y not give PAPI a WAKEFIELD contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

y not give PAPI a WAKEFIELD contract?

seems logical.. ok 15m for next year, then to stop this endless cycle, give him a lifetime mutual annual renewal deal at the same price going forward based on ABs and performance. he reaches the targets and everyone knows what it means, he's back the next year for the same price, no arguments. if he doesnt make it or ruptures something, team has option  to rip it up which they likely will and start over!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Re: y not give PAPI a WAKEFIELD contract?

My thoughts exactly.  I love the guy but going through this hyped up drama every year is really tiresome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I like the idea of Ortiz getting a roll-over deal like Tim Wakefield had for a number of years.

It would end the biannual whining in the media which never sets a good tone for leadership.  He would then just sign on the dotted line before every year that he wants to continue to play.  His body will tell him (just like Wakefield) when it is time to retire.

$3.5 M per year (just like Wakefield) and I am good to go with Papi until he wants to hang up his bat and cleats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

WHY not spell the word WHY with more than just the last letter?? 

Or is this your new thing that makes you look like a 5 year old?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Those two extra letters are a lot of work to type, King.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point....they are about half a keyboard away.

(....and yes....I had to look at my keyboard and count the keys... Embarassed)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point....they are about half a keyboard away.

(....and yes....I had to look at my keyboard and count the keys... Embarassed)

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Sounds like you type like I do.

Two fingers. Three on a good day!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Such an arrangement would seem to make sense for both sides.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I suggested to give Papi a contract that decreased by half the value each year over 39.  So $18 mil for next year followed by $9 mil followed by $4.5 mil, $2.25 mil.  That way we can lower the average salary of the contract for annual budgeting, but we reduce the overall price of the contract while never having to revisit this again.  This would sign him till he is 42 years old and doesn't kill the team if he gets injured.

Of course it would be best to base these off of performance mainly... but this would give Papi the stability he is looking for and even though the price is more next year, it brings the overall luxury tax calculation down.  This way both the team and the player win IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

seems logical.. ok 15m for next year, then to stop this endless cycle, give him a lifetime mutual annual renewal deal at the same price going forward based on ABs and performance. he reaches the targets and everyone knows what it means, he's back the next year for the same price, no arguments. if he doesnt make it or ruptures something, team has option  to rip it up which they likely will and start over!

Looks like he pretty much has a Wakefield contract and all he has to do is ask.  Dennis and callahan have changed their tune and have jumped on board giving Ortiz's contract.  This implies that John Henry has sent the message that he will give Ortiz the extension and nesn told the duo to get in line.

Steve Buckley has also said that he believes the sox will grant Ortiz's wish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WHY not spell the word WHY with more than just the last letter?? 

Or is this your new thing that makes you look like a 5 year old?

[/QUOTE]

Y r u complaining? BTW a 5 yr old would have used all single letters for the whole post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL...oh the irony!!...Wake's was the very contract that back then would send Softy careening like a car with no brakes Sealed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL...oh the irony!!...Wake's was the very contract that back then would send Softy careening like a car with no brakes Sealed

[/QUOTE]

He didn't like Wake?  At least some could not call him a bigot.  Wake was a great fit for the sox. He is another one to consider when Remy retires.  O yea, I pick on Remy too.  I wonder what some have to say about that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I suggested to give Papi a contract that decreased by half the value each year over 39.  So $18 mil for next year followed by $9 mil followed by $4.5 mil, $2.25 mil.  That way we can lower the average salary of the contract for annual budgeting, but we reduce the overall price of the contract while never having to revisit this again.  This would sign him till he is 42 years old and doesn't kill the team if he gets injured.

Of course it would be best to base these off of performance mainly... but this would give Papi the stability he is looking for and even though the price is more next year, it brings the overall luxury tax calculation down.  This way both the team and the player win IMO.

[/QUOTE]

That would be a great solution.

Just out of curiosity...how much did Wake earn during his tenure with the Sox? How much had Ortiz earned so far during his tenure?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would be a great solution.

Just out of curiosity...how much did Wake earn during his tenure with the Sox? How much had Ortiz earned so far during his tenure?

[/QUOTE]

I think wake made 9 million at his best, but someone will soon correct me if it was more. He used to walk into the sox office without an agent after each each season and ink the deal.  It was a very quiet process;