Yankee Poster a necessary evil?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil?

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Out of 1000 posts, perhaps 20 are attacks on Yankee players. Meanwhile, there are 700 posts that attack Red Sox players. Not saying that all 700 come from rival fans. It is false that you come here to defend unfair attacks on Yankee players since that activity is very rare. You come here because it is your hobby, pasttime, your fraternity, your life. Don't color it any other way.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Typical pike post throwing numbers around like they are factual based data.

Get lost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Out of 1000 posts, perhaps 20 are attacks on Yankee players. Meanwhile, there are 700 posts that attack Red Sox players. Not saying that all 700 come from rival fans. It is false that you come here to defend unfair attacks on Yankee players since that activity is very rare. You come here because it is your hobby, pasttime, your fraternity, your life. Don't color it any other way.

Why do you come here, kimpike?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : I don't know what you mean by "nice". Respectful? My philosphy in life is that it takes years to actually get to know someone, to actually know who someone really is. What is a "friend"? I can count my "real friends" on one hand. Those in life who are there when you need friends. I'm sure that is true of everyone, that you actually have just a few friends who to you are like family. Lets not confuse relationships on the internet with friends.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I meant both, not confusing anything, TWM, but I do think posters reflect here who they are, internet or not. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:
    [QUOTE]I think not. Other than jessey and nhsteven I find the average Yankee poster here to be more offensive than any Red Sox poster (save pike ).  I mean do we really need CamelWalk starting an  Ellesbury Fragile thread? And then ItWasMe decides to act the all mighty. I will tell you what, why not talk about your team? Why not tell us the good and bad about your players? Why must they only comment on our guys failings? Is that not what we are here for? To talk about OUR guys for better or worse? This is INSANE that camel and itwasme or tbinfl   get away with insulting our team and the other posters (RED SOX FANS) and we take it on the chin. Is there no more rivalry? Are we DOA? Please say it ain't so.....
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    Taco. It's rival human nature. Each team bashes the other. I have very tough skin and don't let verbal affronts effect me in the slightest. As a retired coach, I always told my players concerning rag articles and the like, 'We'll see'. We were fortunately on the avenging end of the spectrum. This coming from a Yankee fan who simply laughs at these cyber rants. Sox will be surprisingly there in the end and the home team and Bombers' following will see the best coming out of the East once again. Patience my friend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's unfortunate that there are Yankee fans on these threads at all. If you were inviting a few people over to hang out and watch the game this afternoon, would you make a point of also inviting Yankee fans to provide "balance" or "perspective?"
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]
    Happens all the time in my household. We civily taunt, tease and poke at each other, but do recognize great plays from both participants. It's a game and games are supposed to be competitive and fun. Our gang have both. Hate doesn't belong in sports. Leave it in the Middle East where it belongs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : I meant both, not confusing anything, TWM, but I do think posters reflect here who they are, internet or not. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : I meant both, not confusing anything, TWM, but I do think posters reflect here who they are, internet or not. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Then you must think that Internet trolls do not exist and are merely a product of the imagination. Most moderators strongly disagree with you. Many fine people in their everyday life get their kicks out of being someone else once they get onto their computer. it looks like someone has to read up on Internet trolls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Then you must think that Internet trolls do not exist and are merely a product of the imagination. Most moderators strongly disagree with you. Many fine people in their everyday life get their kicks out of being someone else once they get onto their computer. it looks like someone has to read up on Internet trolls.

And they would find the very definition of you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Then you must think that Internet trolls do not exist and are merely a product of the imagination. Most moderators strongly disagree with you. Many fine people in their everyday life get their kicks out of being someone else once they get onto their computer. it looks like someone has to read up on Internet trolls.

Dude...you're an internet troll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Everyone comes here for different reasons he has his I have mine. I don't agree with some of his philosphies he obviously doesn't agree with mine. I'm not going to personally attack him because he has not personally attacked me but to each his own. If his goal is to be liked and accepted by all Red Sox fans he has certainly achieved it, but that isn't my goal. I respond to what I consider to be unfair attacks on yankee players and blatant hypocrisy. I really don't care where I rate in the popularity contest on this site.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]TWM, FTR i think you know i''ve always respected you a Yankee fan and a poster, i've long held you as one of the people i've learned alot from since i first got here, especially irt the Yanks, we really haven't had too many discussions so i don't see where i "obviously" disagree with your philosophies, i've never commented of your dealings with Sox fans, that i can remember my comments in relation to you were probably the sometimes needless way that you and Zac go at each other about the Yanks, it wasn't about your content, maybe just about being more than it needed to be,i'm absolutely NOT dropping this at your feet(Zac was just as complicit) the only other thing was with 04'...that was something so unfortunate, FTR you said alot of things there that i supported 100%, and that i also defended(irt yourself, CP and Vic) in that matter i think the only thing that you and i went at was that i felt that you guys(all of you, including 04) should have kept family out of your arguments...as far as just posting, i've always looked forward(here and at trufan) to your posts that you brought over on the Yanks from other sites(especially the minor leagues reports..and i'm not trying to be" popular" with the Sox fans, i just show everyone the respect i feel they deserve as not just fans about as adults, plus i'm not naive enough to think everyone here likes me...you have never given me any cause to personally attack you, not that i wold anyway, i just don't believe in attacking a person because of what team they root for...i come here and talk about the things i know about baseball and the Yanks/Sox, and much like the day i first came here, i've learned things that i didn't know not only from you, Jess, Steven and TH,but from the Sox fans  also..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : TWM, FTR i think you know i''ve always respected you a Yankee fan and a poster, i've long held you as one of the people i've learned alot from since i first got here, especially irt the Yanks, we really haven't had too many discussions so i don't see where i "obviously" disagree with your philosophies, i've never commented of your dealings with Sox fans, that i can remember my comments in relation to you were probably the sometimes needless way that you and Zac go at each other about the Yanks, it wasn't about your content, maybe just about being more than it needed to be,i'm absolutely NOT dropping this at your feet(Zac was just as complicit) the only other thing was with 04'...that was something so unfortunate, FTR you said alot of things there that i supported 100%, and that i also defended(irt yourself, CP and Vic) in that matter i think the only thing that you and i went at was that i felt that you guys(all of you, including 04) should have kept family out of your arguments...as far as just posting, i've always looked forward(here and at trufan) to your posts that you brought over on the Yanks from other sites(especially the minor leagues reports..and i'm not trying to be" popular" with the Sox fans, i just show everyone the respect i feel they deserve as not just fans about as adults, plus i'm not naive enough to think everyone here likes me....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Fair Jetes.

Although you have a made a few broad unflattering comments about other Yankee posters here without being specific as to who you are exactly referring to.

I agree the discourse between myself and the poster formally known as 2004 frequently steps over the boundaries of good taste, I work at trying to keep it clean but doubt that it has ever been a concern of his.

As far as sharing information from other sites, there just doesn't seem to be much acceptance for that on this site.Matter of fact hostily toward it would be an more apt discription as I tried a few times.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : I see you stayed away from the Lavarnway thread re; Montero 3 RBIs, hr and double to lead Mariners. BA up to .323 and a great night behind the plate too Nostradamus.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]
    Now up to .323 and .755, more like last year's performance with the Yankees. At this rate a cinch Rookie of the Year and probable All-Star.  I know lot yankee fans are happy for Jesus. The Yankees didn't need a .320 hitter and Seattle did -- a great trade for both teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Now up to .323 and .755, more like last year's performance with the Yankees. At this rate a cinch Rookie of the Year and probable All-Star.  I know lot yankee fans are happy for Jesus. The Yankees didn't need a .320 hitter and Seattle did -- a great trade for both teams.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

There is another contender for AL ROY on the mound against the Sox this afternoon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:
    [QUOTE]I think not. Other than jessey and nhsteven I find the average Yankee poster here to be more offensive than any Red Sox poster (save pike ).  I mean do we really need CamelWalk starting an  Ellesbury Fragile thread? And then ItWasMe decides to act the all mighty. I will tell you what, why not talk about your team? Why not tell us the good and bad about your players? Why must they only comment on our guys failings? Is that not what we are here for? To talk about OUR guys for better or worse? This is INSANE that camel and itwasme or tbinfl   get away with insulting our team and the other posters (RED SOX FANS) and we take it on the chin. Is there no more rivalry? Are we DOA? Please say it ain't so.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The love on this forum makes me all tingly inside.

People are who they are. Everyone comes to this forum for different reasons.

I am here for the hot chicks. Where is RedSox Kimmi and Yoshi when I need them?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Yanks loss, 2 sox wins and the Yank posters are scarce.  Yanks win andSox lose today and guess who is back? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Yanks loss, 2 sox wins and the Yank posters are scarce.  Yanks win andSox lose today and guess who is back? 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

What is the name of the thread?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : What is the name of the thread?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

"Poster" and "troll" are not synonomous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Babe will be here, I believe at least, whether NY wins or not. I think Thatwasme will also remain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Babe will be here, I believe at least, whether NY wins or not. I think Thatwasme will also remain.

The coward has no clue.

I think it's a case of running out of ammo and grasping for straws.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Babe will be here, I believe at least, whether NY wins or not. I think Thatwasme will also remain.

I just found it pretty pathetic that some Yankee posters were in here rubbing in the fact that Ellsbury got hurt.  When people do stuff like that they make it pretty clear they just want to be jerks.

Yankee posters like yourself, NHsteven, zac, are fine, I actually take it is a compliment that you're here, it must mean Red Sox fans have better message boards than Yankee fans :)

Regarding Babe, I flushed that turd down the toilet.  Hopefully my first and last ignore. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

So I've never posted on a Yankee forum and would NEVER come onto a Yankee forum and try to lecture Yankee fans on what they should say about the Sox or Sox players. In their forums, they can do what they want. That's part of the issue here with certain Yankee trolls who rationalize they are here to set Sox fans straight instead of reigning in their bullying tendencies and just letting Sox fans  be irrational here just as Yankee fans are in their own forums...

i think that's what Burrito is going after here but Burrito, it's not meant to be, the BDC is not going to turn this forum over to us to operate and control, so it will continue to be the way it is. The ignore button is the only option. 

Clearly Jete, Jessey, and Steven have distinguished themselves as respectful and thoughtful fans and I think they improve the overall conversation here. 

The rest not so much, but that's because trolling another fans' forums is often an act of bullying on a certain level. It most certainly says something about that poster, their need to antagonize. It does not reflect on the person they are outside the Internet. But nothing we can do about it. 

"I'm a born American, family has been here since 1840 had members fight in every war since, I guess I can post here."

Umm......no. There are plenty of private forums all over the Internet. This forum is semi-public but still subject to certain rules that could get you kicked out of here. You are free to post within limits, the question becomes what those limits should be. Private forums are not unAmerican. What would be unAmerican would be to prevent you from starting your own. 

The tack I take is that BDC is out of my control. I ignore who I feel like and engage with who I feel like. That's really the only way forward. For pure Red Sox convos I assume there is a forum much more cleanly moderated than this one but I have chosen this platform for several reasons and am sticking with it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : I just found it pretty pathetic that some Yankee posters were in here rubbing in the fact that Ellsbury got hurt.  When people do stuff like that they make it pretty clear they just want to be jerks. Yankee posters like yourself, NHsteven, zac, are fine, I actually take it is a compliment that you're here, it must mean Red Sox fans have better message boards than Yankee fans :) Regarding Babe, I flushed that turd down the toilet.  Hopefully my first and last ignore. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Well, at least BDC has a better forum than any other sites I have been to. I think it is because BDC covers a wide variety of subject matter and not just sports.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]So I've never posted on a Yankee forum and would NEVER come onto a Yankee forum and try to lecture Yankee fans on what they should say about the Sox or Sox players. In their forums, they can do what they want. That's part of the issue here with certain Yankee trolls who rationalize they are here to set Sox fans straight instead of reigning in their bullying tendencies and just letting Sox fans  be irrational here just as Yankee fans are in their own forums... i think that's what Burrito is going after here but Burrito, it's not meant to be, the BDC is not going to turn this forum over to us to operate and control, so it will continue to be the way it is. The ignore button is the only option.  Clearly Jete, Jessey, and Steven have distinguished themselves as respectful and thoughtful fans and I think they improve the overall conversation here.  The rest not so much, but that's because trolling another fans' forums is often an act of bullying on a certain level. It most certainly says something about that poster, their need to antagonize. It does not reflect on the person they are outside the Internet. But nothing we can do about it.  " I'm a born American, family has been here since 1840 had members fight in every war since, I guess I can post here." Umm......no. There are plenty of private forums all over the Internet. This forum is semi-public but still subject to certain rules that could get you kicked out of here. You are free to post within limits, the question becomes what those limits should be. Private forums are not unAmerican. What would be unAmerican would be to prevent you from starting your own.  The tack I take is that BDC is out of my control. I ignore who I feel like and engage with who I feel like. That's really the only way forward. For pure Red Sox convos I assume there is a forum much more cleanly moderated than this one but I have chosen this platform for several reasons and am sticking with it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Ok blow hard now please present an example of what I posted that was so offensive.