In response to slasher9's comment:
[QUOTE]

baseball is all about history.  that is what is so great about it.  i get why you disagree but the baseball history i took as a given.  plus i said similar, not same.  anyways...the crazy guy beating the sh!t   crud out of the pan with a spoon, the giant bat, and the jail overlooking the stadium made it unique.

[/QUOTE]

True enough.  It certainly had its share of cool quirky elements.  Of course the 4 train running behind the outfield was sweet too.  I just never got that same sense coming up through the voms that I do at Fenway in terms of actually being transported.  But, that is not to say that I didn't enjoy the park for what it was.  Some of the best days/nights of my life were sitting in the bleachers drinking smuggled rum n' cokes and getting verbally abused by drunken Yankee fans.  And, as a long time Brooklyn resident, I always appreciated the loteral door to door nature of the train commute.  Plus, that 70s Port-Authority aesthetic of the remodel was part of the fun (and history) too.  So, I ammend my previous counterpoint to say:  The old stadium was one of a kind and I am sad to see it replaced by its corporate-bland doppelganger, but it never gave me the shivers walking up the voms the way Fenway still does.