Yankees closing in; only 1 ½ games out/Aceves starting Thursday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: Yankees closing in; only 1 ½ games out/Aceves starting Thursday

In response to SoxRuleTheRoost's comment:

The Sox have given up 32 runs to 47 for the Yanks. The Sox have a +21 run differential to +13for the Yanks. I'm not to sure the Yanks current pitching staff is any better the the Sox. At least it hasn't bore it out yet. We already had our #5 go  down and are still plugging along. 

Also the odds of Ortiz contributing are considerably higher than Rodriguez doing likewise. the Sox offense is scoring over 5 runs a game, without WMB Naps & Drew doing much. When they find their stoke the offense will be even better. What is more likely, these three start contributing or the Yanks keep overachieving?

I'll be surprised if the Yanks are within 4 games by the end of the Month.

the odds of Ortiz contributing are considerably higher than Rodriguez doing likewise.

I'm guessing U never

heard of jeter teixera or granderson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

The Sox have given up 32 runs to 47 for the Yanks. The Sox have a +21 run differential to +13for the Yanks. I'm not to sure the Yanks current pitching staff is any better the the Sox. At least it hasn't bore it out yet. We already had our #5 go  down and are still plugging along. 

Also the odds of Ortiz contributing are considerably higher than Rodriguez doing likewise. the Sox offense is scoring over 5 runs a game, without WMB Naps & Drew doing much. When they find their stoke the offense will be even better. What is more likely, these three start contributing or the Yanks keep overachieving?

the odds of Ortiz contributing are considerably higher than Rodriguez doing likewise.

I'm guessing U never

Who?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

I'm guessing U never

Who?

Just kidding. Tex has been in a downward trend for the last 4 years. Jeter will work his you know what off. The question is, how long it takes them to be game ready & how effective they will be. Granderson is the wildcard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Just kidding. Tex has been in a downward trend for the last 4 years. Jeter will work his you know what off. The question is, how long it takes them to be game ready & how effective they will be. Granderson is the wildcard.

Who?

LOL

Tex has been in a downward trend for the last 4 years

not sure if that's the question

isn't the question whether he's an

upgrade over overbay or not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Who?

LOL

Tex has been in a downward trend for the last 4 years

not sure if that's the question

isn't the question whether he's an

upgrade over overbay or not

GM Zac,

The key for ny with their current cast of characters is no one team in the al east gets hot early and separates themselves from the pack. To date that hasn't happen. NY will clearly be more competitive with the return of Tex,Jeter and Granderson.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The Yankees are in the same rabbit hole we've been in for the past four years - just wait until so and so gets back, and we'll be at full strength.  But 40-year-olds don't bounce back from injury like 25-year-olds, and you're assuming that when one guy comes back, nobody else lands on the DL.  And by nobody else, I mean Youk, so you're in the same rabbit hole we've been in for the past four years.

Of course, there's always the chance that Cervelli and Vernon Wells will continue to have an OPS over 1, and lead the Yankees to another division crown.  Sure, the day after the season ends they will be DFAd and suspended for PEDs, but we'll all look the other way and continue to marvel at the Yankee dynasty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

The Yankees are in the same rabbit hole we've been in for the past four years - just wait until so and so gets back, and we'll be at full strength.  But 40-year-olds don't bounce back from injury like 25-year-olds, and you're assuming that when one guy comes back, nobody else lands on the DL.  And by nobody else, I mean Youk, so you're in the same rabbit hole we've been in for the past four years.

Of course, there's always the chance that Cervelli and Vernon Wells will continue to have an OPS over 1, and lead the Yankees to another division crown.  Sure, the day after the season ends they will be DFAd and suspended for PEDs, but we'll all look the other way and continue to marvel at the Yankee dynasty.

How has your team done in this time span? Perhaps you should look at the standings during that time.

I'll do it for you;

NYY Reg. Season Wins: 103, 95, 97, 95; 23 PS Wins, 1 WC

Bos Reg. Season Wins: 95, 80, 90, 69; Zero PS Wins

Also, do you have a link to Wells PED rumors? We know Ortiz has had more than a few, combined with hiding behind the skirt of the PA; yet you want to give him a pass; hysterical.

Don't fret though; the RS look improved from their 48 yr low in 2012, and the NYY look worse. We shall see if this 26 game Reg Season deficit has been made up; although I don't have a crystal ball, I shall say close, but no.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It would be nice to see the Red Sox and Yankees meet in the playoffs this year.  It's been long overdue.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Hiroki Kuroda pitched a masterpiece last night. Kuroda didn't even allow a Baltimore Oriole to reach second until the ninth inning. The O's had just five hits and no walks.

It's all about starting pitching depth and it's what my Yankees have. GM Ben failed to acquire a front of the rotation starter. Dempster is a NL finesse pitcher who failed in Texas.

Again you are an imposter. Fat ugly Frank passed away a couple years ago.

That and you might want to re-think your position on Dempster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

How has your team done in this time span? Perhaps you should look at the standings during that time.

I'll do it for you;

Also, do you have a link to Wells PED rumors? We know Ortiz has had more than a few, combined with hiding behind the skirt of the PA; yet you want to give him a pass; hysterical.

Don't fret though; the RS look improved from their 48 yr low in 2012, and the NYY look worse. We shall see if this 26 game Reg Season deficit has been made up; although I don't have a crystal ball, I shall say close, but no.

"I shall say close,but no"

I haven't seen enough this season to make a informed opinion beyond this observation.

Sox are clearly improved.

Yankees are relying on old players to carry the load.

Hal will be spending less in the future as his hands are tied with lousy contracts.

Sox appear to have more players in the farm closer to being ready then does ny.

They also have more spending flexibility going forward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

I'll do it for you;

I haven't seen enough this season to make a informed opinion beyond this observation.

Hal will be spending less in the future as his hands are tied with lousy contracts.

NYY are only pulling back this yr to attempt to get under the 189 Mil threshold, so as not to pay a huge penalty; next yr, the spigot shall be opened at or close to full throttle. However, as the SFG have shown, there's nothing like SP, payroll or not.

Regardless, admittedly your 1st comment is better than mine regarding this yr, and I agree : 

The RS are having a good start, however.

The other comments, while cogent, are at least partly debatable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

I'll do it for you;

NYY are only pulling back this yr to attempt to get under the 189 Mil threshold, so as not to pay a huge penalty; next yr, the spigot shall be opened at or close to full throttle. However, as the SFG have shown, there's nothing like SP, payroll or not.

Regardless, admittedly your 1st comment is better than mine regarding this yr, and I agree : 

The RS are having a good start, however.

The other comments, while cogent, are at least partly debatable.

"partly debatable"

I agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Hiroki Kuroda pitched a masterpiece last night. Kuroda didn't even allow a Baltimore Oriole to reach second until the ninth inning. The O's had just five hits and no walks.

It's all about starting pitching depth and it's what my Yankees have. GM Ben failed to acquire a front of the rotation starter. Dempster is a NL finesse pitcher who failed in Texas.

who is this depth you speak of?? who takes the place of Kuroda, CC, or AP if one, or God forbid 2 go down?