Yankees find ways to win.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Yankees find ways to win.

We'll see how the Pitching holds up for both teams.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

A baseball fan talking about October baseball in April is like a football fan talking about going to the Superbowl after the draft.  It is way too early. 

Just try enjoying watching "your" team while we enjoy watching "our" team.

Go Sox!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

My Yankees have  a terrific rotation and a very solid bullpen.

As you very knowledgeable Red Sox fans know at a time when baseball has never had more parity, one of the easiest ways to measure teams is by the quality and depth of the pitching staffs.

As long as my Yankees have CC Sabathia, Hiroki Kuroda and Pettitte at the top of their rotation and Mariano Rivera at the back of their bullpen, they'll stay in contention.

My Yankees' rotation has the fifth-best ERA in the American League. 

And the offense has been productive. My Yankees lead the AL in home runs and are fifth in runs.

My Yankees have won 13 of 18 since a 1-4 start and have the AL's fourth-best record.

Baseball seasons expose every weakness, and so the real tests are ahead. My Yankees will be playing  October baseball at Yankee Stadium.

Interesting perspective.  You brought stats into the discussion.  The Yankees are currently 5th in Team ERA in the AL and 18th overall.  However, the Red Sox are 3rd in Team ERA in the AL and 9th overall. 

The Yankees have won 13 of their last 18 and have the AL 4th best record.  The Red Sox have also won 13 of their last 18 and hold the Best Record in all baeball.

While the Yankees may have more HRs the Red Sox have scored more runs...which means they are not as dependant on the long ball to score.

Your argument is falling apart...hard to argue with the team that is in first place...try trolling some place else!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yankees find ways to cheat.  Hafner and Wells have been drinking the 'special Gatorade'.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

In response to Brady101's comment:

My Yankees have  a terrific rotation and a very solid bullpen.

As you very knowledgeable Red Sox fans know at a time when baseball has never had more parity, one of the easiest ways to measure teams is by the quality and depth of the pitching staffs.

As long as my Yankees have CC Sabathia, Hiroki Kuroda and Pettitte at the top of their rotation and Mariano Rivera at the back of their bullpen, they'll stay in contention.

My Yankees' rotation has the fifth-best ERA in the American League. 

And the offense has been productive. My Yankees lead the AL in home runs and are fifth in runs.

My Yankees have won 13 of 18 since a 1-4 start and have the AL's fourth-best record.

Baseball seasons expose every weakness, and so the real tests are ahead. My Yankees will be playing  October baseball at Yankee Stadium.

Interesting perspective.  You brought stats into the discussion.  The Yankees are currently 5th in Team ERA in the AL and 18th overall.  However, the Red Sox are 3rd in Team ERA in the AL and 9th overall. 

The Yankees have won 13 of their last 18 and have the AL 4th best record.  The Red Sox have also won 13 of their last 18 and hold the Best Record in all baeball.

While the Yankees may have more HRs the Red Sox have scored more runs...which means they are not as dependant on the long ball to score.

Your argument is falling apart...hard to argue with the team that is in first place...try trolling some place else!

Trying to have an intelligent discussion is not trolling. Making light of my Yankees' accomplishments demonstrates a lack of knowledge on your part. Your team is playing against the Triple A Houston Astros.

How do you defend offensive production like the following:

Drew: BA .136

Gomes: BA .179

Middlebrooks BA .200

Saltalamacchia BA .238

With stats like this:

Ortiz: BA .500

Carp: BA .417

Nava: BA .320

Not to mention a handfull just under the .300 line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

Here are some more stats for you:

Yankees Team Pitching Leaders:

Wins: 2, ERA: 1.20, Strikeouts: 18

Red Sox Team Pitching Leaders:

Wins: 5, ERA: 1.19, Strikeouts: 43

Again...the most important stat of all...Best record in Baseball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I still think the OP is a RS fan; it's pretty hard to be this ridiculous

25. This post has been removed.