Yankees lose Granderson, Phelps in costly win over Rays.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yankees lose Granderson, Phelps in costly win over Rays.....

Granderson out at least 4 weeks with broken knuckle.

Phelps to be further evaluated.

http://m.mlb.com/2013_05_24_nyamlb_tbamlb_1/recap/?team=away

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Yankees lose Granderson, Phelps in costly win over Rays.....

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Xrays for Phelps negative. He expects to  make his next start.

It was nice to have Granderson for a couple of games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Granderson needs to get an Iron Man suit to hit in. I wont mention anything about plaster of paris this time. LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Granderson needs to get an Iron Man suit to hit in. I wont mention anything about plaster of paris this time. LOL

Thanks muttley.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Thanks muttley.

Dont push me too hard though, in this forum I might not necessarily be a man of my word--unlike real life. The Yankees are aging, with bones brittle like........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wow Granderson is a big loss.  I wasn't really scared with a lot of their regulars coming back because the fill in guys might be playing better or as good right now.   Granderson was the real guy to worry about coming back if you are in the A.L. East. 

Good news if you're a Yankee fan on the Phelps front.  If NY is still in first in a couple months it will be because of their pitching.  Not losing young pitching with that in regard is all the more important. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It's costly because if they have Granderson in their lineup everyday they are a better team in September/october than they are today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Crazy stuff.  The Yanks have been snakebit.  But I think it's still their name I see in first place. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

I wish people would stop talking about the Yankees everytime something happens to them. It seems like when we dwell on their problems, they find ways to win and we languish for some other reason. Let the Yankees worry about themselves, maybe they will go away

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say .....................   "SON, thats Baseball"  !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to edsam44's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Crazy stuff.  The Yanks have been snakebit.  But I think it's still their name I see in first place. 

dont let the facts get in the way of the truth! its all about pitching-and the yankees are 2nd in team ERA

Kuroda was hit by a ball in the calf. Will he make his regular start?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

dont let the facts get in the way of the truth! its all about pitching-and the yankees are 2nd in team ERA

Can't you tell when someone is complimenting your team?

Idiot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Wow Granderson is a big loss.  I wasn't really scared with a lot of their regulars coming back because the fill in guys might be playing better or as good right now.   Granderson was the real guy to worry about coming back if you are in the A.L. East. 

Good news if you're a Yankee fan on the Phelps front.  If NY is still in first in a couple months it will be because of their pitching.  Not losing young pitching with that in regard is all the more important. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Tough year for Granderson for sure, he won't be part of the Yankees future anyway and they always find guys to contribute.  They have a lot more success than we do at filling holes.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

for sure Hugh, but i'll breathe a bit easier when Phelp's start arrives and he actually takes the mound...as for Grandy...ouch!!!!..my worry is that this pushes Vernon Wells into a situation where he doesn't get as much rest..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yankees beat Moore and the Rays in extra innings with good young pitchers pitching.

Nuno ,matching inning for inning Moore, Claiborne and Nova in extra innings with old man Mo to close.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I'd like to see Vernon Wells turn back into the pumpkin he has been for years now. Enough already. 10 HR out of him? And their miracle relievers Claibourne, Nuno and Warren who are putting up great numbers out of nowhere. They are winning with smoke and mirrors. At some point reality is going to sink in. Sabathia is not the same pitcher he was. Kuroda and Cano have been carrying that team and they have just enough success from the rest to hold things together but that relief crew is not going to stay as strong as they have been once other teams see their young pithers several times. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects's comment:

I'd like to see Vernon Wells turn back into the pumpkin he has been for years now. Enough already. 10 HR out of him? And their miracle relievers Claibourne, Nuno and Warren who are putting up great numbers out of nowhere. They are winning with smoke and mirrors. At some point reality is going to sink in. Sabathia is not the same pitcher he was. Kuroda and Cano have been carrying that team and they have just enough success from the rest to hold things together but that relief crew is not going to stay as strong as they have been once other teams see their young pithers several times. 

The Yankees have been stock piling young pitchers in the organization through the draft and free agency for years, they figured not all would work out but there is safety in numbers. A lot of them are now at AA and AAA.

You forgot Phelps, you will see them all soon enough. Pettitte, Pineda, Chamberlain due back. Will be interesting to see Pineda and if he can come back, he has been throwing in the mid 90s.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/league/al

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think that was a compliment, genius...There are some of us Sox fans who have some respect for the NYY and the game itself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

This is probably Grandy's last year in NY.

That said if he continues on and off the DL his value might decrease enough for a return to the Bronx.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is probably Grandy's last year in NY.

That said if he continues on and off the DL his value might decrease enough for a return to the Bronx.

/QUOTE] hey HH, what's doin?...hope you enjoy your MD...