Yankees officially worried about Pineda

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

Yankees officially worried about Pineda

Guys, it looks like Smiley was right on about the latest Yankee phenom's velocity. Another start where he is only throwing 89-91. The Yankee brass is now officially concerned. It seems clear there is some type of injury. Come July when he is on the DL, the Yankees are going to miss Montero's bat in the middle of that aging lineup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda

In Response to Yankees officially worried about Pineda:
    [QUOTE]Guys, it looks like Smiley was right on about the latest Yankee phenom's velocity. Another start where he is only throwing 89-91. The Yankee brass is now officially concerned. It seems clear there is some type of injury. Come July when he is on the DL, the Yankees are going to miss Montero's bat in the middle of that aging lineup.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]

Pineda-"I don’t focus right now on my velo. I’m focused right now on competing on the mound and making a good pitch. That’s it.”

89-91 with his fastball — pretty much the same as last time out — but this time he occasionally hit 93 and topped out at 94.

But again concentrating on his change-up.

No concerns on this end but have at it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes, his velocity is down, and I myself hated the trade. However, since the Yankees are officially worried, link or other source of info please? Or more BS?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda:
    [QUOTE]Yes, his velocity is down, and I myself hated the trade. However, since they're officially worried, link or other source of info please? Or more BS?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
      What do YOU think ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Pineda's ballooning weight over the past couple years seems to now be accompanied by a AAA fastball -- another Phil Hughes in progress. As usual, Cashman knows pitching. Too bad for him that Steinbrenner Jr. seems to be slightly closing the purse strings, which may limit the stud's ability to buy his way out of yet another talent misjudgment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Pineda's ballooning weight over the past couple years seems to now be accompanied by a AAA fastball -- another Phil Hughes in progress. As usual, Cashman knows pitching. Too bad for him that Steinbrenner Jr. seems to be slightly closing the purse strings, which may limit the stud's ability to buy his way out of yet another talent misjudgment.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Ballooning weight over the past couple of years?

He was a rookie last season.

He came into camp 10 lbs heavier than his 2011 weight and has lost 8 of it the last I read.

You guys didn't watch Bard last night?

This is what spring training is for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

rsn kills me! its early march. and the yanks are a bust already haha. Well i havent noticed because im still laughing at last september epic plundge by the sox. shoot it was the worst in baseball history.ooioo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

This is vintage smiley, but the truly funny part is one or two Yankee fans taking the bait. NH, not sure what there is to hate about trading from positional strength for one of the rare commodities in baseball. A wet behind the ears, controllable, stud arm. Every team in baseball would welcome Pineda with open arms and wallets, including the Sox (dream on, Ben), and Smiley has you thinking about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Ballooning weight over the past couple of years? He was a rookie last season. He came into camp 10 lbs heavier than his 2011 weight and has lost 8 of it the last I read. You guys didn't watch Bard last night? This is what spring training is for.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Sorry old friend. Ballplayers are expected to come to camp in shape. ST is for sharpening skills not getting in shape. But you knew that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Sorry old friend. Ballplayers are expected to come to camp in shape. ST is for sharpening skills not getting in shape. But you knew that.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, he was a Mariner all winter and probably a little immature given his age. I'm sure he's already been hammered by the vets that there's a Yankee way to approach the offseason.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Sorry old friend. Ballplayers are expected to come to camp in shape. ST is for sharpening skills not getting in shape. But you knew that.

Which pitcher on the Sox came into camp in mid-season form?

No different from Pineda, he'll be ready when it counts.

Yankees' Pineda shows he’s future second starter
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/see_believe_laQj5d9H01zQyKdNYALnaJ

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

3 RBIs for Montero last night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : 3 RBIs for Montero last night.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]
      The MVP of ST is Jesus Montero.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : 3 RBIs for Montero last night.
     Lester's walked three so far in the first two innings. Looks like he's done. Can't find the plate. What a sad story. Looks like he needs to be replaced. That Cherington, what a fool to not trade him when he could have gotten something for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

In response to "Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda": [QUOTE]Yes, his velocity is down, and I myself hated the trade. However, since the Yankees are  officially worried, link or other source of info please? Or more BS? Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE] Hey, Steve, check out today NY Daily News, NY hometown newspaper. John Harper say Cashman worried over lack of velocity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda": Hey, Steve, check out today NY Daily News, NY hometown newspaper. John Harper say Cashman worried over lack of velocity.

John Harper not exactly a Yankee insider.

Maybe he read it in the Globe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Bartolo Colon impressed the A's yesterday, throwing 52 pitches, 39 for strikes.  He is slated to be their starting pitcher in game #2 of the regular season.

AJ Burnett had been scheduled to be the Pirates opening day starting pitcher, Bartolo Colon is slated to be the A's starting pitcher in game #2 of the regular season and I think I read that Noesi might be the Mariners' starting pitcher in their third game of the season.   The Yankees are stocking the rest of the league with top-of-the-rotation pitchers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smileys_Back. Show Smileys_Back's posts

In response to "Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : John Harper not exactly a Yankee insider. Maybe he read it in the Globe. Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE] Hey twm, he is more of insider then you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda": Hey twm, he is more of insider then you!

What  makes you think so?

There are very few Yankee insiders with this ownership the closest is Jack Curry of the NY Times. Cashman is stealth.

Harper is a writer with a family to feed he writes in a NY paper and has to fill space.

How many of these so called NY insiders saw the Montero for Lee trade coming or the Montero for Pineda.

I'll tell you how many zippo, they found out about it the same way and time that I did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Bartolo Colon  impressed the A's yesterday, throwing 52 pitches, 39 for strikes.  He is slated to be their starting pitcher in game #2 of the regular season. AJ Burnett had been scheduled to be the Pirates opening day starting pitcher, Bartolo Colon is slated to be the A's starting pitcher in game #2 of the regular season and I think I read that Noesi might be the Mariners' starting pitcher in their third game of the season.   The Yankees are stocking the rest of the league with top-of-the-rotation pitchers.

And they currently have three at AAA Scranton Wilkes Barre ready to be promoted to the Bronx if there are injuries, in Phelps, Warren and Mitchell.

Of course the two at SWB  more highly touted are Banuelos and Betances and both have pitched well this spring.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

And Jesus Montero caught six innings Saturday evening as the Seattle Mariners paraded out their four young stud pitchers -- Erasmo Ramirez, Danny Hultzen, James Paxton and Taijuan Walker -- in a 7-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : And Jesus Montero caught six innings Saturday evening as the Seattle Mariners paraded out their four young stud pitchers -- Erasmo Ramirez, Danny Hultzen, James Paxton and Taijuan Walker -- in a 7-1 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

I tend to think they will probably give Jaso a lions share of the catching but Montero has been hot with the bat put one off the centerfield wall last night.

One thing about Montero is he goes with the pitch and doesn't try to pull or do too much with it but he doesn't have to with power to all fields.

I think he's going to be a great hitter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Bartolo Colon  impressed the A's yesterday, throwing 52 pitches, 39 for strikes.  He is slated to be their starting pitcher in game #2 of the regular season. AJ Burnett had been scheduled to be the Pirates opening day starting pitcher, Bartolo Colon is slated to be the A's starting pitcher in game #2 of the regular season and I think I read that Noesi might be the Mariners' starting pitcher in their third game of the season.   The Yankees are stocking the rest of the league with top-of-the-rotation pitchers.
    Where did you read that?

The Mariners open March 28-29 against the Athletics in Toyko and then have seven days off before their third game on April 6 in Oakland. Felix Hernandez is the likely starter in Game 1 and in Game 3. Hector Noesi is promising, but the former Yankee is no lock for the Seattle rotation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda": Hey, Steve, check out today NY Daily News, NY hometown newspaper. John Harper say Cashman worried over lack of velocity.

OK, you backed it up. I apologize

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Where did you read that? The Mariners open March 28-29 against the Athletics in Toyko and then have seven days off before their third game on April 6 in Oakland. Felix Hernandez is the likely starter in Game 1 and in Game 3. Hector Noesi is promising, but the former Yankee is no lock for the Seattle rotation.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Seattle has some very good pitching prospects up and coming and why they moved Pineda for Montero.

I think the plans for Noesi was to be a bridge to buy time for the kids.