1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Yankees to sign Tanaka

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

all my posts about the 2014 yankees stated they were at best going to be a .500 team.  this signing IMO doesnt change this prediction.  that's how.

[/QUOTE]

So you think the 2014 Yanks are going to be worse than last year? I don't really see how.

[/QUOTE]

I still say it all hinges on how CC performs and if Kuroda can avoid running out of gas in August.

[/QUOTE]

The lineup is highly questionable as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wont the Yanks really get whacked when A-Rod gets back. Could be out of Scherzer, Lester sweepsatkes in 2015?

[/QUOTE]

I doubt the Yankees are gonna let A-Rod interefere with any plans, if anything they may just write him a check and send him on his merry way. I would be very surprised if A-Rod ever plays again. That said, I also think the Yankees are hopeful Pineda can have a nice year and Nova can take another step forward. Plus they still love Banuelos. The days of aces being on the market are pretty much coming to an end, I think every team in the MLB knows that. Look at all the aces getting locked up the last few years, Verlander, King Felix, Cain, Kershaw, etc. If an ace is on the market these days it's usually because something may be wrong with him or the downside of his career is lurking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

still a .500 team next season.  and this should put them up over luxury tax once again.

[/QUOTE]

How are they "still" a .500 team when they never were a .500 team?

[/QUOTE]

all my posts about the 2014 yankees stated they were at best going to be a .500 team.  this signing IMO doesnt change this prediction.  that's how.

[/QUOTE]

So you think the 2014 Yanks are going to be worse than last year? I don't really see how.

[/QUOTE]

#cano

#mo

#ss

#3b

#cc

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/01/yankees-to-sign-masahiro-tanaka.html

wow.  7 yr $155M for a pitcher we never seen.  They really let that wallet wide open this winter.  Good luck with Tanaka cause that's what they need paying him like that.  

[/QUOTE]

Good . Hope they can sign a few more. Maybe Price?  Hope they can match Dodgers  and pay for another losing season. The free money goes to ( A- Tanaka- Rod )   Next -up ? A Jeter replacement project.... Good luck with that... and on and on and on... bla bla bla bla.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

No surprise there, really.

Hopefully the Yankees just got the next Dice-K, not the next Darvish.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

still a .500 team next season.  and this should put them up over luxury tax once again.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

#cano

#mo

#ss

#3b

#cc

[/QUOTE]

Went after the #1 Catcher, which was the biggest upgrade, feasibly bigger than retaining Cano, signed the #1 OF, and signed the #1 pitcher.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still say it all hinges on how CC performs and if Kuroda can avoid running out of gas in August.

[/QUOTE]

The lineup is highly questionable as well.

[/QUOTE]

Not really, I mean yes they go from Cano to Roberts at 2B but they also go from Chris Stewart to Brian McCann at catcher, they go from Lyle Overbay to Mark Texeira at 1B, they go from an outfield of Vernon Wells, Brett Gardner, and Ichiro to Gardner, Ellsbury and Beltran. The Yankees are actually a very strong offensive team. It hinges on health, but if that lineup is healthy it's actually a very strong lineup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Time to steal Drew from the RS.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

@BillShaikin

Confirmed #Dodgers did go over $100m in bid for Tanaka, for a team that would have slotted him behind Kershaw at #1 and Greinke at #2.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

no Cano, no A-Rod, no Youklis, no Mo Riveria, etc...they could be worser than last year

Umm, they basically didn't have youk and arod all last year. And the additions of McCann, Ells and Beltran certainly should make up for the loss of Cano and then some.

They also seemed to do OK without Mo the previous season.

[/QUOTE]

Bullpen is the biggest issue IMO. Even if like Robertson, I do, the rest of the bullpen is a mess. Especially if Robertson doesn't make a smooth transition from set up man to closer that bullpen may be the worst in baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no Cano, no A-Rod, no Youklis, no Mo Riveria, etc...they could be worser than last year

[/QUOTE]

Arod youk did nothing.  

Tex, roberts, jacoby, mccann, beltran will easily replace the numbers lost by arod cano.  The yanks have a good rotation with this signing.  I still think they add one more starter.  Maybe garza.  

Jacoby, Jeter, Beltran, mccann, tex is a darn good 5.  

Mo can never be replaced.  But who saw koji as a lights out closer heading into last year.  

Tanaka signing is huge.  Yanks now have a very good top 3.  Fear of the yanks has grown again.  Pitching wins.  And they now can compete.  Their bats will be very good.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think we all saw that one coming.  It's a solid signing by the Yankees.  They over spent...but they had to and they were in DIRE need of pitching.  He's also still quite young and the Yankees have a poor minor league system so they essentially tied their own hands.

I saw the contract has an opt out claus after year 4.....which was a good decision on their part.

With all of that said.....I hope he's horrible.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, hey, thanks for the upside for the Yanks. That was seriously lacking.

[/QUOTE]

No problem kinsayscrap.  Goos thing we have you policing the board....no idea how bad this place would get without you....

[/QUOTE]

Said from the guy that follows Bill and Softy around, increasing their thread count with insults. LMAO

You're like a guy who doesn't like the Sox or their fans, and goes after posters who other Sox fans go after so it doesn't seem unusual.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

guess i was wrong..all along i felt he would land out West..not too thrilled with the years and $$, but will just be leaving the sunny side of 30 at the end of the contract...hope it works out for both sides...  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Sabathia
    Kuroda
    Tanaka
    Nova
    Pineda

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You had to know that, given that the ARod situation was handled just in time. Still had to wait to see if it was really true. Hope it doesn't pan out, although...

[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Was completely obvious.  MLB feeds the Yankees once again.

$175 million dollars...  I don't wanna hear anymore about how we paid Dice-K $100 mil from Yankee fan.

[/QUOTE]

You're my kind of guy, MustangBri!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To have him "stolen" the Red Sox would have to really want him back, and there's not much indication that's the case. The door may still be open, but they seem pretty comfortable moving on with Bogaerts/Middlebrooks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, they basically didn't have youk and arod all last year. And the additions of McCann, Ells and Beltran certainly should make up for the loss of Cano and then some.

They also seemed to do OK without Mo the previous season.

[/QUOTE]

Ells, Beltran, Tex, etc are not a guarantee healthy player for the entire season next year!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Morning 4B's i agree..tho i do feel Pineda could wind up a wild card/x-factor in the pitching situation

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

[QUOTE]

Sabathia
    Kuroda
    Tanaka
    Nova
    Pineda

[/QUOTE]

The scary thing is the guys who will start the season as the top 2 because of track record cound easily wind up being the 4 and 5 by the end of the year based on current talent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think we all saw that one coming.  It's a solid signing by the Yankees.  They over spent...but they had to and they were in DIRE need of pitching.  He's also still quite young and the Yankees have a poor minor league system so they essentially tied their own hands.

I saw the contract has an opt out claus after year 4.....which was a good decision on their part.

With all of that said.....I hope he's horrible.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, hey, thanks for the upside for the Yanks. That was seriously lacking.

[/QUOTE]

No problem kinsayscrap.  Goos thing we have you policing the board....no idea how bad this place would get without you....

[/QUOTE]

Said from the guy that follows Bill and Softy around, increasing their thread count with insults. LMAO

You're like a guy who doesn't like the Sox or their fans, and goes after posters who other Sox fans go after so it doesn't seem unusual.

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you remember all of my posts and that they left an impression on you.  I can't seem to really recall any of yours.......

By the way; "You're like a guy who doesn't like the Sox or their fans, and goes after posters who other Sox fans go after so it doesn't seem unusual."

Great sentence.....thanks for living up to the your moniker "Kimsayscrap"

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Don't kid yourself.  If the Red Sox had really wanted Drew they would have had him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To have him "stolen" the Red Sox would have to really want him back, and there's not much indication that's the case. The door may still be open, but they seem pretty comfortable moving on with Bogaerts/Middlebrooks.

[/QUOTE]

How one signing turns them into scavengers. I'll admit, it was a pretty big signing and I'm nauseated by it.