Yankees, who will they want to play in playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

Yankees, who will they want to play in playoffs

thought about a week ago they would not want the Sox, you know the rivalry and all, but after the past few days, they are licking their chops. I would say the yankees will play their topline-up  against the Rays just to make the Sox get in, then the Yankees can rest some players during the sweep

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Yankees, who will they want to play in playoffs

I don't think the Yanks care. They are solid right now going into the postseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Detroit, most probably

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree that they don't care......I give them alot of credit for how hard they went after the Sox today...even with resting guys each game....they will not be rolling over for the Rays either. This is a team playing very confident baseball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees, who will they want to play in playoffs:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the Yanks care. They are solid right now going into the postseason.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

jessey, they were solid in 2004 as well up three to nothing, and we all know what happened. but it should always go between the sox and yanks in post season. hope giradi feels the same and attack the rays like they did against the sox

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]jessey, they were solid in 2004 as well up three to nothing, and we all know what happened. but it should always go between the sox and yanks in post season. hope giradi feels the same and attack the rays like they did against the sox
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]

are you a pink hat

they were solid in 2004

they were solid in 1999

they were solid in 2003

and we all know what happened

if I was in your position

I wouldn't be thinking about amazing comebacks right now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that they don't care......I give them alot of credit for how hard they went after the Sox today...even with resting guys each game....they will not be rolling over for the Rays either. This is a team playing very confident baseball.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Girardi went hard at the RS.  How else can you explain batting Romine with the bases loaded and two catchers available?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from samclemens. Show samclemens's posts

[QUOTE]jessey, they were solid in 2004 as well up three to nothing, and we all know what happened. but it should always go between the sox and yanks in post season. hope giradi feels the same and attack the rays like they did aga
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]  The Yankees were not "solid" in 2004.  Their rotation was a mess heading into the postseason thanks in large part to Kevin Brown and Javy Vazquez and they were not favored to even make it to the ALCS.  The fact that they won the first 3 games of the series against the Sox was remarkable under the circumstances.  That year the Sox had the deepest starting rotation in baseball as their starters did not miss a single start.  Lowe came up big in the postseason after having a Lackey like regular season.  The Sox comeback was extraordinary of course, but there have many teams through the years who have lost 4 straight in postseason play even when they were favored to win.  Upsets are more common these days in baseball than any of the other sports in large part due to the postseason format  which rarely culminates in the truly best teams in the leagues playing each other in the final series of the season.  It's essentially a crapshoot and any of the 8 teams who make it can get to the World Series if lady luck bestows her blessings on them.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

with the SOX pitching? staff, any team in the playoffs wants the SOX.
    nice job by SLACKEY last night; LESTER may now be the worst starter on the team.
    no, second worst; nobody is worse than WAKE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

Does not matter in the playoffs your pitching is exposed and the yankees staff will get pounded by either Texas or Detroit

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I don't think they care but I do think they like the idea that Rays could be knocked out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

You re right that the Yankees do not care who they want to play cuz they need to worry about their first round opponent before worry about a team from the AL east division.  They just want an easier path to the World Series!!!  Not to just worry about who is their next opponent.

If they say, I rather to face Boston cuz Boston is all bang@d up, and tired from fighting into the playoff, they could lose in the first round due they overlook that opponent after thinking of facing Boston!!

For Boston, we all know that we do not want to face the Yankees cuz their dangerous line up.  Still Texas and Detriot both have a good offense line up, but not as strong as the Yankees!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees, who will they want to play in playoffs : are you a pink hat they were solid in 2004 they were solid in 1999 they were solid in 2003 and we all know what happened if I was in your position I wouldn't be thinking about amazing comebacks right now
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

if I was in your position

I wouldn't be thinking about amazing comebacks right now

All we have to do is take care of buisness in Baltimore and it's over...If we can't beat the O's with our best starters lined up (with the post season on the line) we probably didn't derserve a spot in the tourny anyways.

Now it wouldn't hurt if your boys while in their home away from home, took a game or two from the Rays...;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Does not matter in the playoffs your pitching is exposed and the yankees staff will get pounded by either Texas or Detroit
    Posted by bnoaton[/QUOTE]

Who will then pound our pitching staff!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

All you Sawx fans (embarrassed Sawx Fans) who are bringing up 2004, that's more laughable than your September Record. It just makes you more pathetic than your starting rotation, quite truthfully.

The '09 World Champion Yankees are more comprable to the 2011 than the 2004 team was. And lets not even discuss the differences between the 2 Boston teams. THOSE guys were fighters. Not so much here. Sorry.

For a fanbase who's team hasn't won a playoff game since George W. Bush was in office, you are making yourselves look like fools today.

LUCKILY, your team itself has bested you in regards to THAT.

GOOD LUCK VS. BALTIMOOOOORE!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Sadly, with the way this season has unfolded, both the Rays and Red Sox will feel blessed just to have made it to the playoffs.  With their recent play, expectations of the Red Sox have been lowered to the extent that whomever they play, they will be the underdogs, placing the pressure squarely on the other teams.  The Rays, if they get in instead, will also be viewed as the underdog to any other team.   As for the Yankees, by the second round (assuming pitching can be lined up) either the Rays or Red Sox could give them a good challenge.