Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract

It's almost  impossible  to void a legally binding contract. You have to show the terms are illegal or  there is a clause in the conract which make it voidable. In this case, unless the NYY had a clause about PED use, I don't see them getting out of it, especially with the players union behind him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I agree with the OP. They won't be able to get out of it. This contracted cemented HAL's legacy (or lack of), and I doubt he'll ever have the authority to approve a contract again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

They had their chance to get out of it when he opted out. Sorry yanks no do-over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

As I understand it, if A-Rod can't play anymore the Yankees have a good chance of recouping a lot of the contract through the insurance policy on it.

I think one way or another they're going to get a chunk of their money back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Later in April 2013 "Alex is a Yankee, he will always be a Yankee. He is our third-basemen" Brian Cashman

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

What the Yanks do is one thing but if Arod winds up with a 50 game suspension and quite possibly even if he doesn't  I'll bet the Insurance company will try to have an out clause on paying the Yanks any money 
    As far as voiding the contract you can be sure the Players Union will not take kindly to that approach.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

The Yankees are exploring multiple avenues to void their contract with Alex Rodriguez, several baseball sources told ESPNNewYork.com's Wallace Matthews and Andrew Marchand.  Rodriguez was among several MLB stars who were linked to a PED clinic in Miami, Florida.  Even if the charges turn out to be true, however, the Bombers may have little chance of getting out from under his contract.

The three-time American League MVP is owed $114MM over the next five seasons.  An industry source says the Yankees "are looking at about 20 different things," including whether A-Rod breached the contract by taking medical treatment from an outside doctor without the team's authorization, and the possibility that he may have broken the law by purchasing controlled substances from the clinic.

If the Yankees do take action to 86 the remainder of the third baseman's deal, they can't do anything until the MLB investigation is concluded, according to a source.  For his part, Rodriguez has issued a statement denying the allegations

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#M4bmevX2mUDdeTTg.99

What are your thoughts? Me personally am torn. While I would love to see A - Fraud lose out on 114 Million Dollars, I would also like to see the Yankees have to pay him anyways that way their payroll is tied up for the next few years. My guess is the Yankees fail to void A Rods contract, A Rod never steps on a MLB Diamond ever again, and the Yankees are still forced to pay him.

Your being a hater is clouding your logic on "A-Fraud" (mature nickname)- a contract that big has plenty of outs for the employee, as you may well see, on a lesser scale, of your very own "David "Roidtiz"....

This time, I don't agree. As far as "Big Juicy"is concerned, while there's an issue there, one has little or nothing to do with the other.

Well, my post was apparently removed, anyway, for some offensive content, which can be read in the post above........

The board does not take lightly any comments about Ortiz on this subject, based on historical precedent.

Damn. Duly noted.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

What I want to know is, where is our resident lawyer when we need him?  <Smirk>

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Baseball players union will never let this happen, ever. They are the most powerful union in the world and they have been able to get away with just about anything with the drug testing over the years. 

Exceptions would be: 

- if A Rod is physically unable to play for an extended period, then maybe some money back

- if A Rod is provedn to have committed a steroid related offense, but that will take proof well beyond what there seems to be at this time as A Rod will NEVER confess to this new round of evidence, so it will have to take multiple witnesses and so on, maybe even DNA. 

A Rod is going to get paid, which will be fun to watch as well since he is not likely to contribute anywhere near his contract value. 

You could argue ARod should do the right thing and give the money back, that ain't happening. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pelosireturns' comment:

They had their chance to get out of it when he opted out. Sorry yanks no do-over.

Right. The night he and Fox co-opted the Red Sox World Series broadcast on the night they clinched.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

5 Years 114Mil Big Bang Bucks ForA Bench Warmer, Maybe He Can Pass Out The

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

LOL.... I love how our team of crackpot lawyers in here act like they know the ins and outs of the contract and are able to state unequivocally that it can't be voided.

Contracts are legally written and  binding, for a reason, babe. Unless there is a specific clause in any contract, they're ironclad and next to impossible to get out of, on either side.  The players union, is also on ARODs side. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Contracts are legally written and  binding, for a reason, babe. Unless there is a specific clause in any contract, they're iron clad and next to impossible to get out of, on either side.  The players union, is also on ARODs side. 

Understood jbay, have you read his contract personally?

[/QUOTE]

Unless there is a specific clause in the contract about PEDS, the Yankees are on the hook. In 2007, when it was rewritten, Peds weren't even in the AROD discussion. Knowing he took them, do you actually think he would sign a contract with that in it?? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Enjoy paying a scandal-ridden fraud $114,000,000 for the next five years, Spanks. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Unless there is a  specific clause in the contract about PEDS, the Yankees are on the hook. In 2007, when it was rewritten, Peds weren't even in the AROD discussion. Knowing he took them, do you actually think he would sign a contract with that in it??

Not necessarily. If it can be proven that he broke the law, there may be an out for that.

That's why it says that the Yankees are looking at 20 diefferent things that are possibilities.

Now, I doubt it happens either. But obviously the Yankees, who, unlike anyone here, have actually read tha contract think there may be some possibility. So for anyone here to state that it absolutely won't happen is merely wishful thinking.

if there was an clause about PEDS,  the Yankees would have already exercised their option.   They're looking for a crack, in the the contract. The players union won't stand for it. The Yankees also have to be careful how they handle it, for potential future signings. It's a mess, no doubt about it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Unless there is a  specific clause in the contract about PEDS, the Yankees are on the hook. In 2007, when it was rewritten, Peds weren't even in the AROD discussion. Knowing he took them, do you actually think he would sign a contract with that in it??

Not necessarily. If it can be proven that he broke the law, there may be an out for that.

That's why it says that the Yankees are looking at 20 diefferent things that are possibilities.

Now, I doubt it happens either. But obviously the Yankees, who, unlike anyone here, have actually read tha contract think there may be some possibility. So for anyone here to state that it absolutely won't happen is merely wishful thinking.

if there was an clause about PEDS,  the Yankees would have already exercised their option.   Theyre looking for a crack in the the contract. The players union wont stand for it. The Yankees also have to be careful here, for potential future signings. Its a mess, no doubt about it. 

Theyre on the same kind of curve the Sox are, just a little behind. Its like having the flu, then getting on the tail end of it and starting to feel better, only to see your neighbor beginning to come down with the same sickness.