YANKS just swept, anyone else beginning to hear baby footsteps?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: YANKS just swept, anyone else beginning to hear baby footsteps?

Not babysteps.

Monster steps.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

we better keep up the mo-mentum esp thru pesky LA... yanks are on pace for a historical roll! they will soon past the slumping O's.

I think what you mean is 'Yannks sweep'.  Saying 'swept' implies that they were swept.

And the NYY are tied for 9th in the AL.  If they catch us, so will everyone else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Or, put another way, if we go just 17-18, the NYY need to go 25-12, and they would also have to beat us 5-7.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If you don't hear the footsteps, you have not been paying attention. They are there. Don't start with the if we go 17 and 18 stuff. Way too soon for that. The Yankees are not the team that was struggling earlier. They are red hot and feeling confident. The Sox have been floundering. This had better turn around soon. If not , within one week , they will be breathing down our necks. They could overtake us by Sept. 1 ,  never mind the end of the season. If we lose this game, the Rays are in first place, and the Yankees are coming fast. This is reality folks. All of the " chicken little " stuff is not going to change reality. This team had better wake up and wake up soon.  

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

I posted an earlier note about this. Just about two weeks ago Boston had a 12.5 game lead over the Yankees. Now that lead is down to 6.5 games. We are starting to see 1978, 2010 and 2011 all over again.

We need a  manager who knows talent and can develop that talent. It a 2-2 game you allow the bases to become loaded and then bring in a reliever who is young and known to be wild? That is baseball 101. We need a Tony Larussa type of manager.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Farrell brings in a guy with known control issues with a game on the line and the bases loaded with Uehara down there and available??? Sorry guys, but Farrell is a complete moron when it comes to pitching moves. Even if Koji wasnt available, Villareal is the LAST option to bring out there in that situation. This had to be by far thee dumbest move he could have possibly made tonight. And he did. I am in awe of his stupidity.

On a side note, Taz is not a reliable option either. Ive been saying it since the start of this month. hes an advanture everytime he takes the mound and I hold my breath everytime he pitches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Farrell brings in a guy with known control issues with a game on the line and the bases loaded with Uehara down there and available??? Sorry guys, but Farrell is a complete moron when it comes to pitching moves. Even if Koji wasnt available, Villareal is the LAST option to bring out there in that situation. This had to be by far thee dumbest move he could have possibly made tonight. And he did. I am in awe of his stupidity.

On a side note, Taz is not a reliable option either. Ive been saying it since the start of this month. hes an advanture everytime he takes the mound and I hold my breath everytime he pitches.

When you decided to pen your post. Did you sit and think of the alternatives and senerios at play when Farrel made his choices? 

Uehara was being held back to close had we gotten the lead...in a tied game on the road..no brainer, if we're home he pitches. If it!s a postseason game he pitches. 

Tazawa has pitched his azz off all year and has allowed 2 earned runs in his last 10 appearances with 11 k's 1 bb and has a 1.46 era. In that time frame. Last night was one of the two runs he's allowed and it scored on foul ball sac fly.

Workman was unavailable after pitching the last two days. 

Breslow came in and pitched in the 6th and gave them 4 outs...

Here's who Farrel was left with entering the ninth with the possibility of extra innings. Uehara, Morales, Villareal and Britton. Tie game on the road. Farrel has to save one in case the game goes extras my guess is that Britton was that guy. given that both Morales and Villarreal had just come off the DL. Unlikely he'd ask them to pitch multiple innings. He then has to factor in that if he puts Uehara in a tie game on the road, just to get to extra innings. He then would then have to pitch two innings if we take the lead to secure the save. lost on most is that it's the accumlative workload on the guys in the pen not just iniings pitched. Thus if Uehara gets up and ready himself to pitch, enters the game he may not be available the next day, a day you have a game on the schedule.

So left with those options he turned to Morales and Villareal his only two options left given the situation. They failed, not Farrel. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

When you decided to pen your post. Did you sit and think of the alternatives and senerios at play when Farrel made his choices? 

Yes I did. Did you realize that there were other options or do you just always agree with what Farrell does?

Uehara was being held back to close had we gotten the lead...in a tied game on the road..no brainer, if we're home he pitches. If it!s a postseason game he pitches. 

Sorry, I didnt realize that Koji couldnt get us 4 outs. Im so sorry. What was I thinking.

Tazawa has pitched his azz off all year and has allowed 2 earned runs in his last 10 appearances with 11 k's 1 bb and has a 1.46 era. In that time frame. Last night was one of the two runs he's allowed and it scored on foul ball sac fly.

Tazawa is just under 60IP already. Thats what a reliever in his position usually has in a year 60-70IP. Ya ever think hes going to be worn out at the end of sept when he has around over that and the post season hasnt even started yet? Hes been very hittable this year, sorry if you cant see that. Im not upset that he was used because hes all they have for the 8th. Im a little worried hes going to be worn down though.

Here's who Farrel was left with entering the ninth with the possibility of extra innings. Uehara, Morales, Villareal and Britton. Tie game on the road. Farrel has to save one in case the game goes extras my guess is that Britton was that guy. given that both Morales and Villarreal had just come off the DL. Unlikely he'd ask them to pitch multiple innings. He then has to factor in that if he puts Uehara in a tie game on the road, just to get to extra innings. He then would then have to pitch two innings if we take the lead to secure the save. lost on most is that it's the accumlative workload on the guys in the pen not just iniings pitched. Thus if Uehara gets up and ready himself to pitch, enters the game he may not be available the next day, a day you have a game on the schedule.

No, Koji pitches instead of Villareal in that situation and gets us 4 outs. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp? Because Farrell didnt say it? Villareal has issued like 33BB in 43IP. Hes terrible with his control. You can pitch for tomorrow, but then you will always find yourself pitching for tomorrow and not for today. Thats dumb. Lets not give ourselves the best chance to win tonight when we have a legit chance to win because we might have a chance to win tomorrow. yeah, thats brilliant thinking.

So left with those options he turned to Morales and Villareal his only two options left given the situation. They failed, not Farrel. 

I agree that Morales didnt do his job, nor did Taz, but you still dont get it. There was still a chance to win regardless of 2 of your BP arms failing to get the job done. Koji can get you 4 outs if needed, not some guy with control issues and has 33BB over his last 43IP. Koji gets you 4 outs, then you ask Britton to give you as many IP as he can. THEN you go with Villareal in a clean inning, not with bases loaded, 2 outs bottom 9th. Whats so hard about that for you to understand?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Who cares if the Yankees catch and pass us. At least we got to throw at Arod. lol pathetic

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The arithmetic is way against them, given that they have to leap frog multiple teams in their own division. Snce these teams play each other often going forward, not everyone can be cold at the same time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

of course.  they made up 5 or 6 games in short order.  would be naive not to hear them.

winning tonight will help.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

The arithmetic is way against them, given that they have to leap frog multiple teams in their own division. Snce these teams play each other often going forward, not everyone can be cold at the same time.

The arithmetic is against them for winning the division (that doesn't rule them out though), but I think they have a very good chance at making the wildcard, unfortunately.

The Yankees are one team that I never rule out.  They always seem to find a way to get it done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

The arithmetic is against them for winning the division (that doesn't rule them out though), but I think they have a very good chance at making the wildcard, unfortunately.

The Yankees are one team that I never rule out.  They always seem to find a way to get it done.

KC and the O's have certainly been accomodating for them.

Folding bastids!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FREE8. Show FREE8's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Or, put another way, if we go just 17-18, the NYY need to go 25-12, and they would also have to beat us 5-7.

That scenario is unlikely, but it's really not a stretch. The Yankees clearly have a bounce in their step again and I really hope that Sunday night wasn't the game they point to as rallying the troops. That said the Sox are still in a very good position, but if they lose to SF today I will start to be very concerned--it will mean like the 4th series in a row we have lost and heading into LA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Baby steps? More like the common house fly walking on yesterday's pizza leftovers. NY will improve, but will not make the PS. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

only relevant if one is talking about winning the division

I  believe the OP was talking about nyy catching boston

still highly unlikely but much easier than winning the div

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

[QUOTE]

we better keep up the mo-mentum esp thru pesky LA... yanks are on pace for a historical roll! they will soon past the slumping O's.

It is amazing how throwing at a player can motivate a team.

[/QUOTE]

The NYY were already hot before that. Its not like they were losing every game and all of a sudden turned it around when Arod got plunked. heck they did nothing for 5 innings after he did get hit. theyre 8-2 their last 10 and were riding high when they came onto Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Wow.  They swept Toronto.  Nobody ever beats Toronto.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Yes I did. Did you realize that there were other options or do you just always agree with what Farrell does? 

No...I too question many off his decisions...Last night if he was playing not to lose then the right play was to pitch Uehara...

Sorry, I didnt realize that Koji couldnt get us 4 outs. Im so sorry. What was I thinking.

Of coarse he can get four puts....again it was tie game on the road entering the bottom of the nonth. Uehara is just beginning to stretch to start getting warm In case it goes extras and we push across the go ahead run. What you are or were thinking is that Farrel should have had him up and ready once the Giants got a man on base...we can agree to disagree....you don't burn your closer in a tie game on the road.    

Tazawa is just under 60IP already. Thats what a reliever in his position usually has in a year 60-70IP. Ya ever think hes going to be worn out at the end of sept when he has around over that and the post season hasnt even started yet? Hes been very hittable this year, sorry if you cant see that. Im not upset that he was used because hes all they have for the 8th. Im a little worried hes going to be worn down though.

His workload was not your argument. You questioned his affectiveness. I merely cited his stats in the last month as a retort to your opinion. I am also concerned about over using him...end of the day they need Morales to step up and help carry the load...

No, Koji pitches instead of Villareal in that situation and gets us 4 outs. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp? Because Farrell didnt say it? Villareal has issued like 33BB in 43IP. Hes terrible with his control. You can pitch for tomorrow, but then you will always find yourself pitching for tomorrow and not for today. Thats dumb. Lets not give ourselves the best chance to win tonight when we have a legit chance to win because we might have a chance to win tomorrow. yeah, thats brilliant thinking.

it's not difficult for me to grasp at all...see my opin above....Our best chance to win was to have Uehara on the bump with a lead. 

I agree that Morales didnt do his job, nor did Taz, but you still dont get it. There was still a chance to win regardless of 2 of your BP arms failing to get the job done. Koji can get you 4 outs if needed, not some guy with control issues and has 33BB over his last 43IP. Koji gets you 4 outs, then you ask Britton to give you as many IP as he can. THEN you go with Villareal in a clean inning, not with bases loaded, 2 outs bottom 9th. Whats so hard about that for you to understand?

I will paraphrase a quote from Bill Belicheck "rarely can a team win, when they're playing not to lose.

Clearly we differ on the value of burning your closer in a tied game on the road. If my opinion paints me as a Farrel supporter? I guess I am guilty as charged. If you asked me my opion on where I think he erred it was not going out and kicking Morales in the azz and telling him it's his game to lose. Instead of putting the game in the hands of a kid making his debut. one with questionable control...In end the Sox need Morales to find his groove if they indeed want to wiN more than one game on the road in the middle of August.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

They are in a delay so it's possible you will be correct about the sweep.