Yanks./Sox II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Re: Yanks./Sox II

Great game for CC.

Actually, we're lucky it was only 4-1.

Being an ex-pitcher, today reaffirmed my disgust for the blind-bats in blue.  I really think they blew calls on good pitches by Lester.

But, no excuses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Great game for CC.

Being an ex-pitcher, today reaffirmed my disgust for the blind-bats in blue.  I really think they blew calls on good pitches by Lester.

But, no excuses.

Mornin' Amp, you could see a bit of frustration in Lester during the 3rd inning, but he held it in, i thought the strike zone seemed a little wider for the relievers on both teams...CC survived a couple of rough spots, couldn't keep Pedroia off base last night, luckily for us those hits  came in between Sox scoring opportunities...Lester is usually tough as hell against us..didn't seem to have his normal "early sharpness"...hey, i'll take it...tonight may not be easy, though he's scuffled of late, Doubrount has shown success against the Yanks as does CBuch ..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Great game for CC.

But, no excuses.

Mornin' Amp, you could see a bit of frustration in Lester during the 3rd inning, but he held it in, i thought the strike zone seemed a little wider for the relievers on both teams...CC survived a couple of rough spots, couldn't keep Pedroia off base last night, luckily for us those hits  came in between Sox scoring opportunities...Lester is usually tough as hell against us..didn't seem to have his normal "early sharpness"...hey, i'll take it...tonight may not be easy, though he's scuffled of late, Doubrount has shown success against the Yanks as does CBuch ..

CC was on top of his game last night. All you can do is tip your cap and move on. Nothing compares to yanks/sox games. Hope they both stay in contention but I don't expect the sox will. They are a couple years removed from a solid rebuilt club.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Great game for CC.

But, no excuses.

Amp they all have their own strike zones, it is absolutely inconsistent behind umps. That guy called a lot of low strikes. I could Lester frustrated with pitches he thought he should have had.

I expect some fireworks tonight with Hughes on the mound who gives up the long ball.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Ice Cream I know you're out there somewhere. From last night at YS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Great game for CC.

But, no excuses.

Amp they all have their own strike zones, it is absolutely inconsistent behind umps. That guy called a lot of low strikes. I could Lester frustrated with pitches he thought he should have had.

I expect some fireworks tonight with Hughes on the mound who gives up the long ball.

Mornin' TWM..i agree about Hughes, would be thrilled to see him pitch a great game, but if not.. i'd rather see him get knocked around from being aggressive than going to a 3-ball count on every other batter...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to LoveSox13's comment:

Hopefully no CB Buckner,  Laz Diaz , Angel Hernandez or Joe West calling balls and strikes.

Those four are the worst of the worst imo.

AGREED !

I hate Fox Sports overall.......Worst ones in the media by FAR !

you two better be careful, Joe West's publicist reads this stuff you know Tongue OutSealed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Great game for CC.

But, no excuses.

Mornin' TWM..i agree about Hughes, would be thrilled to see him pitch a great game, but if not.. i'd rather see him get knocked around from being aggressive than going to a 3-ball count on every other batter...

Morning Jetes

With the two going tonight who each have a history of inconsistency I would not wage a bet on this one.

I'm guessing a high scoring battle of the pens unless one of the two gets into a good rhythm.

I just see the Sox hitters who have seen Hughes many times waiting on his fastball even if he looks good early on.

Even when Hughes is on the 2nd to 3rd time through the order is when you usually see the moon shots.

Unless he turns it around I don't see him here next season, whether the Yankees move him this season is the question. He would do much better in a large stadium being the fly ball pitcher that he has evolved into.

Nova and Nuno in the rotation at AAA to be stretched out for possible injuries they say but I think otherwise.

Hughes is on the bubble.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LoveSox13's comment:

Hopefully no CB Buckner,  Laz Diaz , Angel Hernandez or Joe West calling balls and strikes.

Those four are the worst of the worst imo.

AGREED !

I hate Fox Sports overall.......Worst ones in the media by FAR !

You're back.

Where've you been hiding all week?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Season is always a series of ups and downs hopefully the return of Youk and Tex liven up this offense, the pitching has not been all that bad but it is difficult to win games when you can only score 1 run.

Spent the day with the chainsaw cleaning up outside, a tornado blew through here Wednesday night, 125 mph winds lots of big old trees of all kinds on my property which I love but there is a price to pay whenever we have high winds.

I was sitting in the screened in porch at the back of the house reading having an adult beverage when it blew through first it got got real dark and then it exploded the rain hit like a tidal wave horizontally right into my porch I thought the trees behind my home were going to be ripped right out of the ground I decided to go inside before I made like Dorothy. Two days w/o power but I have a natural gas Generac generator that runs off my home service which is worth it's weight in gold.

Lots of big old trees down in all the neighborhoods around my home, some pulled right out the ground by their roots.

Now I'm ready for some baseball tonight and to watch the best rivalry in all of sports, good luck pray for good umping and no punching below the belt.Laughing

"Generac"

Something in common. Have a generac model 6244 waiting for the contractor to run 70' of 1 1/4 black gas pipe , pour the concrete pad and wire the transfer box to my panel. Gas company needs to upgrade my meter from a 250 to a 425. They tell me it makes no more noise than a car at idle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

Season is always a series of ups and downs hopefully the return of Youk and Tex liven up this offense, the pitching has not been all that bad but it is difficult to win games when you can only score 1 run.

Spent the day with the chainsaw cleaning up outside, a tornado blew through here Wednesday night, 125 mph winds lots of big old trees of all kinds on my property which I love but there is a price to pay whenever we have high winds.

I was sitting in the screened in porch at the back of the house reading having an adult beverage when it blew through first it got got real dark and then it exploded the rain hit like a tidal wave horizontally right into my porch I thought the trees behind my home were going to be ripped right out of the ground I decided to go inside before I made like Dorothy. Two days w/o power but I have a natural gas Generac generator that runs off my home service which is worth it's weight in gold.

Lots of big old trees down in all the neighborhoods around my home, some pulled right out the ground by their roots.

Now I'm ready for some baseball tonight and to watch the best rivalry in all of sports, good luck pray for good umping and no punching below the belt.Laughing

"Generac"

Something in common. Have a generac model 6244 waiting for the contractor to run 70' of 1 1/4 black gas pipe , pour the concrete pad and wire the transfer box to my panel. Gas company needs to upgrade my meter from a 250 to a 425. They tell me it makes no more noise than a car at idle.

Sounds similar to what I have. It does a startup and selftest weekly for 15 mins the time and day set and determined by you I sometimes forget to listen for it and miss the weekly test because it is quiet.

Great investment.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Generators?  My word, where do you guys live to need that backup?

TWM, I thought you lived in Oregon? no?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Ice Cream I know you're out there somewhere. From last night at YS.

My word!!  there IS a God!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Great day to be a basic cable boston fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Upstate NY Amp.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Upstate NY Amp.

My buddy went to Utica College, a branch of Syracuse U.  When I'd visit we'd always visit the Utica Club brewery and have a few.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Game 2 to the Sox....big....Sox ride Napoli's GS to an 11-1 drubbing, series tied at 1 apiece..Hughes once again touched for the longball..Doubront again pitches well against the Yanks...series finale on ESPN(Frown) pits the clubs top pitchers Buchholz vs Kuroda...have a good Sunday all..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Upstate NY Amp.

My buddy went to Utica College, a branch of Syracuse U.  When I'd visit we'd always visit the Utica Club brewery and have a few.

Good spot.

There is an annual nationally sanctioned 15k road race there in July that I ran a few times years ago that used to finish at the Matt brewery (Saranac, Matt).

Some of the coldest brews I ever had.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Great game for CC.

But, no excuses.

Morning Jetes

With the two going tonight who each have a history of inconsistency I would not wage a bet on this one.

I'm guessing a high scoring battle of the pens unless one of the two gets into a good rhythm.

I just see the Sox hitters who have seen Hughes many times waiting on his fastball even if he looks good early on.

Even when Hughes is on the 2nd to 3rd time through the order is when you usually see the moon shots.

Unless he turns it around I don't see him here next season, whether the Yankees move him this season is the question. He would do much better in a large stadium being the fly ball pitcher that he has evolved into.

Nova and Nuno in the rotation at AAA to be stretched out for possible injuries they say but I think otherwise.

Hughes is on the bubble.

Jetes, I guess I called this one. Sure looked like a Phil Hughes vintage fastball Napoli deposited into the bleachers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

"Generac"

Sounds similar to what I have. It does a startup and selftest weekly for 15 mins the time and day set and determined by you I sometimes forget to listen for it and miss the weekly test because it is quiet.

Great investment.

The 6244 is new this year. Replaces the 5875 which is also a 20kw unit. I don't have the trees you have being on the shore but still lose power like everybody else. Until now I was using a small portable with min. capability. For around 10K installed it will be a great investment.