You Bootlickers just don't get it...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

You Bootlickers just don't get it...

You didn't get how weak of a manager Francona was until he was forced to admit it himself in "resigning"...

and now -

you just don't get how angry people are with Beckett for not manning up and taking the blame for being the ringleader of the Sept crash....

I told you 2 months ago this was not going away...is it? It is getting WORSE...and Beckett has only himself to blame

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: You Bootlickers just don't get it...

In Response to You Bootlickers just don't get it...:
    [QUOTE]You didn't get how weak of a manager Francona was until he was forced to admit it himself in "resigning"... and now - you just don't get how angry people are with Beckett for not manning up and taking the blame for being the ringleader of the Sept crash.... I told you 2 months ago this was not going away...is it? It is getting WORSE...and Beckett has only himself to blame
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Nope.  Not getting worse at all.  Hardly an in issue, except for certain obsessed people, and the press corps who feeds them because it is the early spring and there aint nothin else to write about.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: You Bootlickers just don't get it...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to You Bootlickers just don't get it... :   Nope.  Not getting worse at all.  Hardly an in issue, except for certain obsessed people, and the press corps who feeds them because it is the early spring and there aint nothin else to write about.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

You think they are having fun now? Space, wait until josh implodes in the fifth inning and cant lead his team to victory...what do you think they will be writing then? the questions of committment, conditioning, & mental toughness will dog him all year long....as well it should because apparently he hasnt learned anything from last yr

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Bootlickers just don't get it... : You think they are having fun now? Space, wait until josh implodes in the fifth inning and cant lead his team to victory...what do you think they will be writing then? the questions of committment, conditioning, & mental toughness will dog him all year long....as well it should because apparently he hasnt learned anything from last yr

OK, fair enough.  If Josh implodes in the fifth inning and cant lead his team to victory on a consitent basis, you are right, all those questions will dog him all year long.  But, I am a betting man G.  And a betting man knows not to get too caught up in emotional things like two sub-par starts in a horrifying month and a bit of incendiary chicken and beer.  A betting man looks at the totality of Beckett's 2011 season, and sees, in fact, he was really strong.  The way it ended was weak for him.  But he was a hoss last year.  So, my money is on him not melting down, imploding or anything like that.  My money is on him being a proper #1 again.

Now, this isn't to say that there isn't merit in the drama you are suggesting:  If Spetember comes and the Sox are in the hunt, no doubt the ghosts of 2011 will be a-swirling, most notable in the columbns of Shugnessy, Mazz, et al.  But that part will be fun.  Can he exorcise the demons or no.  Good stuff.  But, I sriously doubt he is going to be anything less than high quality over the course of the season, assuming health (which I never assume lightly).  

At the end of the day, just because he isn't giving you the pennance you desire, nay, demand (how very Catholic of you), doesn't mean he doesn't feel the need to prove himself.  That is why he showed up early ready to roll.  And, surely why he is acting like he is over 2011.  because he is.  Even if you aren't.  Looks to me like josh's eyes are on the prize.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I can't say it's getting worse, but it's certainly not going away.

Reporters keep asking about it....even asking Pap in Philly about it. Radio stations keep talking, and taking calls about it.

The biggest difference will be that many people will jump on this team early if the same problems present themselves. To put it to bed, they need to start off 10-5 or something, or it won't go away all season, and may very well turn into a HUGE distraction.

Even if the Sox are up, oh I don't know, say about 8.5 games on Sept 1st, it'll be MORE of an issue then.

Only by not repeating it can it really go away forever. Even then...I'm sure the Yanks will hear about 04 any and every time they go up 3-0 on a team for years to come.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I can't say it's getting worse, but it's certainly not going away. Reporters keep asking about it....even asking Pap in Philly about it. Radio stations keep talking, and taking calls about it. The biggest difference will be that many people will jump on this team early if the same problems present themselves. To put it to bed, they need to start off 10-5 or something, or it won't go away all season, and may very well turn into a HUGE distraction. Even if the Sox are up, oh I don't know, say about 8.5 games on Sept 1st, it'll be MORE of an issue then. Only by not repeating it can it really go away forever. Even then...I'm sure the Yanks will hear about 04 any and every time they go up 3-0 on a team for years to come.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You're right, it does have the potential to hang over the team this year.  The only way to prevent that is for the team to play hard and play good baseball.  I have a good feeling they will.

In the big picture September/11 won't ever be forgotten by Sox fans, though I don't think it will occupy the same level of notoriety as some of the other events we remember so well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]I can't say it's getting worse, but it's certainly not going away. Reporters keep asking about it....even asking Pap in Philly about it. Radio stations keep talking, and taking calls about it. The biggest difference will be that many people will jump on this team early if the same problems present themselves. To put it to bed, they need to start off 10-5 or something, or it won't go away all season, and may very well turn into a HUGE distraction. Even if the Sox are up, oh I don't know, say about 8.5 games on Sept 1st, it'll be MORE of an issue then. Only by not repeating it can it really go away forever. Even then...I'm sure the Yanks will hear about 04 any and every time they go up 3-0 on a team for years to come.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Being optimistic can be learned. You are what you think. It is a state of mind. Force yourself to look at the blue sky instead of the clouds. Nobody enjoys talking to a perpetual wet blanket.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Bootlickers just don't get it... : Being optimistic can be learned. You are what you think. It is a state of mind. Force yourself to look at the blue sky instead of the clouds. Nobody enjoys talking to a perpetual wet blanket.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

I led 4 lives giving Dr. Phil advice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't get how weak of a manager Francona was until he was forced to admit it himself in "resigning"... and now - you just don't get how angry people are with Beckett for not manning up and taking the blame for being the ringleader of the Sept crash.... I told you 2 months ago this was not going away...is it? It is getting WORSE...and Beckett has only himself to blame

I have a sneaky suspicion that even if Beckett had taken the blame for being the ringleader of the September crash and had apologized, the writers would still be writing about Beckett right now,  and the fans who are angry right now would still be angry. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Bootlickers just don't get it... : Being optimistic can be learned. You are what you think. It is a state of mind. Force yourself to look at the blue sky instead of the clouds. Nobody enjoys talking to a perpetual wet blanket.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

Optimism and hope are wonderful things!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Someone needs to step away from the computer, the sauce and the memories of the 2011 season.

Most succesful athletes have that uncanny ego resilience that causes them to move on after recent failures.

Thankfully a strikeout, an error, a basepath mistake, a mis-step in the clubhouse or a social faux pas doesn't render people useless.

Georom...you're on iggy and have been for a long time. 

No one buys your negativism. 
    The is our season. The Red Sox are back! Play ball and shut up!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Just so I understand, you're going to start a new thread everyday to state that the issue isn't going to go away.

Here's my prediction-RS fans will continue to defend him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We need 5 Becketts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]We need 5 Becketts.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

See, just as I predicted, RS fans will continue to defend Beckett.  Amazing how well I predicted that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Bootlickers just don't get it... : You think they are having fun now? Space, wait until josh implodes in the fifth inning and cant lead his team to victory...what do you think they will be writing then? the questions of committment, conditioning, & mental toughness will dog him all year long....as well it should because apparently he hasnt learned anything from last yr

The epitapth on your gravestone will say

Produced Zombie Movies
    Trolled a Red Sox Forum

Nice constructive life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Someone needs to step away from the computer, the sauce and the memories of the 2011 season. Most succesful athletes have that uncanny ego resilience that causes them to move on after recent failures. Thankfully a strikeout, an error, a basepath mistake, a mis-step in the clubhouse or a social faux pas doesn't render people useless. Georom...you're on iggy and have been for a long time.  No one buys your negativism.  The is our season. The Red Sox are back! Play ball and shut up!  
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up Western....now if you can convince the 5 other sportswriters who wrote the very same thing i did to just sing kumbaya it will all be better...

btw - Josh appreciates his bootlicking....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Player accountability is the problem. Some of those faces are still under long term contract and are distressed assets. Valentine will weed them out, which is why he was hired.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Bootlickers just don't get it... : The epitapth on your gravestone will say Produced Zombie Movies Trolled a Red Sox Forum Nice constructive life.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

And yours will read.......

Spent his last few years as a self appointed troll policeman in a baseball chat room 24/7, they had to pry his home made tinfoil badge from one hand and his mouse from the other when they found him. That's dedication........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]We need 5 Becketts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Bootlickers just don't get it... : Optimism and hope are wonderful things!
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

"Hope is a good thing, and no good thing ever dies."
    -- Andy Dufresne

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to You Bootlickers just don't get it... : Just so I understand, you're going to start a new thread everyday to state that the issue isn't going to go away. Here's my prediction-RS fans will continue to defend him.

His ego is wrapped up his anti-Beckett stance.....he doesn't have the credibility of the good posters here, so makes a lot of noise instead..."I am here, I am here, pay attention to me!"  Just like Softy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

"The patient typically finds himself impelled by some deep, inner conviction that something is true, or right, or virtuous: a conviction that doesn't seem to owe anything to evidence or reason

Supra, words of Butchers with the artifice of an endorsement from The State

Every man and his ego is here to say, "I am here, I am here, and I am fair and pay my fair share". 

Beckett typifies the MLBPA voice that has a massive contract without personal accountability for leadership and performance. His latest sunglasses media reply was a reluctant response that attempts to deflect responsiblity. 

In the end, the media did fans a favor by putting the spotlight on the cancers. Without a doubt, their behavior will most certainly change in a favorable direction.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SculEsqare. Show SculEsqare's posts

This is New England, we do it different around here and competing and winning is the only results we want, that goes for all sports, nothing more nothing less! NO EXCUSES and NO COP-OUTS. Last year highly skilled, highly priced Sox took the fans, our traditions and what’s in our hart for granted, a so what attitude will not work on our sacred ball field, now they’re going to pay the price and they deserve it so they better be ready, pressure every day all the time, this is our sports town, each one signed on the dotted line, there’re just visitors it’s our way of life and our traditions they must hold in the highest NO EXCUSES and NO COP-OUT, winning is the only thing that is acceptable!