You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball

I'm more upset that Texiera set up the triple play by somehow not managing to score from second on a drive off the center field wall.  At the pace he headed home on the triple play, the Rays might have been able to turn 4.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

This may set a new all time low for BDC. Right now the NYY much rather see Boston in playoffs than Tampa. They might rather see Boston in their current state than anybody but the Houston Astros.

All the NYY are doing is taking care of their business, eactly what the RS would have done if the positions were reversed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

"Really SPC - you don't have a better thread to start than this?"

As a baseball thought, the OP is worthless.  But as a deep, headspinning hit of pure paranoia, I think it's pretty special. 

You think weird is over.

No.  Tomorrow night will look like Hallowe'en come early, jacked up on meth and amyl nitrate.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : Maybe because they were still fighting for the best record in the AL so that they could get home field in the ALCS?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Who was challenging them a week ago? And what about the PROCTOR part? Evasive as usual.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : That is stupid. Girardi doesn't care who gets in...he is trying to get his team ready for the playoffs..getting them enough rest but at the same time not too much that they are rusty come playoff time. 
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

What a bunch of hooey!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Maybe because they were still fighting for the best record in the AL so that they could get home field in the ALCS? (SPC)

As usual, the most brilliant poster on the BDC forum is wrong again. By the time game 2 started Sunday night, the Yanks had already locked up best record in the AL.

SPC - you pretty much disappear when things are going bad for the Sox. They finally win a game when it counts and you return. You sir, are no true citizen of RSN.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : Jessey, you just keep riding that mindset.  You're wrong.  I'm one of the few brilliant minds on this forum.

Of course, we agree, Mr. Asperger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : Hey Jess ... this is so weird rooting for you guys! Though I'll confess, I did kinda  pull for NYY in the 2001 World Series for obvious reasons.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I believe that most MLB fans wanted the Yankees to win in 2001. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

this is garbage...if the Yanks truly wanted to lose the game do you think they would've put Mo in after....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : Hey Jess ... this is so weird rooting for you guys! Though I'll confess, I did kinda  pull for NYY in the 2001 World Series for obvious reasons.

I know it has been rough for you Lloyd. Hang tough my friend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball:
    [QUOTE]Let's be honest here, you know the Yankees want no part of seeing the Red Sox in the playoffs.
    No he didn't, Giradi said after the game how about a meatball sub

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

New York Yankees Career statistics vs. David Price
    BATTERABH2B3BHRRBIBBSOAVGOBPSLGOPS
    Robinson Cano287010424.250.313.321.634
    Francisco Cervelli10000000.000.000.000.000
    Brett Gardner102000031.200.385.200.585
    Greg Golson52100000.400.400.6001.000
    Curtis Granderson2850026110.179.233.393.626
    Derek Jeter3611202336.306.359.528.887
    Andruw Jones194102533.211.318.579.897
    Russell Martin103000111.300.364.300.664
    Eduardo Nunez91000210.111.200.111.311
    Ramiro Pena10000000.000.000.000.000
    Jorge Posada2111002311.048.167.095.262
    Alex Rodriguez235111447.217.333.478.812
    Nick Swisher219101264.429.556.6191.175
    Mark Teixeira317200121.226.294.290.584
    Totals24357928302948.235.322.387.709
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28958/david-price

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

BT - how do you see tonight going? Will there be games tomorrow? Al; NL or both?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

All four teams will have their best starter on the bump...

Cardinal v Astros...I'd have to say the Cardinals are the heavy favorites with Carpenter on the bump and they're playing with a ton of confidence...

Braves  v Phillies...Hudson handles the Braves pretty well 1-1 w/ 3.48 ERA in 2011...just not sure about their ability to score...this one is a pick em game.

Sox v Orioles...This one is all about Lester if he commands the ball...His struggles of late give me pause, under normal circumstances, the Sox should win this one with relative ease...He's 14-0 in 17 career starts and 7-0 in Baltimore. To suggest he's due in an understatement...

Rays v Yanks...Price has struggled with his command of late too and depending on who the yanks throw to oppose him. It's not a forgone conclusion the Yanks will simply roll over...In the end I do see the Rays prevailing becasue they have been playing well and the Ynaks simply are looking forward to a day off and getting ready for the playoffs...

So that said, I see the AL as almost 100% they'll be a playin game, the NL I'd have to place the odd as heavily in the Cardinals favor...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

RHP Dellin Betances will be first of what should be many pitchers the Yankees use tonight against the #Rays

proctor should be starting

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fan-tastic. Show Fan-tastic's posts

Oh, that is not fair. It is not entirely the Yankees fault that Boston is in this position. How dare the Orioles not lay down and weep big tears of fear at the sight of the Red Sox! It is just as galling as the other teams in the MLB having the nerve to win games against the Red Sox in September.   Undecided

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

You've always been a class act, Lloyd.  Which is why we Yankee fans see this as a possible moment of enlightenment drawing you one step closer to trying on Pinstripes!  Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball : You've always been a class act, Lloyd.  Which is why we Yankee fans see this as a possible moment of enlightenment drawing you one step closer to trying on Pinstripes! 
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please[/QUOTE]
    Nice try, you cultist!!! Prey on me in this moment of weakness!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

In Response to You know Girardi told Soriano throw a meatball:
    [QUOTE]Let's be honest here, you know the Yankees want no part of seeing the Red Sox in the playoffs.

Why would they?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]RHP Dellin Betances will be first of what should be many pitchers the Yankees use tonight against the #Rays proctor should be starting
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

I agree Proctor should be starting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Actually Soriano misunderstood! Girardi said "Whats wrong with you meatball" Not "Hey throw a meatball" This is so absurd an accusation that is funny!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey SPC - I hear Maddon cooked some meatballs as well today. Care to say the Yanks aren't trying. 7 - 0

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The OP is looking dumber by the minute; his next thread topic might be how the RS "Can turn it on a dime" and Win the WS; not impossible, of course, but commentary that is rather predictable from this self proclaimed brilliant fan.