You really think the Sox have a chance?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You really think the Sox have a chance?

First, even if the Sox have a "decent" team, there are 5 other teams that are really really good.

Second, do this exercise:  How many guys on the Sox would the yankees take over their current guys? 

For bats, I only count ONE - Ortiz.  That's it.

Yes, Pedey is great but the yankees wouldn't trade Cano for him.  Same w/ Gonzo and Tex.  Youk and ARoids.  Ellsbury and Granderson.  And the rest of the bats, well, not even worth wasting any bytes on that.

I think they'd take Bard for the pen.  And I think they'd take Lester but for the BACK END of their rotation.  Other than that, forget it.........

It hasn't been this bad in 15 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: You really think the Sox have a chance?

Hey... I wouldn't trade Pedey for Cano, ARod, Tex, AND Cgran...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Gonzalez is better than Teixeira, Cody Ross is better than all of NY outfielders right now, Pedroia and Cano are agrueably the best pure hitters on both there teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: You really think the Sox have a chance?:
    [QUOTE]Hey... I wouldn't trade Pedey for Cano, ARod, Tex, AND Cgran...
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Uhhh..let's not get carried away with this thing!  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to You really think the Sox have a chance?:
    [QUOTE]First, even if the Sox have a "decent" team, there are 5 other teams that are really really good. Second, do this exercise:  How many guys on the Sox would the yankees take over their current guys?  For bats, I only count ONE - Ortiz.  That's it. Yes, Pedey is great but the yankees wouldn't trade Cano for him.  Same w/ Gonzo and Tex.  Youk and ARoids.  Ellsbury and Granderson.  And the rest of the bats, well, not even worth wasting any bytes on that. I think they'd take Bard for the pen.  And I think they'd take Lester but for the BACK END of their rotation.  Other than that, forget it......... It hasn't been this bad in 15 years.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You are right.  Talk to you next year.  see ya.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Lucky Andrew, he can now go to the beach for the summer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Yeah, I DO think they "have a chance".  Last year I thought they were a lock to win the AL East and look what happened.  Odd things happen.  I can remember the Twins and the Giants winning in years when I thought they had no business even being in the WS. 

I agree that there are other teams in the AL East who have improved but if there's one thing we should have learned from observing baseball it's that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

This team has a lot of talent.  Some holes, yes, but who doesn't?  All this team needs to do is to 1) get healthy, and then 2) get out of their own way and let themselves win.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Just because they have no shot doesn't mean I won't be following them.

If that's the only reason why you watch, then you are just part of the "entitlement" problem..........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I DO think they "have a chance".  Last year I thought they were a lock to win the AL East and look what happened.  Odd things happen.  I can remember the Twins and the Giants winning in years when I thought they had no business even being in the WS.  I agree that there are other teams in the AL East who have improved but if there's one thing we should have learned from observing baseball it's that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. This team has a lot of talent.  Some holes, yes, but who doesn't?  All this team needs to do is to 1) get healthy, and then 2) get out of their own way and let themselves win.   
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

The Twins had Viola, Blyeven, and Reardon.  The Giants had Lincecum, Cain, and Wilson.  2 Aces and a shut down closer (plus bona fide middle relief - eg Sr Smoke and J Lopez).

We have Beckett, Lester, and Aceves.  I started a new paragraph here b/c these names do not belong anywheres near the others....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Just because they have no shot doesn't mean I won't be following them. If that's the only reason why you watch, then you are just part of the "entitlement" problem..........

This post is downright Orwellian in its double-speak displacement of your own issues.  Awesome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So you watch only because you believe they will actually win it all?  OK then..........Are you a post 2003 fan?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They are some major changes away from being OK.  Once they get to OK, then they can see what changes are needed to be good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]They are some major changes away from being OK.  Once they get to OK, then they can see what changes are needed to be good.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Even Kenny Powers would be able to make this pitching staff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

My Red Sox coffee mug is always half full...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]My Red Sox coffee mug is always half full...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  Half is fair.  90% full would be insane :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]First, even if the Sox have a "decent" team, there are 5 other teams that are really really good. Second, do this exercise:  How many guys on the Sox would the yankees take over their current guys?  For bats, I only count ONE - Ortiz.  That's it. Yes, Pedey is great but the yankees wouldn't trade Cano for him.  Same w/ Gonzo and Tex.  Youk and ARoids.  Ellsbury and Granderson.  And the rest of the bats, well, not even worth wasting any bytes on that. I think they'd take Bard for the pen.  And I think they'd take Lester but for the BACK END of their rotation.  Other than that, forget it......... It hasn't been this bad in 15 years.

Your right about Ortiz but wrong about Bard.

Hey, .. it's 15 games into the season, ..one tenth of the year.  If the FO can effect some positive change in the BP then the RS absolutely have a chance.  Of course, .. that's a big if.  Also, it wold help if the manager wasn't booed unmercifully every time he came out of the dugout.

The only thing the RS did wrong this offseason was let a weak BP get weaker.  Fix the BP, maybe leave Bard in it and get Oswalt, ... the outfielders come off the DL by early June, ... and bring up Iglesias.  If the RS are anywhere near .500 by the time they make these changes then yeah they have a chance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez is better than Teixeira, Cody Ross is better than all of NY outfielders right now, Pedroia and Cano are agrueably the best pure hitters on both there teams.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Cody Ross is better than Garnderson and Swisher, (the guy that leading the AL in rbis)?

I would love to know what you are putting in your morning coffee.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: You really think the Sox have a chance?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You really think the Sox have a chance? : Cody Ross is better than Garnderson and Swisher, (the guy that leading the AL in rbis)? I would love to know what you are putting in your morning coffee. Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE] He getting big hit after big hit right and he done most it low in the line up.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that in his day job, andrewmitch is not a motivational speaker...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE] It hasn't been this bad in 15 years.

Too bad you didn't enjoy it during those terrific 15 years.  :o)

YES, they have a chance. 

DO we cower because the other teams have developed - aside from the Yanquis, who are always just reloading - in our division?  Heck no.  We have been proud co-sponsors of "the toughest division in baseball" for a decade or more.  Now that it has gotten even tougher, do we whimper and whine and wilt away?  NOT A CHANCE!!!!!!

The AL has gotten markedly tougher over the last couple of seasons, with Texas and Detroit  throwing themselves into the fray.  LAA has made remarkable commitments to improvement.  AND the ALE has continued to get stronger.  Did you want a cake walk?  Or are you willing to hold up the banner and say, "We fought the best and won!!"?

Just because our opponents have matured and developed doesn't make the game worse for us but better. 

Tough games, tough season, better end result when we come out of the "Thrilla in Manilla" and WIN!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Sox are going nowhere. Every top team has 1-2 top of the rotation guys. Red Sox have none.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It's too soon to tell really.  The Red Sox should beat up on teams for the next month.  They play no one good.  Then they get Ells and Bailey back.  Who knows?

I certinaly wouldn't bet on the Red Sox making the playoffs this year but that doesn't mean that they wont.