Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!

11 HRs and 33 RBIs in just 169 ABs with the CWS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!

In Response to Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!:
    [QUOTE]11 HRs and 33 RBIs in just 169 ABs with the CWS.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bad memories for NYY fans.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!": [QUOTE]I thought I read somewhere that he has really cooled off since the all-star break, though. Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE] His over all BA is still only .242, so in spite of the slam, he's not exactly lighting it up. WM is better, besides the fact that he's hurt now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks!:
    [QUOTE]I thought I read somewhere that he has really cooled off since the all-star break, though.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

His BA is low since then (just over .205), but he has 8 HRs and 19 RBIs in his last 120 ABs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I get the "Middlebooks must play" (the kid was scary good before the injury) reality, but I was still surprised when they traded him, especially getting so little back...And definite PTSD for this Yankee fan when he is up at the plate...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I get the "Middlebooks must play" (the kid was scary good before the injury) reality, but I was still surprised when they traded him, especially getting so little back...And definite PTSD for this Yankee fan when he is up at the plate...
    Posted by GreenPartyCelt[/QUOTE]Did I mention the Yanks lost?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Payback for Joba hitting him last night.

Atta boy, Youk!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUK!!!!!

Well...

Someone had to do it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In a million years had the Sox known Ortiz would miss 35 games due to a freak injury, i'm sure even Ben would have held on to him. They traded him for a bag of balls. It was an ill-timed deal, but I have to admit I too wanted him gone so that Middlebrooks could simply play 3b. If Ortiz doesn't get hurt, Youks simply had no spot to play. It's 20-20, but to your credit, moon, you were very much wanting to hold on to him for insurance, and that insurance would have paid off with Youks at DH and 3B over the last 2 months.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...crystal balls and time machines.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

YAY !!! Sox only 13 out now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : His BA is low since then (just over .205), but he has 8 HRs and 19 RBIs in his last 120 ABs.

moon - Does it matter? The Red Sox have a worse record than the Mariners.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! :  YAY !!! Sox only 13 out now.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Sorry, we're going to enjoy what we can. Deal with it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In a million years had the Sox known Ortiz would miss 35 games due to a freak injury, i'm sure even Ben would have held on to him. They traded him for a bag of balls. It was an ill-timed deal, but I have to admit I too wanted him gone so that Middlebrooks could simply play 3b. If Ortiz doesn't get hurt, Youks simply had no spot to play. It's 20-20, but to your credit, moon, you were very much wanting to hold on to him for insurance, and that insurance would have paid off with Youks at DH and 3B over the last 2 months.

He was also insurance for AGon, who missed a few games right after the trade.

He was also insurance for Middlebrooks, who has missed a lot of time after the trade.

He was also indirectly insurance for the OF, if we wanted to continue playing AGon in RF a few games here and there.

I mentioned all these possibilities during the debate on trading Youk.

I did not expect all to come true. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

moon - Does it matter? The Red Sox have a worse record than the Mariners.

Some of us continue to follow baseball even after the Sox are out of it.

If nothing matters anymore, why are you here?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Since he joined the White Sox, he had four day off including three in the last fourteen games.  If that was a 162 games, he would be on the pace of taking 30 plus day offs.

Boston just have too many players that need day off due past history of injuries.  They cant afford having too many players such as Crawford, Youkilis, Papi, Ellsbury, Beckett, Dice K among others taking bunch of day offs.  

That is what happen last year when Tito keep giving players too many day offs, and they fell apart.  Now with too many injuries, and players taking day off is hurting the team again.

Forget Youkilis.  Yes he could be a perfect full time DH hitter backing up 3B and 1B.  But who do you rather have Papi or Youkilis.  Tough call right there.  But like I said it before this season started, I wish that Boston let Papi walk cuz I knew Middlebrook is ready to play at the major league level.  Well, now next year, Boston would eventually need a new DH which that could belong to Salty so he can bat DH or play C.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]interesting to see who plucks Youk from the south side dumpster, at year end.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

My money is on the Go Gos keeping him if the Reds don't try to get him.  There in no closer team to Cincy.

[QUOTE]Since he joined the White Sox, he had four day off  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

What is your native language?  I've been wanting ask for a long time -- I'm not trying to be a d0uche.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : Sorry, we're going to enjoy what we can. Deal with it.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Apparently the baseball universe has been restored. RS fans rooting and making and overly big deal for Yankee losses, since there's little else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : Apparently the baseball universe has been restored. RS fans rooting for Yankee losses, since there's little else.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

steven, RS fans root for the yankees to lose, regardless. So much so, it lead to the t-shirt, I support two teams, the Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees. The opposite, is also true. Just the way it is, has always been and will be. I'll be the first to admit, it's all about anyone but the Yankees, now

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Yes and to go along with his 245 batting ave....That might have put us over the top...........Let it goooooooooooooo DAM !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youk Hits Grand Slam vs Yanks! : steven, RS fans root for the yankees to lose, regardless. So much so, it lead to the t-shirt, I support two teams, the Red Sox and whoever beats the Yankees. The opposite, is also true. Just the way it is, has always been and will be. I'll be the first to admit, it's all about, anyone but the Yankees, now
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Parrtly incorrect; RS fans are much more into this than Yankee fans; case in point: I didn't even know about this obssession until I moved to NH in '92. It surprised me in '96 (and struck me as Yankee envy), because if my team didn't get into the WS, I rooted for my league (such as in '67, '75 & '86), partly due to NL fans always taunted me as the AL being a minor league. Now, in this day & age, with communications the way they are, this rooting against the rivals in reverse has finally trickled down to NY.

Even to this day, if an ex Yankee sunk the RS, I doubt it would have been made such a big deal by NYY fans. Knowing what I do now, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less.