Youkilis has a 1 year 12M offer from the Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Youkilis has a 1 year 12M offer from the Yankees

The Yankees' offer to Kevin Youkilis is one year at $12M, according to source.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Youkilis has a 1 year 12M offer from the Yankees

Will he take it knowing Arod will start at 3rd when he comes back in June or wait or as a former RS player will that stop him from joining the NYY?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will he take it knowing Arod will start at 3rd when he comes back in June or wait or as a former RS player will that stop him from joining the NYY?

[/QUOTE]

If Youk is smart he will take the best contract offered.

Arod after surgery may be no better than the guy we saw in October.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Youkilis is better than Napoli.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Youkilis is better than Napoli.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe on your depth chart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Watch and see.  In between gulps of koolaid, watch baseball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its probably the best offer he'll get, so if I were him id take it.

All that former red sox stuff goes out the window since he was traded mid season to the white sox.

And no way is Youk better than naps at this point in their careers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All that former red sox stuff goes out the window since he was traded mid season to the white sox.

[/QUOTE]

You may want to review the stats from last season - Youks had a better year than Napoli.  By just about any measure - Youks was better offensively than Napoli.

And then there is defense.

So funny to watch people just accept what the Sox tell you without looking at actual facts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I still think he'll end up with Cleveland.It's his home state,he'd have more playing time.he'd be at 1st base rather than 3rd,wouldn't have the pressure of playing in a big market and he'd be reunited with Francona.

I believe those are all things he'll be considering before he signs anywhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I don't think he's gonna want to shave his beard every day so I see Youk going to the Indians where he will play almost every game.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

Watch and see.  In between gulps of koolaid, watch baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Please, after reading your post's yesterday (especially the one that said Nava was a better option) I can't take anything you say seriously. Like another poster suggested "you are clueless".

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Youk is better the AROD

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You may want to review the stats from last season - Youks had a better year than Napoli.  By just about any measure - Youks was better offensively than Napoli.

And then there is defense.

So funny to watch people just accept what the Sox tell you without looking at actual facts.

[/QUOTE]

Funny how you assume I dont look at numbers. I have my opinion, and that is Id rather have Naps for 3 years than youk. Pretty simple. Youk is a lot slower defensively now and has gone down offensively for the last 3 years along with being constantly injured.

Id rather pay napoli 13M per than Youk 12M. I would be willing to bet that napoli has better production than Youk for the next 3 years..

MN .238 .316 .468  .784  HR 26

KY  .307 .411 .564  .975  HR 19

MN .320 .414 .631  1.046  HR 30

KY  .258 .373 .459  .833  HR 17

MN .227 .343 .469  .812  HR 24

KY  .235 .336 .409  .745  HR 19

Looks about even the last 3 years as far as I can see...Except Naps has better HR numbers and hes 3 years younger...

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BannedOnTheRun-1918's comment:
    [QUOTE]

will youk and Joba be roommates on the road??

[/QUOTE]

heard they were planing a hunting trip

joba's idea

[/QUOTE]

Morning Zac... Rumor has it that they were going to go try out some trampolines.

Youk's idea

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Laughable. While the Yankees are genius management, compared to the incompetent Red Sox management, this move is laughable.

I have my doubts about this offer, but Youk should sign it faster than the speed of light if it's true.

The Yankees would have been better off going with Chavez for about 5 or 6M. With Youk, you get no defensive range and a weak year long bat that will be lucky to have a decent OBP, much less OPS. With Chavez, you get a weak bat, too, but you get decent defense.  

[/QUOTE]

not to mention he will end up on the DL for sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Youk was traded by Boston.... the fans will not balme him for going to NY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Laughable. While the Yankees are genius management, compared to the incompetent Red Sox management, this move is laughable.

I have my doubts about this offer, but Youk should sign it faster than the speed of light if it's true.

The Yankees would have been better off going with Chavez for about 5 or 6M. With Youk, you get no defensive range and a weak year long bat that will be lucky to have a decent OBP, much less OPS. With Chavez, you get a weak bat, too, but you get decent defense.  

[/QUOTE]

Well.. if it was 2006... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I wouldnt boo him cuz he isnt going to make the team any better anyway.  He is just like Chavez who is an often injure proned player just like Youkilis, but Chavez can hit better at the Yankees stadium.   Youkilis will struggle with his power hitting at Yankees stadium

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ken RosenthalVerified@Ken_Rosenthal

Youkilis indeed has one-year, $12M offer from #Yankees, as reported by@BryanHoch. Also has two-year offers from others in $16M-$18M range.