Youkilis has bursitis in his hip

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Youkilis has bursitis in his hip

From ESPNBoston.com:

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Boston Red Sox third baseman Kevin Youkilis has played through discomfort in his left hip ever since he hurt it sliding in an attempt to break up a double play in Baltimore back in April. Some days have been worse than others, and he also hurt his back, which finally placed him on the disabled list last month.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/6948775/boston-red-sox-kevin-youkilis-undergoes-mri-ailing-hip

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

Re: Youkilis has bursitis in his hip

the sox medical staff is a disgrace.can't diagnose or treat anything!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Bursitis in hip,  back pains,         probably     3rd is not the best position to be playing.  Is Youk beginning to break   down ?

Drew    hurt a knuckle taking a swing  -  Hope it's not  on the hand he signs his checks with  --  $14,000,000.00 and 233  at bats     that's a bit over  6,000 an at bat.   Nice seeing that  fat    come off the books.

Bedard,  we  got him  we knew he was   still recovering  . The Mariner's   got a whole   30 starts out of him  in  4 years..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If this happened in April that explains this stats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

I agree Joe     Has not looked like himself  most of the year  and wonder if it's switch from 1st to 3rd    or something else...now we know a bit more on the something else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i bet if they did MRI's of every player in the major leagues at this point of the season they would find "injuries" on 75% of them....the season has three weeks left - take your injections and suck it up....football players must be laughing so hard at baseball players...when is the last time a Patriot sat out game time for bursitis? a sprained pinkie? knee pain?

our team is weak like its leader...where the heck is the intestinal fortitude that bootlickers say all athletes have?  apparently the ability to play through pain - serious or not, is a trait our players simply dont have.   Willis Reed anyone? Teddy Bruschi spent less time on the IR after a stroke than Drew has for being fat/not caring. Disgusting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

It  does seem  we hear more of this team complaining about trans-continental flights,  , late night games and getting to the hotel in the middle of the night.

The road trips are all on  charters,  waitng for them  with food and time to sleep,   the hotels 1st class ..

When this team went to japan  to open the season    it seemed like they were all a wreck for the next month.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

In Response to Re: Youkilis has bursitis in his hip:
    [QUOTE]i bet if they did MRI's of every player in the major leagues at this point of the season they would find "injuries" on 75% of them....the season has three weeks left - take your injections and suck it up....football players must be laughing so hard at baseball players...when is the last time a Patriot sat out game time for bursitis? a sprained pinkie? knee pain? our team is weak like its leader...where the heck is the intestinal fortitude that bootlickers say all athletes have?  apparently the ability to play through pain - serious or not, is a trait our players simply dont have.   Willis Reed anyone? Teddy Bruschi spent less time on the IR after a stroke than Drew has for being fat/not caring. Disgusting.
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Was General Patton your idol? When you take injections to mask pain you end up making the injury worse. God gave you pain for a reason and it means STOP and REST and RECOVER. Surely you are jesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youkilis has bursitis in his hip : Was General Patton your idol? When you take injections to mask pain you end up making the injury worse. God gave you pain for a reason and it means STOP and REST and RECOVER. Surely you are jesting.
    Posted by Myles-Standish[/QUOTE]

its a common practice in sports and done by people who really want to play

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youkilis has bursitis in his hip : its a common practice in sports and done by people who really want to play

Sounds to me like running your car with a bad radiator and flat tires for the last fifty miles because you really want to get home. It's a bad risk for an owner to take on a multi-million dollar investment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Remember when Jed played through pain and kept his injury secret? 

(I think he went like 1 for 20)

I wish more players would do that for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

remember when Jed was healthy and went 1-20? we need more of that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

I remember Lowrie being 25 for 68 ( .368 ) in April.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i like jed but he is made of straw...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]I agree Joe     Has not looked like himself  most of the year  and wonder if it's switch from 1st to 3rd    or something else...now we know a bit more on the something else.
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

I posted this on another thread. I really don't think it has anything to do from the switch to 3B. Youk has been on the DL the last couple of years when he was at 1B. From 2007 to 2010, he and Drew played nearly the same amount of games. For whatever reason, Youk is a bit injury prone and not as durable as you would think. He has never played 150 games in a season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youkilis has bursitis in his hip : I posted this on another thread. I really don't think it has anything to do from the switch to 3B. Youk has been on the DL the last couple of years when he was at 1B. From 2007 to 2010, he and Drew played nearly the same amount of games. For whatever reason, Youk is a bit injury prone and not as durable as you would think. He has never played 150 games in a season.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I said it all offseason, and preferred Beltre to AGon for that reason alone.

Next year, Youk should probably DH.  Maybe Middlebrooks can make a case for himself in ST...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Youkilis has bursitis in his hip : I said it all offseason, and preferred Beltre to AGon for that reason alone. Next year, Youk should probably DH.  Maybe Middlebrooks can make a case for himself in ST...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Beltre for Youk maybe, but not Beltre for A-Gon if for no other reason, you need to replace one of them with a younger player to build the future around.

Also, Beltre has been even less durable. This year, Youk has played 117 games, Beltre has played only 108. And while Beltre was more durable in his 20s, this will be the second time in three years where he'll play under 140 games. They're the same age, so it's a crpshoot on which player will break down first and you certainly don't want to depend on both of them as your corner infielders at the same time going forward.

As for next year, I want Ortiz back at DH. Sure he's getting older and you never know when a player will show his age, but that goes for Youk too. Ortiz is fifth in the league in BA, tied for 11th in dobules, tied for fifth in home runs, tied for ninth in RBIs (and might have more if he and Youk were swapped in the batting order), fourth in OBP and THIRD in OPS. I'm not ready to dump that simply because Youk and also play third occasionally.

It's hard enough to find players like that so when I let Ortiz go (if I were in charge) I want to make dam sure he has nothing left.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Every player needs to be MRId for irregularity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]i bet if they did MRI's of every player in the major leagues at this point of the season they would find "injuries" on 75% of them....the season has three weeks left - take your injections and suck it up....football players must be laughing so hard at baseball players...when is the last time a Patriot sat out game time for bursitis? a sprained pinkie? knee pain? our team is weak like its leader...where the heck is the intestinal fortitude that bootlickers say all athletes have?  apparently the ability to play through pain - serious or not, is a trait our players simply dont have.   Willis Reed anyone? Teddy Bruschi spent less time on the IR after a stroke than Drew has for being fat/not caring. Disgusting.

And yet you claim the injuries are all a sham.

What is UR projection on the RedSox making the playoffs?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The report also mentioned that Youk had a "sports hernia" which I guess could be described as a weakened intestinal fortitude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Ortiz is certainly finishing strong, making a case for being brought back. Can't deny it although I've been speculating that it might be more appropriate to let him go for the picks. If he keeps this up they almost definitely bring him back. Those are super numbers.

He may also get some tremendous offers from other teams though now. How high will we go?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m