Young Centerfielder Having MVP Season

Amazing numbers, for a CF'er:

28 Homers
    86 RBI's
    .564 slugging
    .927 OPS
    9 Triples
    21 Steals

Way above his career averages, and smart fans, few as they may be, know career averages will recapture what amounts to one hot tournament run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Young Centerfielder Having MVP Season

If this is UR idea of saving face, UR better off with a plastic surgeon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

You are the one who needs to save face. Granderson is having a career MVP season, Ellsbury is not. And one game or even one season does not make a career and a "superstar".

You are intoxicated after that cryer down the pesky pole line. Key hits were Crawford and Scutaro, .280's OPB for Crawford and all. Game was already depressurized by groupies get drunk Ellsbury hysteria.

I disdain McCarver, but his comment "more homers in one season than an entire career" seem to put it in perspective. Agon's addition is the unseen difference maker, in his own numbers and those in front of him. Ellsbury in San Diego numbers would be nice to see.

Agon is not popular in Boston, to the point of being disrespected by this silly "MVP season for Ells" nonsense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Young Centerfielder Having MVP Season:
    [QUOTE]You are the one who needs to save face. Granderson is having a career MVP season, Ellsbury is not. And one game or even one season does not make a career and a "superstar". You are intoxicated after that cryer down the pesky pole line. Key hits were Crawford and Scutaro, .280's OPB for Crawford and all. Game was already depressurized by groupies get drunk Ellsbury hysteria. I disdain McCarver, but his comment "more homers in one season than an entire career" seem to put it in perspective. Agon's addition is the unseen difference maker, in his own numbers and those in front of him. Ellsbury in San Diego numbers would be nice to see. Agon is not popular in Boston, to the point of being disrespected by this silly "MVP season for Ells" nonsense.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

You are such a fool!  The Pesky pole is 302 and the field quickly moves out to 380, which is where the home run went.  Not that it matters.  it was a huge hit at the time because it gave the Sox a cushion in case Lackey struggled, which he did.  If he didn't get the DP turned, the Yanks could have had a big inning.  For you to minimize clutch hits like that just because you don't like the guy is a "you" problem, not an Ellsbury problem.  You minimized his previous bit hits by saying he had to do it over the weekend against the Yanks and CC.  Now that he has, you say the HR was cheap.  No HR is cheap vs. CC.  You have ZERO credibility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]You are the one who needs to save face. Granderson is having a career MVP season, Ellsbury is not. And one game or even one season does not make a career and a "superstar". You are intoxicated after that cryer down the pesky pole line. Key hits were Crawford and Scutaro, .280's OPB for Crawford and all. Game was already depressurized by groupies get drunk Ellsbury hysteria. I disdain McCarver, but his comment "more homers in one season than an entire career" seem to put it in perspective. Agon's addition is the unseen difference maker, in his own numbers and those in front of him. Ellsbury in San Diego numbers would be nice to see. Agon is not popular in Boston, to the point of being disrespected by this silly "MVP season for Ells" nonsense.

Obsess much Softie?  Give it up man, it may appear Ells may be playing over his head and yup, may be having a career season.  But guess what - maybe it's the "start" of something and not a statistical "wierd" year like the one Brady Anderson had back in the day.  Besides, even if Ells doesn't reach these numbers again, but attains about 2/3rd's of them - he'd still be better than any other option for us in CF.  So why don't you try to save what little credibility you have on this board and select another "windmill" to tilt at.  Because the Ellsbury windmill is kicking your you-know-what.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Any suggestions that Ellsbury's homer yesterday was a cheap one are absurd.  Teixeira's blast off Bard was even 'closer to the Pesky pole' and not cheap either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Granderson is having a career year as well and so is Adrian if you base it solely on a year where the player is playing above his averages and any other year in his career.
    Ells has 3 complete years and 2 incomplete
    Ells career ave is 298 and he is only 23 points over that.
    The issue is power and will he keep that up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

ellsbury is doing this damage in the leadoff spot, wich is why his numbers are so impressive and why he is mentioned in the mvp race, lets not forget his ability to swipe bases, look at his avg/hr/r/rbi/sb/ops etc batting leadoff. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

Softy neglects to mention that Granderson hits in that bandbox right field with the wind tunnel effect called Yankee Stadium....Most of Jake's bombs have been into the bullpen or over it.....Let's face it, Softy is a Yankee fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

You minimized his previous bit hits by saying he had to do it over the weekend against the Yanks and CC

I never said anything of the kind. I don't make comments about what a player "must do over a weekend".

Paranoid, you are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Well now I know the clown is a yankee fan..Posting a discussion on how well the yankee CF is doing as apposed to the Sox CF? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

sorry but numbers dont lie.....granderson cant touch the season ellsbury is putting together. suck it

Put down your crack pipe and suck on this:

28 Homers
    86 RBI's
    .564 slugging
    .927 OPS
    9 Triples
    21 Steals

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

[QUOTE]sorry but numbers dont lie.....granderson cant touch the season ellsbury is putting together. suck it Put down your crack pipe and suck on this: 28 Homers 86 RBI's .564 slugging .927 OPS 9 Triples 21 Steals

aww did i hurt your poor little feelings, sorry softwoman, cant run from those numbers can you!!!! hahahaha ellsbury mvp!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

No, you can't run from those numbers. Bias and bigotry is bad character. Granderson is a first class guy, like Jeter. I disdain the Yankee way, but not all of the players. Granderson is the class in AL CF, by far.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

lets not forget about grandys 3 errors in center field to ellsburys 0. god i love schooling softwoman

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Granderson is having a career year as well and so is Adrian if you base it solely on a year where the player is playing above his averages and any other year in his career. Ells has 3 complete years and 2 incomplete Ells career ave is 298 and he is only 23 points over that. The issue is power and will he keep that up.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Hey Jim,
    Ellsbury's career path is following the same arc as Damon's. Prototypical leadoff hitters with speed that used the whole field with an inside out stroke trying to hit the inside of the ball and go the other way both after breaking in struggled to turn on the ball on the inner half and pitchers pounded them in on thier hands, challenged them in the strike zone, both made the adjustment, learned to turn on the ball on the inner half and drive it to right. Thus the spike in both thier power and OBP numbers starting in years 3-5...Ellsbury's not going to be a 40 homer guy, but he can and will be a consistent 15-20 homer guy from here on, he's always had very good bat speed, which is where his power comes from and it's not likely to go away anytime soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Errors reflect aggressive v. passive. Granderson plays shallow, Ellsbury plays middle aged softball league deep. Kind of like Vlads "single" in game 3 of 2009 ALDS.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Well now I know the clown is a yankee fan..Posting a discussion on how well the yankee CF is doing as apposed to the Sox CF? 
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

He's simply playing devil's advocate. Silly as it may be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Devils advocate isn't needed for Granderson numbers. He was AS and top AL CF'er 2011 season based on numbers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]sorry but numbers dont lie.....granderson cant touch the season ellsbury is putting together. suck it Put down your crack pipe and suck on this: 28 Homers 86 RBI's .564 slugging .927 OPS 9 Triples 21 Steals

compare him to a leadoff hitter...CLOWN!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In the 11 head-to-head matchups between the Red Sox and Yankees this year Ellsbury has been far superior.

Ellsbury .381 7 extra-base hits 13 RBI
    Granderson .233 4 extra-base hits 8 RBI

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Compare him to a CF'er, clown!

Best for a season isn't based upon "head to head".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Young Centerfielder Having MVP Season : He's simply playing devil's advocate. Silly as it may be.
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Thanks Beantowne..I know what softflaw is doing..I just woke up with a little tude this AM and wanted to have a little fun..that person couldnt get under my skin, even with all his annoying qualities..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I know what you doing, Southpaw. And it's what leads to "MVP/Superstar/greatness" nonsense talk.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Compare him to a CF'er, clown! Best for a season isn't based upon "head to head".

aww..you yelling at me? u already did compare him to a CF..clown..I just asked you to compare him to all the leadoff hitters now..I d like to see how he compared that way..To hard for u to understand?