Yu Darvish

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthat. Show kimsaysthat's posts

Re: Yu Darvish

This is a red sox board.  You are not permitted to post here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Listen the guy obviously doesn't have a life to be posting as a Yankees fan on Boston.com  -- let him be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yu Darvish:
    [QUOTE]This is a red sox board.  You are not permitted to post here.
    Posted by kimsaysthat[/QUOTE]  instead of taking the juvenile route mocking Kim's screenname and her avatar, how about you add something of substance...knock off the 3rd grade antics and grow up...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

In Response to Yu Darvish:
    [QUOTE]Next year our rotation is going to be extremely shoddy at best. Yankees management has changed their approach and will no longer rush pitchers before they are ready meaning that Banuelos & Betances are still another year away from cracking the rotation. I expect CC to opt out and the Yankees to resign him to a long-term deal. Burnett still has one year left on his contract and I don't see anyone taking him due to his poor performance and big salary. Nova has pitched himself into a rotation spot next year. I haven't seen anything from Hughes that would make the front office excited to pencil him in the rotation. I think his future is in the bullpen, but I hope he can become an effective starting pitcher. Garcia and Colon are pretty old, but I expect the Yankees to re-sign Colon and let Garcia walk if Hughes is indeed moved to the 'pen. I have no rumors or information that would further this point, but I think based on performance, Colon is the better guy for next year.  My projections: 1 CC 2/3/4 (no order)- AJ, Nova, Colon What do you say about going after Yu Darvish?
    Posted by Yankenstein2[/QUOTE] the yanks gonna have lots of competition for darvish and none of the other bidders have a $200 million payroll to worry about

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Yu might be someone the Red Sox get interested in, but there is a giant red flag there and it isn't necessarily whether Darvish can pitch in Boston or not.  We just went through a Japanese problem with Matsuzaka, a problem brought on my his training methods and the team's reluctance to let him follow it.  Who was a fault I cannot say, but I can say without equivication that they were butting head from the time he hit Fort Myers in ST in 2007.  We won it all that year but from the third year (2009) on there was a constant tug of war between Dice K. and the Red Sox.  If the team suddenly gets interested in him they had better be ready to accede to the pitcher's wishes as to training methods or there will be trouble galore.  I don't think Yu will concede to the Red Sox since his methods have seemed to work for him up to now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]Yu might be someone the Red Sox get interested in, but there is a giant red flag there and it isn't necessarily whether Darvish can pitch in Boston or not.  We just went through a Japanese problem with Matsuzaka, a problem brought on my his training methods and the team's reluctance to let him follow it.  Who was a fault I cannot say, but I can say without equivication that they were butting head from the time he hit Fort Myers in ST in 2007.  We won it all that year but from the third year (2009) on there was a constant tug of war between Dice K. and the Red Sox.  If the team suddenly gets interested in him they had better be ready to accede to the pitcher's wishes as to training methods or there will be trouble galore.  I don't think Yu will concede to the Red Sox since his methods have seemed to work for him up to now.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

What a shame that the multimillion dollar Red Sox Corporation does not have you on their staff. Have you sent in a resume?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : What a shame that the multimillion dollar Red Sox Corporation does not have you on their staff. Have you sent in a resume?
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Pity they didn't, cuz he's right on this one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Why doesn't Seabeachfred grace our forum in good times. Did anyone ever notice him here during May, June, July of this year? Is there a reason why he only appears during a full moon and miserable days for the Red Sox?

Why does Harness welcome such a fair weather fan with open arms. Could it be related to livening up the Harness forum when BDC traffic is slow? Harness: Any port in a storm, just keep me entertained at 3 am in Seattle since I am a lonely old man who loves Youtube videos.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Sbathia has the Yankeees over a barrell because their rotation is bad and questionable after him. Also enough with Japanese pitchers who have never pitched in the Major Leagues before. I saw enough of Dioce K and his supposed Giro Ball to last a lifetime. He was overhyped and it cost 100 million. Would rather the Sox spend money on Sabathia and go the extra money instead of paying postinge fees.

In Response to Yu Darvish:
    [QUOTE]Next year our rotation is going to be extremely shoddy at best. Yankees management has changed their approach and will no longer rush pitchers before they are ready meaning that Banuelos & Betances are still another year away from cracking the rotation. I expect CC to opt out and the Yankees to resign him to a long-term deal. Burnett still has one year left on his contract and I don't see anyone taking him due to his poor performance and big salary. Nova has pitched himself into a rotation spot next year. I haven't seen anything from Hughes that would make the front office excited to pencil him in the rotation. I think his future is in the bullpen, but I hope he can become an effective starting pitcher. Garcia and Colon are pretty old, but I expect the Yankees to re-sign Colon and let Garcia walk if Hughes is indeed moved to the 'pen. I have no rumors or information that would further this point, but I think based on performance, Colon is the better guy for next year.  My projections: 1 CC 2/3/4 (no order)- AJ, Nova, Colon What do you say about going after Yu Darvish?
    Posted by Yankenstein2[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Why doesn't Seabeachfred grace our forum in good times. Did anyone ever notice him here during May, June, July of this year? Is there a reason why he only appears during a full moon and miserable days for the Red Sox?   Why does Harness welcome such a fair weather fan with open arms. Could it be related to livening up the Harness forum when BDC traffic is slow? Harness: Any port in a storm, just keep me entertained at 3 am in Seattle since I am a lonely old man who loves Youtube videos.

You must be to continue this ludicrous practice.
    I've had previous issues with Fred, but that doesn't deter me from acknowledging a truthful post.

Guess some of us can't handle the truth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

But you do concurr that overall that Fred is trolling?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

I'm not trolling Beacon.  If you look at my on line profile I have been on this board since early 2005 and I don't call that trolling.  I just happen to be one of those posters who left with a bunch of others in the summer of 2008 when we didn't like the reconfiguring of this board, since improved.  I come on periodically, and it is not whether I'm a troll or not that matters, it is what I posted about Yu Darvish.  If you disagree with it tell me why.  If not, then either give credit where credit is due or just butt out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : Pity they didn't, cuz he's right on this one.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, since you're posting in this thread with someone mocking my screenname and avatar, why haven't you said anything about it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish :   instead of taking the juvenile route mocking Kim's screenname and her avatar, how about you add something of substance...knock off the 3rd grade antics and grow up...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Jete. You're a true gentleman.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : Just out of curiosity, since you're posting in this thread with someone mocking my screenname and avatar, why haven't you said anything about it?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I missed it. The exacting avatar threw me off. Then Jete perceptively caught it.
    No need to repeat what Jete said. I couldn't have said it any better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Why doesn't Seabeachfred grace our forum in good times. Did anyone ever notice him here during May, June, July of this year? Is there a reason why he only appears during a full moon and miserable days for the Red Sox?   Why does Harness welcome such a fair weather fan with open arms. Could it be related to livening up the Harness forum when BDC traffic is slow? Harness: Any port in a storm, just keep me entertained at 3 am in Seattle since I am a lonely old man who loves Youtube videos.

once again I pose the idea that perhaps the poster in question has 19 other alias and is on the forum regularly, sound familiar?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : I missed it. The exacting avatar threw me off. Then Jete perceptively caught it. No need to repeat what Jete said. I couldn't have said it any better.

Why is it still there? You just said in another thread the mods were looking at a poster closely. If they're looking so closely, my guess would be it's been brought to their attention. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : Why is it still there? You just said in another thread the mods were looking at a poster closely. If they're looking so closely, my guess would be it's been brought to their attention. 

Probably because they missed it for the same reason I did. They watch those who were banned more closely. Also, I'm guessing they only have so many hours to over-see this place. Crack-pots can temporarily avoid the mods by posting after hours.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : Probably because they missed it for the same reason I did. They watch those who were banned more closely. Also, I'm guessing they only have so many hours to over-see this place. Crack-pots can temporarily avoid the mods by posting after hours.

So, you didn't report it when you saw it? FTR, the post was made at 6:00PM. Somehow, I believe, if it was a mocking post of Steven's name and avatar it wouldn't have lasted that long.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : So, you didn't report it when you saw it? FTR, the post was made at 6:00PM. Somehow, I believe, if it was a mocking post of Steven's name and avatar it wouldn't have lasted that long.

The one who should report it is the one who is being victimized.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : The one who should report it is the one who is being victimized.

Wow. OK. Good to know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yu Darvish : So, you didn't report it when you saw it? FTR, the post was made at 6:00PM. Somehow, I believe, if it was a mocking post of Steven's name and avatar it wouldn't have lasted that long.

Hey, leave me out of this! JK