AC-Hingham
    St MAry's Fontbonne
    WHP-Franklin
    Wellsley-Dedham
    Any others??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justhavefun. Show justhavefun's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]
    Circle this date on your calendar. February 16th at Connery Arena. AB vs. St. Mary's. There are also a couple of other dates 12/30 vs. AC, 1/7 and 2/4 both against newcomer to the DCL Arlington. Can't wait

Arlington was in the DCL two years ago. As was Andover. Anyone know why the switch back and forth. Too bad for AB. After all the years of bls dominance, it looked like AB would be a shoe in for the title this year. Arlington is going to give them a run for their money. The competition is good for the league though. Should be fun games to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justhavefun. Show justhavefun's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

Circle this date on your calendar. February 16th at Connery Arena. AB vs. St. Mary's. There are also a couple of other dates 12/30 vs. AC, 1/7 and 2/4 both against newcomer to the DCL Arlington. Can't wait.

[/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey88. Show hockey88's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

The way I see it, AC will come out on top this Saturday. Yes, they did lose a few good players but they've also added a few taleted freshmen to the line up. AC 5 - 2 over Hingham.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyclaus. Show hockeyclaus's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]45 was an educated guess based on the reports of 50 saves by Shibbon Elvin on Sunday. I trust by your comments that you were at the game last night. I do not know who counted shots last night, but if you are saying AC only got 30 shots and NDA had 21, what did your eyes tell you, you will agree that those totals are both wrong. As for the game vs HHS it will be an uphill battle for the Cougars, I think offensively they are fine, defense needs to play better as well as the goaltending. They have to move the puck better. They have let in 3 goals this year and all were of the soft variety. But I agree Saturday night is definitely an uphill battle. I would expect a 4-2 or 5-2 game. Hope I am wrong, but that is what I think.[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyclaus. Show hockeyclaus's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]45 was an educated guess based on the reports of 50 saves by Shibbon Elvin on Sunday. I trust by your comments that you were at the game last night. I do not know who counted shots last night, but if you are saying AC only got 30 shots and NDA had 21, what did your eyes tell you, you will agree that those totals are both wrong. As for the game vs HHS it will be an uphill battle for the Cougars, I think offensively they are fine, defense needs to play better as well as the goaltending. They have to move the puck better. They have let in 3 goals this year and all were of the soft variety. But I agree Saturday night is definitely an uphill battle. I would expect a 4-2 or 5-2 game. Hope I am wrong, but that is what I think.[/Quote]

Actually I counted the shots, and I did report incorrectly the shots were 31-20 AC over NDA, and not 30-21. A shot in hockey is defined as such. A shot that would have gone in had the goaltender not stopped the puck. If a goaltender touches a puck that would have gone 3 feet wide is not a shot. A shot that is redirected over the net is not a shot, a shot that hits the glass five feet wide of the net isn't a shot. A dump in from the red line isn't a shot. I think that AC is going to have a tough time with Hingham on Saturday. In five years of seeing AC I think this team (while still a good team) is their weakest.
    HC

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Arlington wad andover we not in the DCL two years ago. Maybe a few mroe years back but not since I'vce been involved with AB hockey. My daughter is a junior and they were not involved when she was a freshman. Maybe on the boys side? Either way, it doesnt matter, BLS will not win the league this year. It should come down to AB and Arlington.[Quote][Quote]

Circle this date on your calendar. February 16th at Connery Arena. AB vs. St. Mary's. There are also a couple of other dates 12/30 vs. AC, 1/7 and 2/4 both against newcomer to the DCL Arlington. Can't wait

Arlington was in the DCL two years ago. As was Andover. Anyone know why the switch back and forth. Too bad for AB. After all the years of bls dominance, it looked like AB would be a shoe in for the title this year. Arlington is going to give them a run for their money. The competition is good for the league though. Should be fun games to watch.
    [/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey88. Show hockey88's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

hockeyclaus, hold that thought and we'll see if you change your opinion of AC come Sunday morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from justhavefun. Show justhavefun's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Arlington wad andover we not in the DCL two years ago. Maybe a few mroe years back but not since I'vce been involved with AB hockey. My daughter is a junior and they were not involved when she was a freshman. Maybe on the boys side? Either way, it doesnt matter, BLS will not win the league this year. It should come down to AB and Arlington.[Quote][Quote]

[/Quote][/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from justhavefun. Show justhavefun's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote][Quote]Arlington wad andover we not in the DCL two years ago. Maybe a few mroe years back but not since I'vce been involved with AB hockey. My daughter is a junior and they were not involved when she was a freshman. Maybe on the boys side? Either way, it doesnt matter, BLS will not win the league this year. It should come down to AB and Arlington.[Quote][Quote]

Arlington was in the DCL two years ago. As was Andover. Anyone know why the switch back and forth. Too bad for AB. After all the years of bls dominance, it looked like AB would be a shoe in for the title this year. Arlington is going to give them a run for their money. The competition is good for the league though. Should be fun games to watch

Not that it matters, but if your daughter is a junior then she has only played for two years. The two years that Arlington and Andover were not in the DCl so it has been a total of just two years. My daughter is in her 6th year so I know when we played Arlington and Andover. My question was does anyone know why they change back and forth.
    No Latin will not be the dcl champs this year, but neither will AB. It will be Arlington

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]not to be a wise guy (OK maybe a little), but how can any winless team be in the top 5...??[/Quote]Look at it this way If you are ranked, lets say 5th, and are 0-2 but lost to #1 and #2 why not. If you are ranked 5th you are not suppose to beat 1 and 2. It never works that way. If HHS loses to AC on Saturday then you may be on target, but I think they will beat AC rather easily.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Garmin. Show Garmin's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

Where has Downtown gone---With Hingham's start one thought Downtown would be checking in to let everyone know what is going on. Comeon forget all you troubles and come back DownTown

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

I would say the latin goalie saw more than 5o shots last week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from corrosive. Show corrosive's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

as previously stated I attended this game and I do not have a child involved. The latin Goalie was outstanding. Score could have been in double digits without her effort. I've seen her play several times and she is one of the better ones in HS. Credit where credit is due

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote][Quote]
    One team to watch this season is Fontbonne. St Mary's and Hingham will be very tough, but Fontbonne will give many teams outright fits.[/Quote]

Good assesment, Fontbonne Academy is always tough to play against with their smothering style defense. How many players did they lose to graduation/defections? They improved greatly as the season went on last year.
    [/Quote]

Fontbonne lost 3 senior forwards then 2 strong D(boarding school).. still they look to surprise people this year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2541588874561532416384. Show 2541588874561532416384's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

I'm really looking forward to seeing tomorrows SMH V. Fontbonne game. should be interesting to see how the SMH defense deals with out their captain Smith, who is out due to a concussion suffered during the Higham high game. i think that game should be close, and im kinda hoping that it is. im almost tired of watching SMH beat teams by 10 goals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]To AB girls fan, Does AB have their 'whole team" or are two of your players playing just for the Shamrocks?[/Quote].

We have two that defected to the Shamrocks, but have filled those two spots very nicely as evidenced by the first two games. Starting 8th grader and freshman each have points in each of the first two games. We are going to be just fine. Ahould have a decent test tonoght against Waltham.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]To AB girls fan, Does AB have their 'whole team" or are two of your players playing just for the Shamrocks?[/Quote]

What exactly does that mean "our whole team?" Those two left for whatever reason and cannot play for the HS team this year and possibly next year. As I previously stated in an earlier post setting the record straight. We are going to be fine without them and will consistantly be ranked in the top 6-8 every week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylehockey. Show kylehockey's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]?? my spy says SMH is doing the same thing.......with the 8th and 9th graders ??? say it aint so !!![/Quote]

play the young ones early in the year so they become 9th graders or sophomores by the end. A losss early in the year doesn't mean as much as a loss at the end of the year. Sounds like Saint Mary's have enough games they know they are going to win and they can get some great experience for the young girls. Bottom line is if the girls are good enough, regardless of age, play them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hardwater04. Show Hardwater04's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

where is ice lord

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Garmin. Show Garmin's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]?? my spy says SMH is doing the same thing.......with the 8th and 9th graders ??? say it aint so !!![/Quote]Unlike AB SMH did not have to get a waiver to play 8th graders, they are actually in the school. AB had to go out and get them, IMHO that is simply wrong, they had enough players just wanted better onrs. This is for High School Kids, This sport is headed in the wrong way. You have a coop team on the North Shore that keeps adding schools every year until they get enough "Good Players" you have schools like AB wanting to add 8th graders because the are better than some 9th or 10th graders, what direction is this sport headed in?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Change-Up. Show Change-Up's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote] Anyone got the shot total I want to see how close i was. WE'RE BACK BABY!!!! I'm upping Hingham's win total to 18 games.[/Quote]Saw you in the corner last night biting those fingernails!! Upping the total to 18 wins, you only have 3 tough games left (SMH, Fontbonne and Wakefield) All at home in that tiny little rink? Look I hope you do nothing like a high seed going out in the first round of the tournament, oh yeah BTW you said were back, what number are you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey88. Show hockey88's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]Time to set the record straight. I did predict a 5-2 Hingham win and yes it was done exactly the way I thought it would. Do not let the final score fool you. It was an absolutely a fantastic game by both teams. It was an extremely fast paced game, and I do think the size of the rink has something to do with that. Yes the HHS got 3 goals in the last 6:22 of the game 2 on break-aways in on a goalie making her second start of her career.

kmkhockey :You seemed to leave out the part when most of the second period when AC absolutely dominated the game. Why can't you say it was a good game by 2 good teams and HHS came out on top this team. If anything this game gives ACHS a good sign for the future and the rest of the season. AC played 3 lines most of the night including 6 freshmen.

LARRY1990: I am pretty sure than AC put alot more than 10 shots on goal, when making predictions, welll i'll stop there.

Paycheck: What flue are you talking about??? That is news to the girls on the team, everyone was at practice all week, and all prectices were held. No excuses. AC simply got beat in the last 6 minutes by a very good team. AC has never given excuses before and will not begin to do so at this time.

I am sure AC would like another shot at HHS later in the year, some times these things workout. There is always tourney time. The way I saw they bottom line of the game HHS got the goaltending and ACHS did not last night. Again No excuses HHS played very strong at the end of the game and ACHS did not finish.
    [/Quote]

This was a great game, defensive turn overs cost AC the game. Both teams played well with Hingham simply wanting it more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

SM is doing because of graduation, not because two girls left. Think about if your two best girls go to the Shamrocks. Your 2nd line now may become your 1st line , and girls that didn't see a lot of action are now getting regular shifts, It has to hurt the team somewhere or sometime during the season. Having said what I did, I understand and except that Life moves on and you play the game, and what ever happens,happens ( you know that whole sun will come up tomorrow thing )

I'm rooting for the younger girls, the other girls left, BYE BYE[/Quote]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from abgirlsfan. Show abgirlsfan's posts

2008-2009 Girls Hockey

[Quote]

SM is doing because of graduation, not because two girls left. Think about if your two best girls go to the Shamrocks. Your 2nd line now may become your 1st line , and girls that didn't see a lot of action are now getting regular shifts, It has to hurt the team somewhere or sometime during the season. Having said what I did, I understand and except that Life moves on and you play the game, and what ever happens,happens ( you know that whole sun will come up tomorrow thing )

I'm rooting for the younger girls, the other girls left, BYE BYE[/Quote]

I completely agree, the others girls left, BYE BYE. I'm not sure where you are getting your info but the two that left are NOT the best two on the team. As I said. I don't know where you are getting that info from. My sources tell me that these two do not really belong on the Shamrocks team either. Enough sadi about that. I'm not going to trash any 16 year olds here.