1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwillf. Show mwillf's posts

A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME?!?!????????!!!!!!!!!

The Pittsburgh game today, may be a harbinger of things to come. Great pitching, miniscule run support and -- oops -- an error late in the game costs the Sox a win. There could be a lot of losses like this in the season.

True, it is spring training, true, guys are learning, true alot of rookies/AAA players out there. But I am afraid that this team has a significant lack of potential run production making any great work by the pitching staff turn into a great effort for nothing. With a two run lead it does not take much to screw things up. Pittsburgh took advantage today. They don't count now, but soon enough they will.

Interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

how many guys that will be on the mlb roster were in the game in the 9th inning?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

It is february!!!!!!!!!! chill the F out PINK HAT!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from keepmanny7. Show keepmanny7's posts

thats what i thought

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

HEY GANG , CALM DOWN HERE !! 2ND DAY OF MEANINGLESS GAMES...... UNLESS NANCY PELOSI IS THE MANAGER, BARNEY COACHING 3RD, TED BEHIND THE BAR, AND JOHN "SWIFTBOAT" HIENZ ON TH HOT DOGS, THEN WE HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT !!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

R.E.L.A.X.....

It's February 26th, not April 6th.

And last I checked, that 35/120 guy don't play baseball for anyone. Bay will get back 30/100 of that easily. Also, believe in this RP pitching staff folks... it will make a major difference over last years bullpen. Theo has made up for potential lack of offense with superior defense(pitching).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

This is a joke, right? Last year in spring training, Boston went 8 and 13:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings/spring?type=loc&year=2008

In 2007 they were 15 and 12.

Two losses in Spring training don't mean anything. Besides, if you think there are problems with the Sox, wouldn't you rather find out about them in ST than in the ALCS? The more the Sox reveal their flaws now, the more the FO can do to fix them as the season goes on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tsawyer8. Show tsawyer8's posts

[Quote]Excuses excuses excuses...[/Quote]

You forgot to include "lol", because if you're serious you're an idiot. Wait a sec.... I'm talking to Law. Duh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

What was the World Series champion's record in Spring Training last year? What about when the Sox won it all? Don't know? Don't care.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

It isn't even March. The hitters were tracking pitches until a couple days ago. Why get yourselves into a tizzy? Its totally pointless. Hitters are always behind. If they are cracking this early, its usually because the opposing pitcher is working on a new pitch, delivery, whatever. ITS SPRING TRAINING. Relax. Even if the offense is not what it was with Manny As-Gas-Goes Ramirez, do you really think a game on February 26 means anything? Look, its all a guessing game here, a chance for us all to espouse our theories and prognosticate positively or negatively. But seriously, if you see todays game as an indicator of the season to come ... man ... you are either crazy or stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The sky is falling!! The sky is falling !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Diaz and Lentz aren't looking too good....big trouble for the Red Sox World Series hopes!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirby1fl. Show kirby1fl's posts

""maybe"" Bay, Youk, and Lowell would have made a difference?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollspray. Show trollspray's posts

www.trollhunters.org/files/trolls/troll-01.jpg" alt="" />

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

sox didn't lose a 35/120 player so I'm not concerned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

It is a sign of things the come with the two days of shut out innings our key starters and bullpen guys have put up haha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[Quote]
    Why? Ortiz told you why...have 35 and 120 quit the heart of the Sox batting order and you're hurting. "I still don't know why he quit, but that's what quitters do. He have to live with embarrassing himself. He still unemployed. No one wants to be around a quitter. My young son angry with him. He even under stand black eye for game. He only 4 & have more character than Manny."
    [/Quote]

I fixed it for you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Manny hadn't had that many rbi for the sox since 2005. since 2005 he was more like a 30/105 hitter which is pretty much what bay is now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[Quote]July 2009: Theo Chicks...

Aww, don't worry, the sky isn't falling...give it time...

*yawn*[/Quote]

I don't mind being called silly names like Theo Chick, in fact, it makes me feel a little sexy. And, I also don't mind this future quote being attributed to myself and my ilk. It is exactly the point. We have arguably the best rotation in baseball, a great bullpen, and, even without Manny, one of the best offenses. Will we win a championship? Dunno. But we will compete. So, no, the sky is certainly not falling. Baseball season is a long hard slog in which no team skates through with dominance. All you are doing with your negativity is trying to gird yourself against heartbreak. And thats fine. Sort of defeatist and tired, but fine. For my Theo chick money, I'll take excitement about who we have over whining about who we don't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Very well said Spaceman!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[Quote]

I don't mind being called silly names like Theo Chick, in fact, it makes me feel a little sexy. And, I also don't mind this future quote being attributed to myself and my ilk. It is exactly the point. We have arguably the best rotation in baseball, a great bullpen, and, even without Manny, one of the best offenses. Will we win a championship? Dunno. But we will compete. So, no, the sky is certainly not falling. Baseball season is a long hard slog in which no team skates through with dominance. All you are doing with your negativity is trying to gird yourself against heartbreak. And thats fine. Sort of defeatist and tired, but fine. For my Theo chick money, I'll take excitement about who we have over whining about who we don't.[/Quote]

Spaceman, your second to last sentence sounded a bit like Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club. "Demented and sad, but social". Are you dating yourself, or am I?!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[Quote]

I don't mind being called silly names like Theo Chick, in fact, it makes me feel a little sexy. And, I also don't mind this future quote being attributed to myself and my ilk. It is exactly the point. We have arguably the best rotation in baseball, a great bullpen, and, even without Manny, one of the best offenses. Will we win a championship? Dunno. But we will compete. So, no, the sky is certainly not falling. Baseball season is a long hard slog in which no team skates through with dominance. All you are doing with your negativity is trying to gird yourself against heartbreak. And thats fine. Sort of defeatist and tired, but fine. For my Theo chick money, I'll take excitement about who we have over whining about who we don't.[/Quote] WELL SAID SPACEMAN ( A K A BILL LEE ) !!!! REMINDS ME OF MY LITTLE LEAGUE DAYS...... BY THE TIME WE GOT TO THE 12TH GAME OR SO IT FELT LIKE WE HAD BEEN PLAYING FOR 5 MONTHS... BUT, I REMEMBER THE ICE CREAM WAS GREAT !!!! THANKS FOR BRINGING SOME CALM TO RED SOX NATION !!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[Quote]

Spaceman, your second to last sentence sounded a bit like Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club. "Demented and sad, but social". Are you dating yourself, or am I?![/Quote]

What ever happened to Judd?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[Quote] HEY GANG , CALM DOWN HERE !! 2ND DAY OF MEANINGLESS GAMES...... UNLESS NANCY PELOSI IS THE MANAGER, BARNEY COACHING 3RD, TED BEHIND THE BAR, AND JOHN "SWIFTBOAT" HIENZ ON TH HOT DOGS, THEN WE HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT !!!!![/Quote]

Good one! You crack me up!