1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

And for good reason, this guy has issues

PETA has withdrawn an offer to televise an anti-dogfighting public service announcement with Michael Vick after his release from prison.

The organization said Wednesday that an agreement was reached with Vick's representatives to shoot the spot, but that Vick's attorneys sought assurance from PETA the group would support Vick's return to the NFL.

"Saying sorry and getting his ball back after being caught enjoying killing dogs in hideously cruel ways for many years doesn't cut it," said PETA president Ingrid E. Newkirk. "Commissioner Goodell knows that he has an obligation to the league and to millions of fans, including children who look up to ballplayers as idols, to make sure that Michael Vick is mentally capable of remorse before he can touch, let alone wear, an NFL uniform again."

PETA is urging that Vick undergo a brain scan and a full psychiatric evaluation.

I dont even think Vick should be allowed the privlidge of playing in teh NFL ever again he should have a life time ban from the sport.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I concur. Count on the talking heads at ESPN discussing the terms of his reinstatement and which teams are likely candidates to sign him. Killing dogs in a disgusting way should warrant a lifetime ban. It's worse than Pete Rose's gambling on baseball and we all know how that turned out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

I have a few pets who are very special to me and I would harm you if you harmed them. Having said that HUMAN RIGHTS means a hell of a lot more to me my family my children and my children's children. I would want everyone I know and love get a second chance in most cases. People are more concerned with animal cruelty then human. Our laws are in place and he paid his price. A heavy price!

I never liked Vick and always thought he was a thug. I never felt sorry for him and thought he got what he deserved, Now he deserves a fersh start. I have a feeling he has learned a lot and been humbled. I have a feeling he is a better man for it, and isn't that what we wanted.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

On the one hand, I can support allowing people who have served their penance to rejoin society in a useful way. On the other hand, the average person with a felony record would have trouble finding a job at Wal-Mart. Whether or not Vicck plays in the NFL again depends entirely on whether or not somebody thinks he can still play and wants him on their team. Add to that the fact that whatever on-field potential Vick might have would have to be balanced against HUGE negative public relations, and you've got a guy who probably isn't worth the risk. I'm just not sure where the sympathy for Vick is going to come from.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Any team that signs Vick are idiots, I don't remember Vick being anything special to begin with and the bad public relations won't help the franchise either. But then again, the NFL does have the Raiders.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I don't like Vick and I find his actions reprehensible, but that doesn't warrant a lifetime ban. He defamed the league by association, but his actions did not assault the integrity of the game.

PETA on the other hand should be ashamed. I am not sure why they think asking to violate anyone's rights helps them walk on the side of the angels. It seems that good intentions has crossed the line into thinking they can do no wrong. I wonder how the folks there would feel if say their President were arrested while driving drunk and MADD demanded that they get a psych eval before coming back to work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Lifetime ban.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Hey, if the evil scum in Gitmo can be potentially released to carry out their plans, after being protected by some deranged interpretation of the US constitution, then Vick can be released, return to the NFL, have his record expunged by a presidential pardon, and maybe become the pope some time in the future as well.

Why bother following the path when you can eventually step back on, however briefly, and be welcomed and lionized, after doing as you please and having your fun?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Okay then . . .

So some people deserve second chances and some people don't.

So who decides?

You?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

[Quote]Okay then . . .

So some people deserve second chances and some people don't.

So who decides?

You?[/Quote]

Your question is to me?...beware I have strong opinions!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

Hey MVP, I know from many of your previous postings that you are passionate in your opinions and always try to be fair-minded. But in this case you are more concerned--or hung up--on the money and not the morality. One has nothing to do with the other here. How much money Vick might make should not determine his status.-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

But it does determine his status, if he gets big contract what did he learn from all this? he spent a little time at the holiday inn of prisons then got out and was abloe to gain back all the money he lost due to his punishment so how is that ok? Most convicts cant even get jobs but this guy gets to be a pro football player? No way, guys liek Matt Cassel sit in the back round for 4 years just waiting for a chance to play because they love this game but Mike Vick does not care at all about the game of football he just wants to make that money so screw him. The guy did not need the money when he started the dog fights, he did it out of pure enjoyment of watching to animals rip each other apart and that is sick.

And just while the subject is on the table the stuff that was being done at Gitmo was un American and 100% should have been shut down by Obama. You cant have it both ways you cant talk about how much you love America and everything we stand for and also turn around and say oh well its ok for us to treat none Americans like they are nothing. America is all about rights, the rights of human beings and there was a lot of sh*t going on at Gitmo that was un American and those people, whether they are a danger or not have a right to be treated like human beings. This is America and torture is not ok under any circimstances. Thats just the way I feel about it i respect your side of it i just dont agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

mvp, i agree on all points.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

word lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Killing dogs is wrong, and Michael Vick is a criminal, no doubt about it. But I think it's the people at PETA themselves who need to get a brain scan and psychiatric evaluation. That group is just ridiculous every time they say/do anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

true but that doesnt make their point any less valid, how do we even know someone like Vick is even capible of feeling remorse for what he did? Thats what a evaluation would determin is whether or not he is even capible of feeling sorry for what he did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would no longer be a fan of the Bill Belichick led Patriots if they brought in Vick but since that would never happen its a none point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[Quote]Hey, if the evil scum in Gitmo can be potentially released to carry out their plans, after being protected by some deranged interpretation of the US constitution, then Vick can be released, return to the NFL, have his record expunged by a presidential pardon, and maybe become the pope some time in the future as well.

Why bother following the path when you can eventually step back on, however briefly, and be welcomed and lionized, after doing as you please and having your fun?
    [/Quote]

People who are being held indefinitely without trial by the executive branch are evil? And that is constitutional? Looks like fascism (I believe they call it Republican these days) is alive and well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If he comes back it is to sit on the bench. Although I think some team who wants to gamble would give him a shake at RB.

I just can't see anyone investing money in him at this point. He is forever stained and thus cannot be the marketing presence he once was,and will likely draw protesters to any home games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I agree Mike,
    I don't think Vick should ever come back to the league. If a average WalMart or Stop&Shop employee did this, they would have a hard time finding a job. Why should an athlete be any different.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

[Quote]

People who are being held indefinitely without trial by the executive branch are evil? And that is constitutional? Looks like fascism (I believe they call it Republican these days) is alive and well.[/Quote]

The discussion is off the threads subject, but our own troops are subject to the UCMJ which is based on English Common Law and predates the Constitution...that's reality, not facism. Why should illegal combatants have more rights than our own soldiers? The issue is: Are the actions criminal activities to be treated as felonies, or by their own words, the acts of war.

One more thing, Abe Lincoln, who is beloved universally, famously suspended Habeas Corpus during the Civil War...how facist!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

And yes, I would not be able to root for Vick if he was a Pat

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEpatriots4ever. Show NEpatriots4ever's posts

[Quote]The sympathy will come from a team that needs a QB.You got guys getting in gun fights and they still play,drug arrests,they play,caught cheating ,they still coach.Do you see where I am going with this?
    Agreed there will be public outcry by all the nelly do gooders out there but the guy has paid his debt to society...let him play if he still can of course.
    [/Quote]

if youre talkin about Meriweather in regards to the gun fighting, you are wrong. He and a friend were shot at. Meriweather fired ONE bullet from a gun that was owned and registered by him. It is clearly self defense.

there isnt enough info on the Kazcur situation to make a judgement

and the "cheating" situation is BS.. anybody that thinks their team doesnt cheat is stupid, no offense. Dont fault BB for what he did, if anythin, fault him for gettin caught.... thats what pi55es me off, people dont think their teams cheat

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[Quote]

The discussion is off the threads subject, but our own troops are subject to the UCMJ which is based on English Common Law and predates the Constitution...that's reality, not facism. Why should illegal combatants have more rights than our own soldiers? The issue is: Are the actions criminal activities to be treated as felonies, or by their own words, the acts of war.

One more thing, Abe Lincoln, who is beloved universally, famously suspended Habeas Corpus during the Civil War...how facist![/Quote]

You brought it up but it's bad enough that everyone on this forum has to watch a small minority of posters go back and forth endlessly calling each other childish insults, so I'll continue this discussion in the Off-the-Field section.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

I agree with yeoman you oblate spheroidheads. Who the hell in there right mind would sign this prolate spheroidhead? He sucked and being away from the game a few years hasn't made him any better.