1. You have chosen to ignore posts from busybeetrothed. Show busybeetrothed's posts

Anybody else a little sad?

I'm bummed out by the way it played. Meither side looks goos and now we have to give up three players to get one who's never hit in a big market.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HubSports. Show HubSports's posts

[Quote] I think the sox gave away too much. Manny Moss and Hansen for Bay. That's too lopsided and looks like a team acting out of anger. Where is the relief help?[/Quote]

Given that there really wasnt a lot of interest in Psycho Manny by other teams I believe they did a hell of a job to get what they got. If he wasnt traded Manny would have pulled another 2006 all over again and ruined the RS chances to make the playoffs.

AND let's face it Manny's skills are declining, this year his roduction is average and the RS have been very good at judging when to get rid of aging payers whose best years are behind them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HubSports. Show HubSports's posts

[Quote]

I'll be sad next year when the Yankees spend an outrageous amount of money to get him.

[/Quote]

He will be 37 and his skills are rapidly in deline - let them sign the screwball

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I'm more mad than sad. Manny should have finished out the year by propelling our team to post season glory, shook everyone's hand, and rode off into the sunset. We'd all have fond memories and would wish him well for all he accomplished here. But noooooooooooo!! Manny had to be a total classless child and do anything he could to be sure he got out of his option years. To the poster who saw Boras' hand behind alot of this drama I completely agree. But Manny is the one responsible for his own boorish behaviors. I'll remember the positive, but ya better believe I'll remember what a selfish prima donna he was too. Theo and Red Sox management were left without a choice here. Manny was prepared to sink the ship if he wasn't allowed off of it. It was as simple as that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bugmenot. Show bugmenot's posts

"I don't care what anyone says, he was the heart and soul of this team. You'll all see."

The players vote 24 to 1 to trade the guy, but he was the heart and soul of the team? Yeah, this is all just another media fabrication, right ?

You can show the cliff to the lemmings, and they'll still run right off it and smile the whole way down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trading Nomar was brilliant. Not re-signing Pedro was the right thing to do knowing his shoulder was held together by a thread. But none of these guys were ever accused of being a faker or lyar as Manny was by Theo. Nobody fakes injuries in a contract year, if anything, they try to hide injuries as Renteria and Drew did. This is on Theo's head...stop blaming Manny for not taking Theo's bull. Wasn't it Theo who quit on the Sox when he felt he was being dissed? Now Theo disses Manny and we all blame Manny for wanting out? Am I missing something? Do we know for sure if Manny's knee hurts or not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeab00. Show mikeab00's posts

[Quote]I'm surprised by how upset I am with this. Manny is right, the Red Sox organization doesn't deserve him. ...And all of the morons that jumped on the the Manny bashing wagon suck. They are the same idiots that booed Johnny Damon when he first returned to Fenway. "

The only think I agree with is that the people who boo Johnny Damon are morons. In the last year of HIS Red Sox contract, Damon sacrificed his body night after night, diving in the outfield, smashing into the wall (and teammates) with his hustle. There is no doubt that Damon risked signing for bigger money as a free agent with this selfless performance. He should always be cheered at Fenway no matter what uniform he wears.

On the other hand there is Manny... who fakes injury when his team needs him the most and soils the name of the employer that paid him 100 million because he was dumb and greedy enough to demand the two extra years at the end of his original contract.

Classless chump that he is... he'll be booed by this fan whereever and forever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

Farewell Manny You were my favorite player, AND ONE OF THE BEST TO EVER PLAY THE GAME. THE SOX ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE DUMBEST TEAM IN THE MAJORS. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?
    THEY HAD THE MOST FEARED DUO IN BASEBALL. LOOK WHAT HE DID FOR THEM. JUST GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS, AND LET HIM BE. LAST PLACE HERE WE COME. I HAVE BURNED MY SOX HAT TODAY, AND WILL NO LONGER ROOT FOR THEM. THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW FOR ME.
    UNBELIEVABLE, YOU DUMMY EPSTEIN, YOU JUST SANK THE SOX CHANCES OF REPEATING

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from atteckus. Show atteckus's posts

Hallelujah!!!! Could not be happier than to have put this punk on the plane myself. Manny is everything a professional should never be. He is a disgrace, and I hope he never gets to grace the HOF. Good riddance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

FAREWELL MANNY. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. YOU ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT, MY FAVORITE PLAYER AND ONE OF THE BEST TO EVER PLAY THIS GAME. YOU DUMMY EPSTEIN, AND HENRY, YOU JUST BLEW YOUR CHANCE OF REPEATING. I BURNED MY SOX HAT TODAY AND WILL NO LONGER ROOT FOR YOU, YOU IDIOTS. KEEP THAT REPUBLICAN IDIOT SCHILLING, AND THE REST OF THOSE OVER THE HILL GUYS LIKE TIMLIN AND WAKEFIELD (COULD NOT EVEN GET A LITTLE LEAGUER OUT)
    NOW YOU HAVE ANOTHER WHITE STIFF, JASON BAY.

FARE THEE WELL, MANNY.

LET'S GO METS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Paying 7 million, giving up Moss and Hansen and losing 2 top draft picks for Manny signing with another team next year...all for Jason Bay? Brilliant, Theo, real brilliant! Next time stop playing doctor and accusing your players of faking, just quietly do what you think is right. You could have got more in a trade if you didn't turn this into a circus of desperation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Manny is gone.

And Curt Schilling IS STILL HERE. Working as a Blogger.

Whats wrong with this picture????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duckman. Show duckman's posts

[Quote]A little sad? I've had a big long cry. I am stunned. Why didn't the FO just sit down and talk to Manny when he asked them to? I can not believe this. Maybe if the Red Sox tank John Henry will fire Theo and beg Manny to come back. I don't care what anyone says, he was the heart and soul of this team. You'll all see.[/Quote]

What are you on crack?? 24 out of his 25 fellow teammates voted him off the team.. in addition to Tito there was Grady Little, Johnny Mac all coddle him...Sure he hit the ball, but he was a 20 million dollar spoiled brat, who end up getting $160 million from the Red Sox. With the Red Sox paying for the remainder of this year, they still couldn't other teams interested..very few teams were even interested in him for nothing.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRJB1. Show CRJB1's posts

I'm a little sad about it. Manny gave us great years and helped us win 2 rings. I just think we gave up way too much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

I'm really sick of people carrying on about Manny as if he was the only player on either World Series Red Sox Team. He was an important player, but not the only one.

Manny's bat will be missed, but his antics and his attitude surely won't be. Maybe now the Sox can get refocused, get their bullpen sorted out and play like the hundred million dollar team they are.

I liked the Red Sox a lot better when they were the hard luck kids of "maybe next year" sentiments -- there wasn't this ego BS, there wasn't so much focus on "stars" -- there was a team, there was teamwork, they didn't win the big one, but people loved them anyway ... now the "Brand" is losing some of it's shine, it's like Hannah Montana and High School Musical and McDonalds and Batman, it's in your face all the time -- it's marketing and marketed to death. It's no longer about THE GAME -- it's about WINNING (and ignoring bad behavior by *THE STARS*), product placement, luxury corporate boxes, and ticket prices that ordinary people can only dream about or maybe blow their Economic Stimulus Check on.

As a fan who loved them way before RED SOX NATION, I'm sad at the turn the entire franchise has taken. But I guess everybody loves a winner ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gickchum. Show gickchum's posts

Pretty soon it's going to be all pasty white guys on the team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duckman. Show duckman's posts

Manny joined the ranks of Damon, Nomar and Pedro, who all cared about one thing, "MONEY". It also showed the Red Sox were correct in not shelling out big money for long term contracts for these guys. I think History will prove the right in the Manny move.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT93. Show BurritoT93's posts

JD Drew was supposed to be our #5 hitter, Lowell is the #5 hitter, and Bay? He is a what? Man, bad trade, but good idea to move Manny.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gitemp. Show gitemp's posts

I am really sick of these prima donna players, (T. O. Brett Farve, Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, etc.). They really think they are bigger than the team and the game. When Manny Ramirez goes and plays great for the Dodgers, he will show what an as....e he is, displaying that he was quitting on the team here. That should send a clear message to whoever considers signing him to another ridiculous contract (hundred million dollars for four years) he is seeking. To answer your question, I am happy he left, not sad. He was alienating and upsetting the entire region not only his teammates. He listens to his agent who only looks for that percentage of the next contract. He will be remembered as a great hitter on the field and a bigger as...e off of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxtoni. Show redsoxtoni's posts

We all knew this day would come. Too bad it ended this way. But, Jason Bay will produce. Hitting in the Sox lineup will help him. What's better is that he costs the Sox 7 mil next year, giving the team the chance to spend some money elsewhere. Here's hoping they can bring in another big bat.
    The team needs to keep changing in order to stay a winner. Sox 04 compared to Sox 07 is an example of this.
    Oh, and Bay is a good Canadian kid!
    Don't be sad for Manny, he's spoiled to have had the chance to win 2 World Series while making ridiculous money.
    God bless him, I will miss this big goof! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT93. Show BurritoT93's posts

Man O' man, WTH!!!!

1) I believe Manny needed to go, certainly after the season if not now....

2) But Bay? Common' .... Bay is going to do what? What J.D Drew is supposed to be doing already? What Lowell does everyday? Bay isn't a 4 or 5 hitter....

3) And why the heck werent the Dodgers willing to lick our nutties, why did we have to add anything other than Manny on a plate?

4) Bye Manny, was hoping you'd finnish the season here... but playing somewhere else in 09.

BurritoT

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gickchum. Show gickchum's posts

His overall numbers in Boston: A .312 average, 275 homers and 868 RBIs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gickchum. Show gickchum's posts

His numbers in the '07 playoffs:

.348 with four homers and 16 RBIs in 16 games

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gitemp. Show gitemp's posts

[Quote]Pretty soon it's going to be all pasty white guys on the team[/Quote]

At least they will not be prima donna, ungrateful, Latino players like Pedro Martinez, Nomar G., and Ramirez, who got millions of dollars and wanted to be treated like untouchable Kings. Many of us are immigrants here and appreciate what this country can offer. So, when you get $20 million per year to play a game in which the fans pay their monthly salaries to come and watch you, shut up and be thankful!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gitemp. Show gitemp's posts

[Quote]Pretty soon it's going to be all pasty white guys on the team[/Quote]

At least they will not be prima donna, ungrateful, Latino players like Pedro Martinez, Nomar G., and Ramirez, who got millions of dollars and wanted to be treated like untouchable Kings. Many of us are immigrants here and appreciate what this country can offer. So, when you get $20 million per year to play a game in which the fans pay their monthly salaries to come and watch you, shut up and be thankful!