1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dg0370a. Show dg0370a's posts

Bill Buckner throwing out first pitch

I'm a�life long Sox fan, though I'm only 29.� So when the Buckner play happened in '86 I was only 7.� Over the years I read things about how hard Sox fans were on Buckner & how he had to move�away �from the area because of all the abuse.� I saw that the Sox are having him back to throw out the 1st pitch today.� My question is:� Isn't it about time we forgave this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 68fbrd. Show 68fbrd's posts

2009 Opening Day First Pitch - Bucky Dent

2010 Opening Day First Pitch - Grady Little

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from menofmilton. Show menofmilton's posts

Too bad Richard Nixon is dead we could have had him throw out the second pitch!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3342512. Show user_3342512's posts

I was at Game 7 of the '04 ALCS and Bucky Dent threw out the first pitch.� Needless to say it did not have the desired effect for NYYY.I'm glad Buckner gets this opportunity.� He never deserved the the amount of blame he got after the '86 WS.� It was a huge blunder but John McNamara and Calvin Schiraldi were just as culpable, if not more so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yardman. Show yardman's posts

Agreed.....��This really should start with�boston.com.� How could you�lead an article with��"Legendary Red Sox goat Bill Buckner....."????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

I think that's a great choice.� He's taken more than his fair share of abuse over the last couple decades, when there were several people to blame.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bloodiedsox. Show bloodiedsox's posts

The Son of Sam will be throwing out the first pitch in the new Yankee park.� He will probably get a bigger welcome than what the Fenway crowd will give to Buckner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wb374. Show wb374's posts

They asked him to throw out the first pitch for the 2005 season and he denied.� They should make him field grounders in batting practice.� On another note, after he missed that grounder in the 86 world series, he should have taken off his uniform, ran after the ball and wizzed on it.� That way he wouldn't be remembered for the error.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The Son of Sam will be throwing out the first pitch in the new Yankee park.

I know this is an attempt at humor, but it is just wrong on so many levels.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glorybetonyc. Show glorybetonyc's posts

It's a great choice.� Bill Buckner should be in the hall of fame.�The guy who was really to blame� for losing game 6 of the '86 series was John McNamara.� He after all these years bears none of the blame of the loss of Game 6 of the '86 World Series.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjc52. Show sjc52's posts

Actually, I guess it's time to forget and foregive.� While it will always remain the most devestating loss in my life time, time to turn the page and focus on the team of the new millinieum.
    Go Sox

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaydubu99. Show jaydubu99's posts

"MIKE STANLEY"?????.....how do you have the gall to blame some-one....but its not even the right name?????I think we can only reasonably expect the athlete's we cheer for is to give "full effort"....sometimes,as fans, we probably care more than the athlete's themselves about the results....BUT I never had a problem with either Buck nor the Steamer about their efforts on that fateful day.....anyone that gave those guys a "bad time" should be embarrassed with THEMSELVES!...Hope this belatedly "cleans the slate" for Buck.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

are there any living relatives of Harry Frazee?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnyd. Show ronnyd's posts

That was BOB Stanley who threw that wild pitch (Mike was a catcher),�and him and Calvin Schiraldi deserve all the grief for 1986, not Bill Buckner. The game was already blown by the time the ball went through his legs. I think it's great that Billy Buck is getting this opportunity - I think he'll get a huge ovation!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from reensco. Show reensco's posts

I think its a great idea that Bill Buckner is throwing out the first pitch.We've won 2 World Series - he's suffered enough - Red Sox nation needs to forgive and forget.�

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from iggyd23. Show iggyd23's posts

Should have been Lobel

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wjdav. Show wjdav's posts

NO..........this year is now cursed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sapblatt. Show sapblatt's posts

Buckner is a fine choice for throwing the first pitch - as long as he does not have to field a slow grounder we will be fine. The guy I would be most worried about throwing the ball is Julio Lugo - if he were to throw the first pictch I would have Varitek sit in the dugout so he would have a chance of catching it...

Seriously - winning two World Series has made not mind Buckner - in fact - any gripes at Buckner should really be directed at John McNamara - it is the managers job to put the best team at the time on the field - with a lead in the ninth inning, buckner should have been replaced by Dave Stapleton...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 69legal. Show 69legal's posts

AMAZING CHOICE, I'M STILL IN TEARS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

I think this is great news. I've always told my kids that Buckner was not the reason they lost game 6 in 1986. It was the pitching and the manager tyring to be a nice guy that cost�them that game. If it wasn't for Buckner the Sox might not have made it to the World Series. He had a really productive year considering he had�bad knees. If I was there I'd give him a standing ovation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgaulorr. Show jgaulorr's posts

An excellent choice. I hope this will finally clear the air regarding 1986. He was the scapegoat and didn't deserve it. Bill Buckner was a teriffic baseball player and did a lot for the Red Sox to get them to the WS. He was the type of player and teammate that has made this Red Sox organization a success the past four years. With his numbers, why isn't he in the HOF?�

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaydubu99. Show jaydubu99's posts

Geez...I know fan can mean "fanatic"...but....I may be the only REAL fan left, I don't hate Buckner, but why let him have any glory. His lazy butt and bad knees ruined a childs year(mine in 86/87)....what a sob story! Ruined a child's year! YOU got too many trophies for getting your sorry a$$ whipped when you were a kid....and you're still a baby now!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmonmcd. Show dmonmcd's posts

You know, enough with the sarcastic BS all you fans who can't move on are throwing out there. Bill Buckner was the perfect choice! This guy gave all he could for the game and it's time to move on. We have a great team now and we should cherish it for all it is worth! As someone who's heart was broken on that fateful 86 night it is just great to see him back with our championship banners! Long over-due and let's get some more!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajmac10. Show ajmac10's posts

WOW, what's up with this guy, (poofy74 posted at 2:05)� talk about bitter!!!!!�

Sure I was a Sox fan that had no problem buying tickets the day of the game, and I miss those days.� But there's a reason we have "$300 seats"� It's so we can afford the best players in the world like Dice-K, Manny, Papi and Josh Beckett.� Without seat revenue we'd be as pathetic as the team from Kansas City with no money to spend on players, not to mention a $55 million posting fee for Dice-K.� Get a grip buddy, the games may be sold out, and also may be very expensive compared to years past, but we're a perennial contender.� What's more important; the Sox winning, or your selfish #### being one of 15,000 people in the park of a losing ball club.� I'll take the former, and I'll take rings, GO SOX!!!!!!