1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

Boras: "8 years 195" to get Teixeira

Ive read in a few places that the Red Sox offeris still the biggest on the table. Boras is just trying to get more money and I think the Sox just called his bluff. I mean, does Tex want to play got a legitimate world series contender for the next few years, or the Nationals ( giggle) or the Orioles.( LOLOL) or Angels? That is what Tex is going to have to decide. Does he want a few more million and play for a mediocre team, or take a very rich contract and play for a perinneal contender with a GREAT organization.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phineasgage. Show phineasgage's posts

'Sweat that out for Joe Mauer '

How precisely are the Red Sox going to acquire Joe Mauer? Wait, you've got it figured out, they'll trade Mike Lowell and Julio Lugo, right? LOL

Regarding Boras, he's up to his usual games trying to force the bidding, but I don't think he's trying to get the Yankees in, since that's the best place for him to cash in Manny. I think he's trying to jack up the Angels or Nationals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardhouse. Show gardhouse's posts

As my father used to say to me How does it feel to want!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardhouse. Show gardhouse's posts

[Quote]As my father used to say to me How does it feel to want!!![/Quote]

since when is 20 mil a year not enough, this isn't Ted Williams or Babe Ruth were talking about sheez!!!!! Let him walk..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phineasgage. Show phineasgage's posts

Thanks, sorry to have misinterpreted your post.

I'm hoping we don't sign this guy. Maybe Boras has been directing the whole thing, but I don't get a good vibe about Teixeira, and bringing him aboard at that price will completely upset the salary structure of the team.

Let him go to the Yankees or Angels. Manny will go to whichever of the two that Teixeira doesn't sign with.

I'm OK with that, particularly with the young talent we've got coming. We'll still have a better than even chance of beating them both due to superior pitching and defense.

Can you imagine how sweet it would be if the Yanks blow half a billion dollars and don't make the playoffs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I'd like to see the Sox get Teixeira but it's sort of silly to see them break the bank for him. Is the guy that good? Are there other bats out there able to be had via trade? What about Youk and Lowell? These guys have been professional team first guys and I'd be a bit pi**ed if I was Youk and I had to watch a guy like Drew and Tex get their money while he has to fight for his.

I am no GM, but I just can't see the value for Tex at that asking price, even if you are the Sox and can afford it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]

nope, he is just GREEDY and full of it[/Quote]

I agree. I do not think Boras is out 100% for the player's benefit. Many players could be very happy with the millions they make when they are in a place they can be happy. For Boras, the more for him, the better. Wouldn't surprise me that Boras has bullied many players into waitng for bigger contracts when they want to be both HAPPY and WELL PAID.

I wonder if CC felt like this: "OK, I got my money, but I am in NY, crap! At least I have my money!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]

Yeah but the owners aren't greedy.....they would only want to pay less so they can make more money!!!![/Quote]

ruggie... what you do not realize is the OWNER has all the risk!! The owner owes the money regardless of fan turnout, revenues etc.. I look at the Stefan Marbury issue in the NBA.. how outrageous is it that this player is getting $21 million to NOT PLAY!! A contract is a contract and a player can derail the team with their lack of play but still get paid. Owner has to pay all the time.