1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuiwukuong. Show shuiwukuong's posts

Cap / Contract Violations vs. Spygate

This whole "Spygate" thing is like the bully in grammer school teasing the little shy girl and not much more.....and the trolls that keep harping on it are those bullies just grown up and still as immature.� I think the NFL execs all know that, and they know there are other issues which hurt the competitive balance more - such as the salary cap violations (see 49ers 90's dynasty) or the fixing of game outcomes (see 2007 Titans-Colts).� The NFL wants all this to go away as they don't want any more bad press.� Players who are gangsters, owners who's egos fill conference rooms, bad medical decisions on head injuries, and now the appearance of impropriaty have all taken a toll on its shiny model league image; including the current Pats.� Belechick broke the rules, other coaches break rules too in their search for an edge - the best coaches just do a better job of it.� How much does it help?� You still need better athletes to execute any game plan, so yes fixing the salary cap probably is worse.� I think the NFL coaching fraterity all have to publically admit that Spygate was coaching and the NFL executive committee come out with a public coaching code of conduct, much in the same way as they did for the players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wd62627. Show wd62627's posts

The difference between the bully in grammar school and the trolls is that the bully was a large jerk that wasnt loved by his parents and took it out on everyone with physical force..... the trolls on the other hand are scrawny little weasels that got beat up by the bully and still WANT to talk trash but do so without a name or face

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 35203. Show 35203's posts

Your post is one of the best written I have seen in any publication....Very Well said!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrislb. Show chrislb's posts

the best are always villified by the failures----nothing new.� never will change until pats get lousy, which will still be a while in spite of needing CB's, LB's, TE, OL.� A good draft and a willingness to play young guys will mean another trip to the SB and further villifacation by the envious suckersAnd now an actual def cooord will be on the sidelines. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Eat sh*t to all the Tom Jacksons, Sterile Hodge and Mike Dicka of the sports commentating arena

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Please don't take offense, jjMakaveli, but it galls me when people continue to perpetuate the story of BB's misguided efforts to gain an edge by using the term "Spygate".But the use of the word Spy belies the facts.� Spy, as defined, means secretly.� There was nothing secretive about the videotaping.� The act itself of videotaping certainly was not secretive, but quite to the contrary, it was all done out in the open for thousands to see.� And, he wasn't videotaping anything that was secret.� The defensive signals were being demonstrated for all to see.�Belichick has publicly admitted his wrongdoing which was videotaping from the sidelines, and has quietly taken his�and the teams punishment.� But, no where in the charges against him is there any mention of spying.So, if we must continue to drudge up this episode, let's adopt a more fitting appellation.� Personally, I have no objection to cameragate or videogate but please no more Spygate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Tattle-tale/gate: �For all those who jumped on�the bandwagon�for a free lunch following Mangini's efforts to disparage his mentor.� �