1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Coco would have had it!!

CoCo would have had it. Jacoby hitting below the Mendoza line. Where is the outrage?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quint869. Show quint869's posts

Coco would have had it!!

Good point to the extent if it was the other way around there would have been 1000 dump Crisp posts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Coco would have had it!!

The Sox got to the WS with Coco playing excellent defense, saving the pitchers runs.� If Jacoby is going to cause the pitchers runs, I don't care how much better his bat is than Coco's, I'd rather have Coco out there.� But it's only one game, so maybe that was just a little hiccup for Jacoby.� We'll see.� Like you said, if that was Coco, there would be outrage that Coco was playing, like there was the other day when Coco played (even though he got a hit and scored a run!).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quint869. Show quint869's posts

Coco would have had it!!

Perhaps we should keep a running list of useless replacements, because that was always popular with Pedroia and Crisp.

Kielty every day CF for example.
    Drew in CF, Moss in RF
    Casey 1B, Youk RF, Drew CF

believe me, i have heard worse suggestions to replace Crisp before there was Ellsbury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Coco would have had it!!

Exactly my point. The haters (and all we know who they�are)�would be screaming and calling Jacoby and Tito every name in the books. They would be screaming that besides being a Gold Glove caliber CF, he is leading the team in hitting. �Not a peep from them after a loss due in no small matter to not catching a ball in CF. What a bunch of clowns

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from behindthebag. Show behindthebag's posts

Coco would have had it!!

That's the first thing I thought when he dropped it.� "Coco hangs on to that one".� Remember the last out of the playoffs last year.�� http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5pW1QaOSsc

Ellsbury has great potential but he's showing his rookie status.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxman16. Show soxman16's posts

Coco would have had it!!

I played high school ball and I would have had it. That was a joke, again.. not sure what all the hype is with Els..Maybe he is just trying to hard to seal the deal in CF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Coco would have had it!!

my point is this: well a few: 1.) if coco makes a mistake.� i'm outraged (more) �cause he's getting paid 5 mil a year darn near, andhe should be the flawless seasoned pro, when he slumped at the end of the season he didn't just slump a little HE STUNK. . so that's my worry .. and he is paid FIVE MILLION2.) a rookie is going to make a rookie mistake. .isn't that why it is called that. . Pedroia had his struggles they stuck with him and he learned, how is a rook going to learn.> BUT to PLAY. . patience is the key here. 3.) I expect some bumps and bruises, and some great plays and some mistakes. .from EVERYONE, no one is perfect, Papi, Manny, JD, Beckett, ANYONE. . so we can be "armchair" GMs here. .and reveal to the world all the genius moves WE'd make. . but to tell you the truth. if we were that good or that genius. . we'd be playing and / or working in the show .. so who are we to complain? why don't we just enjoy the game?he's going to make mistakes.. but bottomline. . THIS is theplace to do it. . get his experience early in the season . so late in the season . he'll make all the big plays (AGAIN)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Coco would have had it!!

It's too eary in the season to be getting down on anyone.
    �NOW That is it in a nutshell!�Nice point

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Coco would have had it!!

CarolinaRedSoxFan - "Fenway is one of the strangest outfields there is, so I am going too give him a mulligan. Makes eveyone appreciate Coco just a little bit more."

Yeah, but the game was being played in the dome in Toronto, so does he still get a mulligan???????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Coco would have had it!!

"It's too eary in the season to be getting down on anyone."You must be new to the board. We have had thousands of posts since the end of the �2007 season ragging on Theo, Tito, Schilling, JD,�Tek and Coco just to name a few. All some people do on this board is rag on players and management.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Coco would have had it!!

Don't recall whether Jacoby played in Toronto at end of last season.� Coco is obviously more familiar with the Dome and certain that Jacoby will become as familiar.�

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from webstunner. Show webstunner's posts

Coco would have had it!!

Don't blame Jacoby.

I watched the game and he catch the ball, a few extra steps, banged into thewall and then he dropped the ball. For me that was a catch but it happened so quicklythat the umpires ruled it the other way.

Plus there were other plays that cost us as well involving Manny, Pedroia andCash.

Blame Francona. Wakefiled is not a bad pitcher but you can't have Wake on themound for more than 6 innings. This has happened so many many many times.Francona leaves Wake on the mound in the 6th or 7th and BOOM! Herecomes the rally!

Anyway, we can't win them all.����� ^_^

Enjoy Bucholz pitching today. Gotta go to watch the game. GO SOX!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Coco would have had it!!

You missed the point. If Coco had droped that ball, there would have been a huge outrage on this board by the Coco haters. Jacoby drops a ball and all you get is silence. Jacoby is hitting .187. Same thing out of the haters. SILENCE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Coco would have had it!!

Ellsbury�started in left in the first game of the series, and center in the next two.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Coco would have had it!!

It's about time that Francona says to Ellsbury what Belicick said to Brady when he gave him the QB spot, "the job is yours".

Stop facilating, Terry. The kid needs to know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Coco would have had it!!

I am not faulting Jacoby. I am just pointing out the \alke of BS because he droped it. If Cooc had done that he hod br killed on this board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Coco would have had it!!

The only thing you know about jacoby is that he can run real fast. You have know idea want he will do for an entire year in the bigs and he has been far from great this early in the season.

He was up for a month last year and played great. That does not mean he will be great.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Coco would have had it!!

He is hitting .200, really ripping the ball. However the issues is not what either is hitting. It's the point that if Coco had droped�that ball he would be killed on this board by the haters. Jacoby drops the ball and not a peep.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slikrick04. Show slikrick04's posts

Coco would have had it!!

Forget all the stats and worries about�eating crow. The Sox are a better team with Coco starting, and there is no doubt about it. ������ Jacoby is a great spark off the bench and as a �back up, but he�is not ready to be a starter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thopjen77. Show thopjen77's posts

Coco would have had it!!

You have to show the umps that you have the ball,you could take thirty steps and it wouldn't matter.Jacoby will be fine,just like Dustin last season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Coco would have had it!!

correct sir. .a nd the only way to get PAST speculation. a.nd "armchair managing" is to let the kid get his reps in. . get his looks in. .and have some STATS under his belt. .so no one can argue "SMALL SAMPLING SIZE" or. . "NOT REAL LIFE SITUATIONS" yadda yadda yadda. .

i have a theory . certain people. . will always find SOMETHING to complain about!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Coco would have had it!!

and you know this how? your last "prediction" went over like a fart in a space suit . ..

QUOTE "He'll start out the year in AAA" ERH! 0-1. . .

you're batting .000 sooo. . how can you "PROVE" you're so right?

all anyone can say is we'll see. . you can't say he'll NEVER that's a fallacy

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Coco would have had it!!

I'd settle for .250 from Ells if he could paly D like Coco. He can't, period. Rush Rush Rush

you'd settle IF he could. .and then you said he cant. . and that infers. now. . or from now on. .

so "NEVER" is in there. .and it is infered. . youalways bash him. .then soften your bashing... by doing the "oh I like him" he just has holes in his swing. .etc. .

OK. . where's your batting champ trophy? you ever play in the bigs?

so that's what "ARMCHAIR MANAGER" is. . be a fan for F sake! enjoy! don't make up for your lack of ability by picking on those who actually made it to the show!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Coco would have had it!!

i'm going the same way i've always gone with this. . one person in particular. . says blanket . . mostly negative statements about Ells, and made a blanket prediction 2 times. .1.) he won't start out the year in the bigs. .and 2.) he'll NEVER hit above .25o and be the defensive guy Coco is?....

so i ask you this: I say "we'll see" lets give him enough of a "SAMPLE SIZE" that no one can argue there isn't enough proof. and let him prove us right. .or wrong. . so we can stop speculating, he's the future of this club, and i don't want him to go to waste!

he made 1 error in all 3 years of college ball at the pac-10 level ONE!!!!

he made what? only 1 i think if that in all his minors. and i haven't seen him charged with an error yet. . .

so his defense.. and i still stand by this. the more PT he gets. .and the more batters he gets to look at and defend against will ONLY get better. . he's faster, he has heart, toughness, and I know the kid, has ALWAYS accomplishd what he set out to!