1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Ellsbury's swing?

I love�Ellsbury's�potential, but notwithstanding his�very attractive�OBP, �the kid has been fouling off quite a few what look to be good�pitches into the third-base stands.� Is this a case of: a) protecting the plate?b) trying to go the other way and hit to right?c) slow bat speed?d) fooled by the pitch?e) inability to handle inside pitch?f) other?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildcat66. Show wildcat66's posts

Ellsbury's swing?

Right now, pitchers are finding that JE is having trouble handling the inside pitch and are jamming him.� He will, I think, as most good hitters do, eventually learn to pull in his hands and become more able to handle it.� Like many young hitters, he has weaknesses and ML pitchers, as they see him more, will find things to exploit and he will, with the help of the hitting coach, find counter-measures.� Steroids and all, Jose Canseco never was able to handle a high inside fastball, nor was Reggie Jackson for a long time.� I have memories of Clemens "walking up the ladder" with Reggie on high inside heat and Reggie almost screwing himself into the ground with swings.� JE will compensate, at least enough for him to make them pitch to his strength occasionally.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildcat66. Show wildcat66's posts

Ellsbury's swing?

Hey there OT -- another old time fan here.Fred Lynn, unfortunately, suffered from what my father (amy he rest in peace) called "Pete Reiser's Disease".� Pete was a NL outfielder with the old Boston Braves in 1949-50 and with several other teams (mostly Brooklyn) before and after.� Dad used to say that like Pete, Freddy Lynn never met a wall that he didn't think he could run through.� This caused both of them to have shortened careers due to concussions, shouldeer injuries, etc.� Anyway, agree that Fred never got HOF numbers for whatever reason.As for Teddy Ballgame, he never had the options that today's players have -- in his day the reserve clause bound a player to a team until the FO decided to get rid of him.� There was no "demand a trade" or "no-teade contracts" or�"free agency" (not that I think Ted would have left anyway). In those days, you played for the team that held your contract or you didn't play in the big leagues at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Ellsbury's swing?

Hey Eicorazon, i didn't catch this the other day, but when Ellsbury was HBP 2x in a game. is that the "low and insides" getting away from the pitcher. or was ells stepping up and taking one? for getting OB. . �I think overall he's doing his job. .getting on base and making things happen, his swing is improving, and the "hole" in the swing in the low inside. . i think will go away. . and those "ROPES. . " will fall whre they may .just as they do for most hitters,� ,don't forget.. baseball is the only sport or thing you can do� and get 3 out of 10 sucesses. .and not get a "failing grade" . . . . . and just a "BIT" more. a.nd you're in the Hall of Fame� .. (quote from Martian Kid)�

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Ellsbury's swing?

Those Ellsbury pop-ups with the bases loaded will start falling soon.

Is this another one of your tricks out of "how to lie with statistics"?� Argument by anecdote, backed by heavy sarcasm?� Toss in a pinch of insult and nobody will DARE disagree with you.

In fact, I actually agree with the substance of your position on this issue.� I simply find your rhetorical style to be childish.� Grow up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Ellsbury's swing?

Softlaw, thought I had been respectful of you and your opinions (even when disagreeing over Lugo).� If not, I apologize.� You generally know whereof you speak.