1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBlake. Show PatsFanBlake's posts

ESPN's double standard

ESPN wouldn't run a story about Bret Favre selling out his old team because it was unsubstantiated even though there was plenty of proof then when there is no new news but everyone is covering it and making comments of ESPN's lack of covering it, they start to cover it. So ESPN then makes statements about the Patriots being displeased essentially pissed at Brady....without any evidance...hmmmmm..they've never done that before... Tom Jackson comments about the Patriots hating BB or what about going on with the story about the Taped walk through. Im I the only one sick of the double standard?? Whenever the Patriots fart ESPN tries to make them look bad....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

ESPN's double standard

I've stopped looking at any ESPN media since mid-year, last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trebor. Show Trebor's posts

ESPN's double standard

I no longer watch espn also but this what happens when you hire has beens and morons to do your reporting for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

ESPN's double standard

ESPN loves moronic sports commentators because what they are interested in is the lowest common denominator in their listeners. The more they can dumn down their listenets the more they can zombie them into their products and stupid sports controversies---which they repeat over ad nauseum in their promos. When i think ESPN i think Fox News---as opposed to Fox sports.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

ESPN's double standard

I stopped listening to ESPN after Jackson mouthed off and said this team hates there coach.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

ESPN's double standard

ESPN - Every Sport Premature News
    They are the worst

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

ESPN's double standard

Many of us don't watch ESPN or go to ESPN.com after they proliferated the hatred and lies toward and about the Patriot team, players and organization or all of last year through the offseason.

In case anyone forgets, Mark Schlerath, Mike Wilbon, and Steve Young all called for "old school retaliation (injury)" against Tom Brady in retaliation for succuss. Mark Schlerath and Chris Carter went on a live, three hour unapologetic lying spree on how the Patriots cheated in-game, using video fro the sidelines. They still have yet to apologize for allowing that anoying ret*rd Tony Kornholio to be allowed into any professional broadcast booth.

Unsubstantiated rumor and lies, proliferation of untruths and sensationalization of rule infractions or personal grudges is what ESPN does best.

Years ago, when they built their empire on sports coverage, ESPN was a good thing. Now, with the focus on TMZ inspired sensationalization, ESPN is a freak show of talentless (and often alien looking) talking heads in a cesspool of bias.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

ESPN's double standard

Homer Simpson says, "Mmmmmm, "Cesspool of bias" ulllggghh."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

ESPN's double standard

[Quote]I stopped listening to ESPN after Jackson mouthed off and said this team hates there coach.[/Quote]

Except for a game on ESPN and the Sports Reporters on Sunday morning, turning to ESPN is off my radar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

ESPN's double standard

Now I just follow the Pats news on Boston.com or check out rotoworld.com.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

ESPN's double standard

[Quote]Homer Simpson says, "Mmmmmm, "Cesspool of bias" ulllggghh."[/Quote]Unfortunately journalism has suffered terribly during the past 20 years and previously, moreso during the last 20. They change a word, delete a few, add a few to make the report fit their agenda. I absolutely do not trust the mainline media at all. None!! Rarely do I watch tv news reports or read a mainstream newspaper because you do not know if the report is truth or fiction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

ESPN's double standard

I couldn't agree more sonieboy. As an English major linguistics/Philosophy minor, I find it unbelievable that Mainstream Media cannot just report THE Facts. At best Media is a sellout to sensationalism and sponsors within the theatre of entertainment, at worst, sonieboy, You are absolutely correct in assessing that there trully IS an agenda at play, and therefore Media becomes a director for whatever and whomever their executives/the writer/or those special interests groups (see United States Senators and Special Interests groups), as curtain boys to these cheap actors, deem are newsworthy or worthy at all. You are very perceptive, unlike the mass of men, in noting how 1 word, 1 sentence, 1 simple seemingly unnotable Fact that's either put in or left out, of a story.article/broadcast, skews whatever the person/network/etc. is trying to convey towards an opinion, subjectivity, a point...a prejudice or inclination , no matter how slight, that as being portrayed as fact, completely prohibits and skews what should have been ideally impartial judgement. The result is obvious, The person reading the article, watching the news, spaced from work, beat up by the kids, the boss, and making dinner, many time's unconciously becomes, to use a terribly elicit term, brainwashed. Sonieboy, I'd rather watch the Simpson's and Family Guy, and have my opinions, in the form of explicit satire, spoonfeed to me... At least I know what I'm eating, or that I even AM eating (I know, I know that last sentence was terrible, but as they say, "Good Poets use Bad Puns).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

ESPN's double standard

ESPN-Sports Tabloid.

All New England fans have/will avoid ESPN at all costs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crlsnjnn. Show crlsnjnn's posts

ESPN's double standard

I'm wondering how all of this information was supposedly so readily available.........isn't there supposed to be confidentiality. I believe Tom Brady is the only person who is allowed to give out any medical details about himself (or must sign a waiver allowing his doctors to give out details) and I'm pretty sure he isn't leaking anything.

If ESPN can't get the news legitimately, do they just make it up?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

ESPN's double standard

And, SeanGar-2, good writers don't take a thought or opinion and turn it into a diatribe . . .
    You have mastered the art filling your writing with useless words.
    Good God. People like you scare young kids away from reading.

The sad thing is homeless... that your writing has NONE of these problems. BTW Don't forget homeless that I intersperse my learned prose with Homer Simpson quotes, meaningless $5 facts, insane predictions that the world is going to end, cheap archetypes, expensive metaphors, and delusions of grandeur.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

ESPN's double standard

I watch Wendy Nix

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

ESPN's double standard

ESPN broadcasts out of New York, many of its employees live and grew up in New York rooting for NY teams and therefore its bias is very anti-Boston; particularly lately when so many Boston teams have been dominant. Hell of a way to run a sports journalism channel. More like Fox News or MSNBC (take your pick).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

ESPN's double standard

I gave up ESPN for Fox a long time ago. I can't really stand ESPN.