1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Fitzgerald over Moss any day.

I disagree with your criticisms of Moss, but I do agree that Fitzgerald right now is the premier reciever in the NFL. I would take him over anyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandBfromNP. Show RandBfromNP's posts

calvin johnson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzCal. Show BuzzCal's posts

Larry Fitzgerald all day long. Larry is now what Moss was then. How about the thought of adding Boldin to the Pat's this Offseason?

BuzzCal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkleen2002. Show mrkleen2002's posts

Moss is one of the best of all time. Fitzgerald is WAY TOO YOUNG to judge yet.

Period.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

buzz,
    considering that boldin is upset about his pay.....
    do you really believe that pats would give him all that money he wants to be our third WR?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Different receivers entirely. Apples to Oranges. Moss is a deep threat, fitzy is a possession guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

This a Patriots board but is it necessary to pick on Randy Moss in order to make an obvious point? Fitzgerald is probably the best receiver in the NFL. Isn't that sufficient?
    Moss has been great throughout his career except for Oakland. He helped transform our offense from ok to awesome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[Quote]Moss flat out AVOIDS ALL CONTACT. He's fast but he''s still a Mary. He doesnt even like football camp. Avoids it straight up. Did you see at anytime in the 2 years he's been here him take on a tackler? Not fall to the ground? He will NEVER EVER WIN THE BIG GAME. Stats and money make him happy.[/Quote]

You obviously didn't watch his TD against Miami this year at Miami. Right now Fitz is the best. Moss is still an elite receiver though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[Quote]This a Patriots board but is it necessary to pick on Randy Moss in order to make an obvious point? Fitzgerald is probably the best receiver in the NFL. Isn't that sufficient?
    Moss has been great throughout his career except for Oakland. He helped transform our offense from ok to awesome.[/Quote]

Yabble, I lived in Minnesota for Moss's first 3 seasons and he made a tremendous impact on that team. I remember Randall Cunningham throwing up jump balls and as he threw you knew in your mind that Randy was going to out jump any db and catch that ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandBfromNP. Show RandBfromNP's posts

Let me say it again...Calvin Johnson.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Ironic that someone would post under the name spursfan50 and call out an athlete as a primadonna.

Let's face it the rear admiral David Robinson wrote the book on soft, so if your a fan of his then you must really know what you are talking about...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

23 TD's, what more do you have to say?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They areway too different to judge. But all told, Larry is a better all around reciever. Moss is far better at what he does, deep threat. In fact Moss is the best deep threat ever.

It is like comparing Shaq to someone like Duncan six or seven years ago. Everyone and their mother knows Duncan is a better talent, but Shaq did what only Shaq could do.

I would take Larry because he is younger, and because he is more versa
    tile.

But Moss isn't far behind, and I am not sure there is a more game changing player. When Brady comes back Moss will outpeform Larry, but only because Brady is so good at throwing the deep ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Talk about "what have you done for me lately?". A year ago, everyone in the world would have laughed at the assertion that Fitzgerald could hold Moss' jock strap for him. Now, Moss plays a year with an inexperienced quarterback (and still catches almost identical TD passes to Fitzgerald, by the way) and he has lost his elite status.

Fitzgerald is amazing, there is no doubt about it. But talk to me when he has seasons under his belt of 23, 17, 17, 15, and 13 TD catches. Fitzgerald had 12 this season, a career high.

Fitzgerald is more physical than Moss, no doubt, but Moss has far more speed, is taller, and has better leaping ability. They both have an uncanny ability to attack the ball at its highest point. If Fitzgerald catches 23 TD's next year with an elite quarterback, then you can talk about him being better than Moss.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

rand,
    i hate to be the one that breaks it to you but Calvin has a little ways to go to be talked about as the top WR.... he has the physical gifts to be the best but right now he is behind....

Fitzgerald
    Moss
    Andre Johnson
    then it is arguable between Calvin, Boldin, Marshall, Welker

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

spursfan, did Moss have an affair with your girlfriend or something? Ok, you have a right to consider Fitzgerald the best WR in the league. Nobody is going to discount that he is an incredible receiver. But you absolutely can't discount what Moss has accomplished in his career. Label him soft or whatever, but the man is going to be in the top 3 in every career receiving category there is.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Fitzgerald is a great receiver and should be for years to come, however i'm satisfied with what Randy brings to the table. I'd say he's done well for himself and the Pats and has earned a whole new respect from me. Hate on him all you want but personally i'm happy he's on this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Moss is a future Hall of Fame inductee. Let's see how Fitzy does over the next 8 years before you blow your load. A few nice catches don't make a career.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandBfromNP. Show RandBfromNP's posts

I say that Calvin Johnson should be considered when discussing the elite recievers because he had a great season with Dan who? and daunte shouldnt have even been in the league culpepper i mean look at those numbers...he is doubled all the time and he still pulled those numbers off.
    REC YDS TD AVG LONG

78 1331 12 17.1 96

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandBfromNP. Show RandBfromNP's posts

[Quote]

Calvin is easily a top 5 reciever. He had so much hype coming out of college, that now he is underrated. Great stats, with no other receiving threat on the team and a backup QB at best throwing him the ball.

In no particular order

Fitzgerald
    Andre Johnson
    Calvin Johnson
    Randy Moss
    Steve Smith

Wes Welker is a great receiver also, but he's not a #1 reciever who puts fear in the opposing defense. He is the best #2/slot receiver in the game and compliments Moss very well.

[/Quote]

I agree with that list except for steve smith i just dont get scared when i think he is coming to town...one guy that i think you might be able to throw in there is brandon marshall but im not sure the jury is still out on him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALAN2012. Show ALAN2012's posts

I agree with Rand; Calvin Johnson is the elite wideout in the nfl. He had over 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns this year. Keep in mind that every single team that played the lions had one strategy on defense: Stop Calvin Johnson. Furthermore, the qb's throwing to him were Culpepper and Orlovski.

As for Rebels, I hate to be the one to break it to you but Welker is not in the discussion of elite wide receivers. I am as big of a Patriots fan as they come (and Welker fan) but he's not a number one wideout.