1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Giambi escapes punishment from baseball

How can they punish them when what they did was not illegal. Besides, if they come strong on Giambi, others will go into hiding. At least now we may know who all the cheats are.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

I saw this on the news and wondered if anyone would comment.

I heard Selig on TV justifying his decision to let Giambi walk and it sickened me. To refuse to impose any type of punishment because of his "charitable works" and his "repentence" sickened me. This commissioner is truly a #all-less wonder and should hang his head in shame for not having the stones to stand up for what is right. What he has said is that no matter what laws you break, if you do a little community service and shed a few tears in front of the media, all will be fine.

Gutless.

I

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

While one can applaud his honesty, the fact remains that he cheated in the game of baseball, just like Bonds, McGwire, Palmeiro and Sousa (corked bats and all). I feel more than a half-assed testimonial by the Commissioner is warranted.

As far as not being against the "rules," maybe not but it WAS against the law from the little I have read and heard discussed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

Agreed. We can agree to disagree .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from woobie2. Show woobie2's posts

You are correct that Selig closed his eyes to this years ago while cheering the McGwire/Sousa contest. This fact makes him even more despicable than I had originally thought.

Canseco has made his fortune writing books exposing his fellow players for the steroid use, while he himself was a pioneer in it usage. He is still congratulating himself for bringing this subject to the forefront of the news. Another despicable fraud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from critterc83. Show critterc83's posts

Couldnt agree more with JimfromFlorida, this just shows how bad selig is as a commissioner. Plus, everyone knows if Barry Bonds came forward and did what Giambi did, he would probably be banned from the league and all his records destroyed. Bud Selig based his decision on the fact that Giambi is a good guy in the eyes of Selig. Barry Bonds is not. In selig's eyes, Barry is just a jerk who doesnt deserve any sympathy. I am shocked the owners and the PA havent stepped in and had Selig overthrown for a hardass like Godell or a image conscience guy like Stern. It is the only way baseball is ever going to get cleaned up, because clearly Selig ignored the steroid era while it was going on and now that it is so public he cant even make an example of the players getting in trouble.
    It is just like a sports team. If one player is doing poorly cut him. If the team is doing poorly, fire the coach. Selig is the coach here and since the league is doing poorly, you have to fire Selig. GET RID OF THIS MORON!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

good post pats. steroids have been illegal in mlb since 1991, however, there was no testing until 2005. that being said, yes giambi cheated but i applaud him for coming forward. i think its good that he did not get punished because like someone else mentioned, everyone would go into hiding. if others see that giambi isn't getting punished, you might see others come forward. that wouldn't happen if selig threw the book at him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

I never saw anyone getting arrested for using roids

the guy that went public about roids and admit using it over and over is Canseco

did he went to jail for it? im sure the feds can find enough evidence to lock him up.

in any steroids case you find, its very rare that the person caught with steroids will go to jail (unless they are smuggling them over the border). the police are more interested in finding out who the suppliers are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

This is why major leauge, & I use that term loosely, baseball is a joke. The commisioners office takes forever to make a decision, & invariably, it's the wrong one. I bet Michael Vick wishes he were playing baseball instead of football. "Mike, it was wrong to torture & kill all of those dogs, but you've done charity work so we'll let you slide." They've said that steroids is the commisioners legacy. That's BS. The ability to make the wrong decision time after time, & not do the right thing, is his legacy. He should make the announcement during a news conference dressed like a clown.