1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlm116239. Show hlm116239's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

Does anyone know what the girls soccer top 20 is?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

They don't seem to be available on line and neither are the records. Weird.

The top 20 posted in the Girls' soccer preview on Sept. 7th -

1. A-B * - per AB website currently 5-0-0 with a GD 27 and O GA
    2. W-H *- undefeated (I think)
    3. Oliver Ames
    4. Winchester - lost a key player but still strong
    5. Newburyport
    6. Weymouth - not a strong as advertized but still very good
    7. Framingham - looks to be strong as ever
    8. L-S suffered an unexpected loss to Newton South but generally quite strong
    9. Dedham - struggling this season but tied Weymouth
    10. Masco
    11. Danvers - lost a key player to ACL injury
    12. D-R
    13. Bishop Feehan
    14. Belmont
    15. Marshfield
    16. St. Mary's
    17. Reading
    18. Sacred Heart
    19. Westford - should move up
    20. Arlington - finding DCL a bit more difficult than expected
    *Both A-B and W-H are playing without their national pool players. These teams are either the real deal - deep and capable - or they have very easy schedules. Both teams have some other headliners for sure (Petta, Wagner, Jensen, eg.) AB has not yet faced the strongest teams in their league, not sure about W-H.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hlm116239. Show hlm116239's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

wow i find some of those rankings pretty suprising. i know teams in the middlesex league pretty well and from what i have seen so far this season when we have played winchester i dont think that they are nearly as strong as they have been in the past, and without kayla austin they are nothing. theyre defense is very flat and beatable and theyre goaltending is not very strong. i also think that from when we have played both belmont and reading belmont didnt look as strong as usual and they probably shouldnt be that high and reading is looking pretty good..there is a good chance that the league title this year will be a fight between winchester and reading..any other thoughts on anyone else?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

[Quote]wow i find some of those rankings pretty suprising. i know teams in the middlesex league pretty well and from what i have seen so far this season when we have played winchester i dont think that they are nearly as strong as they have been in the past, and without kayla austin they are nothing. theyre defense is very flat and beatable and theyre goaltending is not very strong. i also think that from when we have played both belmont and reading belmont didnt look as strong as usual and they probably shouldnt be that high and reading is looking pretty good..there is a good chance that the league title this year will be a fight between winchester and reading..any other thoughts on anyone else?[/Quote]

The first top 20 is usually based on the end of the prior season and it takes a few weeks to sort itself out. Of course even then there are teams that one can argue about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

duplicate

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

[Quote]Pembroke it is obvious you havent seen A-B, Framingham or Whitman- Hanson. These are the top 3 teams in the state right now. No offense to any of the very good teams, but these three are clearly a cut above.[/Quote]

Pitch fan was responding to a comment by a Pembroke fan that was subsequently deleted by the Moderator. That's why it doesn't make sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

[Quote]AB is good, but overrated. Their size is honestly their redeeming quality. Any top 20 will contend with them.[/Quote]

What do you mean their size? The size of their school or the players? All four teams you've commented on have very good records.

Marshfield 7-0-2 (Atlantic Coast)
    Duxbury 7-1-0 (Patriot)
    W-H 8-0-0 (Patriot)
    A-B 11-0-0 (DCL) - includes game against RI state champion LaSalle

Do you feel Atlantic coast is more competative than Patriot and DCL? Have you seen these teams play or are you just being a Marshfield fan when you comment on W-H and A-B?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

Here's the new top 20 posted this evening

1. Acton-Boxboro 11-0-0
    2. Whitman-Hanson 7-0-0
    3. Winchester 8-0-0
    4. Danvers 10-0-0
    5. Bishop Feehan 8-0-0
    6. Masconomet 7-0-0
    7. Framingham 7-1-0
    8. Newburyport 8-0-1
    9. Central Catholic 8-0-1
    10. Reading 7-1-0
    11. Cardinal Spellman 10-0-0
    12. Peabody 8-2-0
    13. Marshfield 7-0-2
    14. Newton South 5-1-2
    15. Weymouth 5-2-3
    16. Mansfield 5-0-2
    17. Oliver Ames 7-1-2
    18. Lincoln-Sudbury 6-2-0
    19. Duxbury 6-1-0
    20. Plymouth North 7-2-2

Updated: Sunday, Oct. 5, 2008, 6:28 p.m.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

[Quote]

I've played against all of those teams. Plus, I play club with some of the other teams' players (including LaSalle). The ACL is definitely more competative than the Patriot - we play half those teams in non-league games.[/Quote]

What was the score of the Marshfield AB game? It's not posted in the Globe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

Here's a link to the soccer blog about this team. The players seem like regular goofy kids. The Mewises get a lot of attention because they're sisters and combine for so many points.

http://ynt-ussoccer.blogspot.com/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

[Quote]

lady rams didn't "tear apart" W-H...lost 2-0..

[/Quote]

Nope and according to the MIAA list, they didn't play AB either as ladyramss maintained. Trash talking with nothing to back it up. 11-4-3 according to the Globe. Compare this to 1 loss for WH and 1 tie for AB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

[Quote]marshfield played AB at a needham jamboree. & ask anyone who went to the wh-mhs game. the score means nothing. mhs played so much better.[/Quote]

You do realize that many if not most teams go to the jamboree and play bubble players to determine who gets cut, don't you? Doesn't Marshfield do the same?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

[Quote]

In Div 1N I have Framingham Vs Masco in PK's in the final-pick em. Div 1S I have Weymouth, Div 2N Belmont is my longshot pick. The winner of Wellesly Vs C. Spellman will take Div 2S.
    Thoughts...
    Comments...

[/Quote]

I think it's a mistake to overlook AB and Winchester. AB has allowed TWO goals so far this season. Winchester has allowed only 5 goals. Compare that to Framingham-9, Lexington 7, Andover -18, Masco - 16, Westford- 7 (They have a great keeper) or Peabody - ove 10. These goals allowed are from the Globe with some games missing but I suspect they show the trend pretty well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

Masco is out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrapa-. Show scrapa-'s posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

Nice to see the MIAA is up to its old ineptitude...for the 2d year in a row Framingham plays AB at AB in a neutral site affair. Apparently the MIAA didn't expect the #3 team in the nation to make it to the 3d round of the tourney, so they were awarded the neutral site.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mastermou. Show Mastermou's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

Let's hope if AB prevails against Framingham that the Div 1N final won't also be at AB - like last year. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that AB's AD is the only District A rep for soccer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

[Quote]

These are my predictions, and I think Framingham will prevail. That is not to say Winchester or AB isn't that good, or that I overlooked their records. AB was the state champs last year, I saw them play and I know how good they can be. Winchester, i have not seen play but based on teams they have, I know they are a formidable team. Framingham pushes through and represents D1 North.

[/Quote]
    Both framingham and Masco are out. Div. 1 North final is AB v. Westford.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

The Westford-AB game will be a close one if Westford maintains their recent level of play. The prior two matches were each decided by one goal (AB's). AB has more firepower than most teams and they should test Westford's excellent keeper mightily if they play their game and forget about reverting to the defensive formation that seemed to cause them problems in the Framingham game. It should be a great match!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soccerkid. Show soccerkid's posts

Girls Soccer Top 20

AB 4 - Westford 0 - a bit of a surprise.