1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Hello? Globe? Mind Taking a Look at Your Boards?

They must not be paying attention. That's all I can figure. From last Spring Trainging to the one, the boards here have gotten exponentially worse. And it's the fault of only four or five IP addresses. The Globe could fix this problem rather quickly if they wanted to. And not by blocking Law's 291st different profile name. It's shameful, especially since the vast majority of people on this board actually want to discuss real baseball topics. Instead, we have endless posts and discussions about how bad this 95 win per season team is, how bad the management sucks, how everyone who thinks this team will win a single game this year is a Theo Chick, etc. etc.. Please mods, do something about it. I like the Globe, but the boards are atrocious. So many people would be thankful if you simply cleaned the boards of half a dozen people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

Right on!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dukeos. Show Dukeos's posts

Agreed 100%! I sent them 3 mails already, but apparently nobody really cares. I rarely post, but I use to read a lot... But recently, even reading has become ugly. That's a shame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Freedom of speech people. Law can say all he wants.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Agreed, all. Even Crono, Law can say all he wants.

He just doesn't really say anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pppggg. Show pppggg's posts

you also have a right to be stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

they also have the freedom to ban him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeD10299. Show MikeD10299's posts

Want to get rid of Law, quit responding to him. He's a joke to begin with and anyone who deals with him deserves what they get.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I must confess, I sometimes weaken and respond to the fool. Then I realize it just adds fuel to the fire. It's a weakness others fall prey to. Got to just learn to igonore those who really have no desire for any honest give and take.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Respectfully I would like to remind all and sundry that the New York Times couldn't care less what folks talk about on this board, so long as the discourse is marginally civil. It's all about hits. Hits sell advertising and if the advertising dries up, you won't have to worry about the trolls, because you won't have a board at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

[Quote]I must confess, I sometimes weaken and respond to the fool. Then I realize it just adds fuel to the fire. It's a weakness others fall prey to. Got to just learn to igonore those who really have no desire for any honest give and take.[/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

[Quote]I must confess, I sometimes weaken and respond to the fool. Then I realize it just adds fuel to the fire. It's a weakness others fall prey to. Got to just learn to igonore those who really have no desire for any honest give and take.[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

I know what you're saying. I tell people to not respond and then I sometimes in a weak moment give him (Law) a good bashing myself. This message board has gone to sh** though. There was a time where people could actually talk baseball. Whenever they changed the format I believe that it only encouraged stupid troll threads. I enjoyed this board whenever you could look at your email and actually see whenever someone responded to your post. Those were the good old days.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Hey you guys would be much happier over at allredsoxfansthinkthesame.com There wouldnt be many interesting conversations if everyone thought the same.

Go sox 09

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[Quote]Respectfully I would like to remind all and sundry that the New York Times couldn't care less what folks talk about on this board, so long as the discourse is marginally civil. It's all about hits. Hits sell advertising and if the advertising dries up, you won't have to worry about the trolls, because you won't have a board at all.[/Quote]

The saddest thing about that is its truthfulness. They don't care. As I had said, it's a shame.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You also have the ability to just not read and/or respond to idiots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[Quote]

Hey you guys would be much happier over at allredsoxfansthinkthesame.com There wouldnt be many interesting conversations if everyone thought the same.

Go sox 09

[/Quote]

No one is saying that everyone should think the same, only that there be civil, respectful discussion. If you happen to think the GM is doing a good job, you should not be subjected to abuse for saying so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[Quote][Quote]

Go sox 09

[/Quote]

No one is saying that everyone should think the same, only that there be civil, respectful discussion. If you happen to think the GM is doing a good job, you should not be subjected to abuse for saying so.[/Quote]

which is, of course, exactly what users are being subjected to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

This winter was particularly brutal. Good baseball threads were ruined by the same guys arguing the same positions over and over. You couldnt find a thread thru all the garbage threads that were out there. Theo chicks should be banned. Its childish and stupid. Hopefully the start of the season will clean things up, and give us a lot more to talk about. I like the way things are going so far. Pitching looks good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Nothing like a good offensive explosion to get Red Sox Nation into the spirit of spring training. How can life be bad when the Sox score two touchdowns?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigDTex. Show BigDTex's posts

These msg boards are horrible all around. The boston.com domain is the slowest on the web. I have a T1 line and the page latency especially on these boards is abysmal. Don't even get me going on the clunky usability of this forum; it was relaunched not too long ago resulting in a giant step backward. boston.com doesn't care.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]Freedom of speech people. Law can say all he wants.[/Quote]

So, if you want to have a conversation with a friend, someone next to you gets to yell constantly?

Or if you're in a movie theatre, the guy behind you gets to say the same thing over and over so that you can't enjoy the movie?

Get re-acquainted with freedom of speech. It's important.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[Quote]

Go sox 09
    [/Quote]

True, but having someone post 'Theo Chciks' and Pink Hats' 1000-2000 times is not particularly interesting either, I'd rather have 10 threads with 15 different posts in them, than 10 threads with 200 posts all saying 'Theo sucks'.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[Quote]

So, if you want to have a conversation with a friend, someone next to you gets to yell constantly?

Or if you're in a movie theatre, the guy behind you gets to say the same thing over and over so that you can't enjoy the movie?

Get re-acquainted with freedom of speech. It's important.
    [/Quote] WELL SAID JOEBREIDEY !!!!! ONLY PROBLEM, SOME OF OUR READERS/WRITERS ARE WAITING FOR "THE BIG O", JOE BIDEN, NANCY PELOSI, AND B A R N E Y TO MAKE THE RULES ON THESE BOARDS......... IN A FREE MARKET, FREE COUNTRY, FREE SPEECH , ONE CAN PICK IF THEY WANT TO PLAY, RESPOND, OR INTERACT AT ALL !! AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN " !!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[Quote]Respectfully I would like to remind all and sundry that the New York Times couldn't care less what folks talk about on this board, so long as the discourse is marginally civil. It's all about hits. Hits sell advertising and if the advertising dries up, you won't have to worry about the trolls, because you won't have a board at all.[/Quote]

Agree "prairiemike", and also it just might have something to do with "New York Times" which is enough to turn me off.