1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Here's what Moss is thinking:

You heard it first here...

Moss is whispering to himself that he is too valuable to risk getting injured for this "lost" season!

This is why he ducks out of bounds early to avoid a hit, pulls his hands in for a contested catch, stays on his feet when a defender rips the ball from his hands, drops ANOTHER ball as he "hits" the ground after a ginger run, and love-taps a tackler at arms length to "help out" a teammate trying to get yards after a good catch.

Maybe Moss thinks Pats fans are too dumb to notice. I just hope Coach is still in charge in that locker room.

And yes, Cassel needs to truly try to be like Tom Brady by keeping his eyes down field when the pocket is collapsing, so as not to miss OPEN receivers (and I don't mean Moss).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Do you really think that other NFL teams still "fear" Randy Moss, just because he got one long bomb in SF?

No, they are going to see how SD treated him like a wimp, and simply out-aggressive Moss at his own game.

Come on, Pats. This season is far from over, but gutsy changes must be made!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

And yes, I'd be up for a more gutsy O'Connell... unless, of course, he throws a pick. Then we'll all say we knew he shouldn't be in there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

If other NFL teams didn't fear Moss then why is he still being double teamed??? When they don't double him he beats the defense deep as was shown on MULTIPLE occassions last night but once again Cassel fails to make the needed throw. You wanna replace Moss who you gonna put in his place? Jabar Gaffney? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Keep dreaming. Moss isn't the problem. Your Defense, O-line and QB ALL STINK and thus your team, at this point and time STINKS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Actually, Moss was NOT double-teamed all night. When his cover intercepted a pass intended for Moss, it was single coverage. And Moss barely tried to wrestle it away.

Moss needs to wake up to the fact that Tom Brady made him a star, not the other way around. Now that TB is out, Moss has to WORK!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dstanek. Show dstanek's posts

I think Moss along with the rest of the patriots need to step up but Moss had his guy burned on atleast 2 occasions that would have resulted in TD's if Brady was throwing the ball. It's hard for Moss to be Moss when he has Cassel throwing him the ball

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

Exactly DS! I watched the game too and Moss was open on more than a few occassions. Now in Cassel's defense the offensive line isn't giving him alot of time to throw the ball but, Cassel IS a career backup so I don't expect Moss to produce much the rest of the season and neither should you Pat's fans. So Concord, stop blaming Moss for the failures of your QB and O-line. If you don't like the way Moss is playing lobby the Pats to trade Moss to Philly. Fans like you don't deserve a player like Moss playing for your team. As for Tom Brady making him a star I suggest you do some research before making such a ridiculous statement. Moss put up comparable numbers in Minn with less talented QB's so stop riding Brady's jock. Did Brady put up 50 TD's before Moss arrived? Didn't think so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

Yo, Marley, while you have been watching the Eagles, I have been watching the Patriots. Moss put out for Tom Brady. He has not yet put out for Cassel, but for one straight-down-the-field sprint in SF.

Unlike you, I am a Pats fan. My comments are intended to support my team - by critical comments - not to tear them down.

And did you forget how Moss moped around in Oakland, which is why he was considered to only be worth the trade of some late-round draft pick. Hello! Moss knows how to mope when he feels he won't be put in the spotlight.

I want Moss slapped upside the head, so that he will be as good as HE can be! As of yet, the world does not know how good that is, without TB throwing to him.

And btw, before Moss, Tom Brady had to win a Superbowl with backup receivers. And he did! Who is your QB? I can't think of the name.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

Brady is a great QB. Randy Moss was a great receiver BEFORE he got to N.E. I'm getting tired of you N.E. fans pretending Brady made Moss the receiver he is. Randy Moss has been a great receiver his entire career. Yeah he moped in Oakland who wouldn't? Forget the the fact he had sorry QBs throwing him the ball(Aaron Brooks & Kerry Collins) just look at the team and organization as a whole. Nuff said and btw I 'm a Raiders fan. Moss doesn't require "the spotlight" as you suggested. He just wants to win period. T.O. he is not. Yeah N.E. got him for cheap last year but if N.E. decided to trade him to another team right now would he go for the same price? Thought so. So the world already knows how great of a receiver he is. You're the only one asleep and not paying attention. I only brought up philly cause that was his destination in the offseason before your front office wised up. If he was such a liability as you now try to make him out to be why did your front office give him his cash? Thought so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Im lost on this thread, what are you guys even arguing? I think we all know Brady is Brady and Moss is awesome, the guy made culpepper an all pro hahaha and now Dante is out of football. Nuff said. Brady 3 rings with no big name receievers nuff said, They get together they break the td record. Moving on... This thread is running in circles

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Yup, Moss was terrific before Brady---no doubt. And as to his less than 100% effort, this seems to be a whole team problem---or is it that there are just too many weak spots on this 2008 team>> think it a combo of the two, esp in these one-sided losses. All this is not to say that Moss--and others, could not step it up a bit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Moss certainly didn't give the impression that he was giving 100% last night...at least not to me. Two balls were pretty much spot on, yet he let the DB slap it away. I think with more effort he could have at least fought the DB for it! Yet he waited for it to fall in his hands. Moss is a great WR, and was before he came to NE. But with Brady he was even better (just like Brady was better with Moss than with guys like Branch and Caldwell. It just seems to me (and evidently to quite a few others here) that everyone seemed to lose a bit of heart when Tom went down. Whether the playcalling is lacking, or the schemes aren't working, or it's just newer guys unaccustomed to it all, they all look like they're going through the motions half the time. Whatever the root cause is they need to fix it and get their "swaggger" back. If they don't this season is doomed to mediocrity at best. But I'm not "crying", just voicing my opinion! I'll still cheer for the guys even if they go 5-11. I can remember when five wins was considered an improvement! I just think these guys look like they're not really into it. If it's Cassel who cannot lead the team (though we would not hear anything about it from the locker room), maybe they do need a change. But both O'Connell and Guiterrez have no leadership experience at this level. I'm not sure this is the correct direction. Whatever, I'm just like every other fan, I hate to see them lose. Let us be glad cooler heads prevail in Foxboro. They would have cut half the roster if they were taking our advice here! Let's hope they get it together for at least a run at a wild card. I'm also curious at how well the fans and team would deal with Volek in SD, Sorgi in Indy, Johnson in Dallas, or David Carr in NY! Probably as much "hand-wringing" and "doomsaying" would be going on at their boards in those situations as we have here! And unless the defense gets it's act together, I don't even consider Cassel the weak link!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

brady used to say that he just threw the ball as far as he could and let moss run it down. cassel is thowing it to moss and he can't use his speed to outrun the cb.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I have to agree with Concord. I saw on at least 2 occassions Moss not make an effort for a catchable ball. He was in single coverage and well covered, but had an even shot at catching the ball but did not even put his hands up or adjust his route to make the attempt. That is not the Randy Moss I saw last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Texas,
    Think back for a minute to the regular season game against the Giants last year when Moss made a tremendous effort on a catch that was eventually ruled out of bounds in the end zone.
    Juxtapose that with the effort you saw yesterday and tell me if you think Randy has any confidence in his QB.

Welker is visibly upset over missed completions. Has anybody seen Gaffney? Try the nearest milk container cause he's missing!
    Don't get me started on the CB's and Defense.
    We brought in Deltha O'Neil among others to help stem the issues we're having in the defensive backfield and he sucks. To quote Ellis Hobbs, AKA Little Man Lost "We knew what they were going to do, but we couldn't stop it."

Am I mistaken, or did we not draft and sign free agent LB's who are athletic and young (notice the operative word here) to shore up the aging LB core. Yet we can't generate any pressure on the QB.
    Well this begs the question, why aren't these LB's on the field?

Another poster mentioned this and I have to agree. Brady's injury sucked the life out of this team. The worst part is he wasn't replaced by a QB who seems to have the skill set or buy in from his teammates that he can get the job done. The end result is what we're going to see for the rest of this season or until Bill makes some productive adjustments and there is a change in temperament.
    Don't be fooled into to thinking the teams in this league aren't paying attention.
    paob.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

The point is that EVERY Patriot player needs to dig deeper and make up the slack brought on by Tom Brady's season-ending injury. What I am seeing in Moss is the opposite. Moss seems to have an attitude that he is too valuable and too breakable to risk injury before TB returns. That is NOT what we need.

Do you remember the years we would win by a strip-fumble, a homegrown snowstorm, one key interception, solid defense? The league has more tricks now, but those fundamentals needs to be there too.

Come on, Randy, show us what you got NOW, not yesteryear or next year!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Moss is the man and the whole team has been dogging it not just him so dont single him out and try and turn him into a T.O. when he is not, Moss has done nothing but act like a classy guy since he came to NE and those of you trying to turn him into something he is not are spoiled. I do agree that Moss did not make the play when i thought he would a few times this year but none of you are coaches and none of you break down film so you really have no idea what caused it, so yea maybe he didnt make the effort OR maybe there was a legit reason why he didnt try harder to make the play unless you break down the film you wont know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

come-on guys i didnt know you can read my mind-LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajinflorida. Show ajinflorida's posts

[Quote]Cssell sucks...thast what Moss is thinking - its the same thing all the recievers are thinking, its the same thing all Pats fans are thinking - I just wish Bill Belichick would start thinking it too.[/Quote]

RIGHT ON BRO - it wll take about 10 games more before BB sees the light. He ain't the quickest one to get what the fans already know.