1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I can't believe it!

[Quote]

Who cares?[/Quote]

Anyone like me who is tired of all the inciteful (but not insightful) threads you start!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I can't believe it!

Something is wrong with this picture.

Coco Crisp was brought to Boston to be our starting centerfielder and bat leadoff, they traded away a very good catching prospect( Shoppach) to get him here.

He was a huge disappointment, never hit anywhere near what was expected and his greatest claim to fame was the left hook delivered to the head of James Shields.

Meanwhile , most of Red Sox fandom continues to speak about Manny Ramirez as if his 8 years were 8 years of lack of effort ( not at all true). Ramirez was the catalyst of the offense, the clutch playoff hitter that we never had in '67, '75 and '86.

Coco was pretty much of a dud.

Yet we should wish the guy who was a dud luck and shower him with love, while we relentlessly bash the other player and wish him ill fortune, the player who performed his job as expected and was the centerpiece of two World Series champions?

Coco is just another player to pass through here, 10 years from now he might be the answer to a trivia question or two, and the casual fan who watched a game here and there won't even remember him.

I don't wish him any bad luck , but I can't bring myself to be concerned much about him at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BLRob. Show BLRob's posts

I can't believe it!

It's Coco's defense that will be missed.

If Drew goes down, we'll be looking to Rocco (who can't play back-to-back games), Kotsay (just had back surgery), Jeff Bailey, Chris Carter or Brad Wilkerson...

Bailey and Carter have some pop, but we'll never have a bterr defense than when Coco was in CF and Jacoby was in RF.

The Bottom Line blog

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I can't believe it!

[Quote]It's Coco's defense that will be missed.

If Drew goes down, we'll be looking to Rocco (who can't play back-to-back games), Kotsay (just had back surgery), Jeff Bailey, Chris Carter or Brad Wilkerson...

Bailey and Carter have some pop, but we'll never have a bterr defense than when Coco was in CF and Jacoby was in RF.

The Bottom Line blog[/Quote]

IMO there was better defense when Coco was in CF, Ellsbury in LF and Drew in RF. But was that enough offense?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I can't believe it!

The notion that he was tanking until a contract year, now isn't that the Union way.

Uh, no. That would be the MANNY way.