1. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2005-. Show law2005-'s posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

[Quote]Yanks been shopping this winter at Bloomingdales, the Sox at the Brimfield flea market. They could have signed all these retreads (including Wake) or they could have signed CC...which would of equaled roughly what they will pay these AARP types this year and other years if they pick up the options...The Sox dont need depth - they need impact players -particularly on offense. I've been a fan of Theo's but this off-season has been a disaster and a joke.[/Quote]

"...this offseason has been a disaster and a joke..."
    "...the Sox don't need depth, they need impact players...particularly on offense..."

DING DING DING!

Total agreement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2005-. Show law2005-'s posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Sorry I'm not paying much attention to ramekap's IDIOTIC attempt to elevate Jason Bay to Manny Ramirez status with his 'stats'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2005-. Show law2005-'s posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

[Quote]
    [/Quote]

Are you done? What else do I need to create so you can do your 2nd grade plagiarism act? Manny didn't power the Red Sox to BOTH world titles? Jason Bay would have filled in nicely for Manny in 2004 and 07? Are you nuts? Theo chick, your insanity is showing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny
    Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny Manny

There.
    I've think he's been mentioned enough now, considering he doesn't play in
    Boston. And never really wanted to from the start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2005-. Show law2005-'s posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Yeah Theo Chick...the Red Sox played so much better in 2008 without Manny Ramirez that the same team that won it all with Manny in 2007 DIDN'T.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

It's 2009.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

I 've been a Sox fan since 1947 I have watched Ted Willams, Jackie Jensen, and all the other big stars. I was there in 1967 to watch the Sox beat Minn. What we have now is a front office willing to put the best personel on the field. WE won the world series with these people, don't disrepect them' enjoy what they bring to this city.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

You have to realize that Law is Boras's publicist so that none of his clients including the quitter Manny and the washed up Tek can doing anything wrong. Of course like all whining pink hats he has no recollection of how the FO was before Theo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Law; Where is Manny now since he played out his option Screwing the Sox to get a new contract? Gas is up so am I Guess what ? gas is down so is he!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

[Quote]Yeah Theo Chick...the Red Sox played so much better in 2008 without Manny Ramirez that the same team that won it all with Manny in 2007 DIDN'T.[/Quote]

Flaw you are Idiotic:

Lowell in '07: 14 gm .353 avg. .410 OBP 2 HR 15 RBI

Kotsay in '08: 10 gm .250 avg. .250 OBP 0 HR 0 RBI

Papi in '07: 14 gm .370 avg. .508 OBP 3 HR 10 RBI

Papi in '08: 11 gm .186 avg. .327 OBP 1 HR 5 RBI

Beckett in '07: 4 GS 4-0 1.20 ERA

Beckett in '08: 3 GS 1-0 8.79 ERA

No clue about the game Manny chick. No Manny had NOTHING to do w/ us not winning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

but he played in high school AND college. that gives license to know better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Bay in 11 playoff games on a team that lost in game 7 of the ALCS was better than Manny in 12 playoff games for a team that lost game 7 of the ALCS in 03. Just the stats. It's not all about Manny. Anyone who says put Manny on our roster and we win it all... and ignores the fact that Beckett/Papi and Lowell were hurt is a classic ignorant troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brooklynyanqui. Show brooklynyanqui's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

The only thing that can save the Sox is re-signing Manny. He's out there, available. All Theo has to do is eat a little crow. Is he man enough to do that? We shall see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andre10056. Show andre10056's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

I'm tired of people illogically claiming that the Sox didn't win the 2008 World Series because Lester was off his game or that Beckett was injured or that Lowell was injured forcing the Sox to play Kotsay who left 29 people on base versus Tampa or that Manny wasn't on the team.

To me, it's quite clear why the Sox could not get past the Rays. During 2007, the Sox had Kielty. During 2008, they did not. At the risk of being called a Kielty chick (which I freely admit to being), I hereby declare to the world that the Red Sox would have won the 2008 World Series if Theo the Evil One had not mercilessly done away with Kielty.

Isn't it obvious that the difference between the 2007 World Series championship team and the 2008 also rans was Kielty?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

I should have posted this earlier, but my knee hurt and I couldn't get to the computer.

Manny has left the building.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

pretty funny andre

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brarrell. Show brarrell's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

[Quote]

2004 and 2007 are starting to get a bit distant in the rear view and Theo bungled away 2008 with a team that should have won it all. Now its 2009 and Theo's personnel moves have made the Sox even weaker than the team that didn't win it all last year. How many more of these seasons does Theo get to get away with? Are you still going to be cheering about the past when Papelbon and Youk leave next year? Are they also self-important, poisonous players in the Sox clubhouse because they won't take Theo's crap either?
    Think man...think.

When will you finally acknowledge that Paps and Youk can only leave after next year if the Sox send THEM packing? They aren't FAs until 2010, 2011 for Paps. Who says you have to sign every guy to a longterm deal two or more years before they are FAs? Some say Youk needs to have another super year until he hits pay dirt. Paps can spout off, but he should remember he is still a youngster and the system isn't there just to pay him. He'll get a deal soon enough.

When the Sox give all their arbitration-eligible guys big contracts, how many complaints will come that now they can't afford to pay for big FAs?

Can't have it all ways. Teams remain competitive by maxing out the youngsters before having to pay, and then the money flows, and then few teams can afford to keep em. Sometimes the future is considered when the coice is made not to give contracts to team-controlled players.[/Quote]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Great post. The Flaw Youk/Paps FA screw-up is hilarious.

Saying Theo bungled away 2008 is a massive lie. Injuries ruined the season. Nothing more.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

[Quote]Yanks been shopping this winter at Bloomingdales, the Sox at the Brimfield flea market. They could have signed all these retreads (including Wake) or they could have signed CC...which would of equaled roughly what they will pay these AARP types this year and other years if they pick up the options...[/Quote]

Let's just see how this works:

Sox free agent pitchers:
    1. Wakefield -- 4 Million
    2. Penny -- 5 million - 8 if he produces like Burnett
    3. Smoltz -- 5 million - 10 if he produces like Smoltz
    4. Saito -- 2 million -- possible 7 if he reaches incentives
    The sums up to a total of $16 million to a maximum of $29 million

1. Sabathia - $23 million -- average for 7 Years
    The sums uo to a total of $23 million -- for one player!!

Now if the Sox free agents meet their incentives that would indicate they are getting production from 3 starters and 1 potential closer/set up man at almost the price of a single starter. That would also indicate that the Sox are likely in a better starting rotation position than other teams as they could be getting positive results from all 5 or 6 starters.

If the Sox free agents don't pan out the investment is a around 2/3 of the commitment the Yankees have made to Sabathia!

So Georom your post is not even close to be accurate! And I didn't even get to the possibility that Sabathia could also get hurt and the impact THAT will have on the Yankees chances of making the postseason!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcoIslandFla. Show MarcoIslandFla's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

TedYaz spends his whole day between the Patriots and Red Sox forums in an effort to annoy as many Boston fans as possible because that brings him to e-orgasm. When you feed him by wasting 20 minutes of you life with your time and mental energy, what you are doing is giving him energy to continue his game. Isn't it a better use of your time to clean up the kitchen or walk your dog? Why must you enable this idiot?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Law keeps mentioning that Manny is a first ballot HOF'er as if that lends credence to his notion that we couldn't win the 2004 & 2007 championships without him. A-Rod is also a first ballot HOF'er, but that doesn't seem to have helped the Yankees in the postseason at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billsrul. Show billsrul's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Wow. All this talk about the "difference" between winning the World Series and not winning the WOrld Series. You know what most of that "difference" is called? Luck. IN the playoffs, you are taking two teams which are very close in skill (all pro teams in a sport have nearly equal skill, then take two of the best teams in the sport and play them off; the skill difference is even smaller....). Looking at it statistically, maybe the best team in the playoffs has a 55% chance or so of winning each playoff game against the weaker playoff teams. Probably even less than that, as baseball seems to be a "streaky" game where teams go hot and cold. Add all of these factors together and you end up with a postseason that is nearly a coin flip. Maybe the Sox, being (IMO) the best team in MLB had a 20% or so of winning the World Series going in, but the bottom line is, the postseason in baseball is essentially a series of coin flips. Being the better team gives you a slight advantage, but in no way guarantees a title. The Sox lost in 2008 because the ball just didn't bounce their way when it had to, they missed on some close calls by the umpires, etc. Also, the Rays players were just a little hotter than the Sox players when it counted.

Look at the past 5 years champs' and tell me if the best team won.

2004: Red Sox (not too bad, but Cardinals were probably more deserving)
    2005: White Sox (joke)
    2006: Cardinals (biggest joke ever, 16-18 teams were more deserving of a playoff spot than the Cards, let alone a World Series)
    2007: Red Sox (deserving)
    2008: Phillies (not the best team, but deserving of a playoff berth; Cubs were the best team in baseball)

I'd say the Cards were the best team in 2004, though the Red Sox were probably 2nd best.

The WHite Sox in 2005 should not have won, in fact they shouldn't even have won their division. Talk about lucky...that team won in large part because they had about 12 guys put together career years at the same time. Also, they were a ridiculous 35-19 in 1-run games, while the Indians were 22-36. I'd say the Cards were probably the best team in 2005 as well...

The Cardinals in 2006 might be the biggest World Series champ jokes ever? 83 wins, in by far the weakest division in baseball. This team wasn't even an average team, but they got a stroke of luck at the right time and managed to sneak through and win the World Series.. Anybody in the AL deserved to win that championship, but no way the Cardinals did. The fact that David Eckstein won World Series MVP just shows how much of a joke that postseason was.

The 2007 Red Sox actually deserved to win the Series. They won a very tough division (I would say that the Yankees were actually the 2nd best team in baseball that year; the Blue jays were also very good....)

I would say that 2008's best team would be the Cubs, though the Red Sox and Rays would have had an argument as well.

My point is that the best team doesn't always win. All the FO can really do is get you to the playoffs. Winning the World Series takes mostly luck, and partly building a team that is "suited to beat other playoff teams" (high OBP guys, high K pitchers, etc...)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcoIslandFla. Show MarcoIslandFla's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Law most probably was a huge Nomar, Pedro, and Damon fan. Am I right Law or perhaps he is a Yankee fan. A true Red Sox fan cannot live in the past, you can relish the past and watch your videos of the 2004 miracle and the 2007 WS championship, but you must move on for continual success. If you lose the 2008 ALCS in the 7th game with a tired, injured tam, live with it, there is no reason to strike out like a child and blame it on one person, that is juvenile. Law does not represent RSN, most RSN fans are more mature than Law is. When did RSN become so spoiled and so intolerant and impatient. Why do RSN folks who identify with Law think that the Red Sox are as rich as the Yankees are. The YES / Yankee audience has 10 times more population than the NESN / Red Sox audience has. Isn't it more fun rooting for the underdog and doing it the hard, smart wat like Tampa Bay didit?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

Marco, Tedyaz is scum no doubt and the dumbets troll on all boards, ready w/ a stupid jab the 2nd something bad happens... but nobody is really responding to him, they are just having convo's about the recent moves and shutting up Flaw, the troll who unlike Yaz will carry on forever w/ theo hate

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Is Theo snorting crack?

[Quote]Wow. All this talk about the "difference" between winning the World Series and not winning the WOrld Series. You know what most of that "difference" is called? Luck. IN the playoffs, you are taking two teams which are very close in skill (all pro teams in a sport have nearly equal skill, then take two of the best teams in the sport and play them off; the skill difference is even smaller....). Looking at it statistically, maybe the best team in the playoffs has a 55% chance or so of winning each playoff game against the weaker playoff teams. Probably even less than that, as baseball seems to be a "streaky" game where teams go hot and cold. Add all of these factors together and you end up with a postseason that is nearly a coin flip. Maybe the Sox, being (IMO) the best team in MLB had a 20% or so of winning the World Series going in, but the bottom line is, the postseason in baseball is essentially a series of coin flips. Being the better team gives you a slight advantage, but in no way guarantees a title. The Sox lost in 2008 because the ball just didn't bounce their way when it had to, they missed on some close calls by the umpires, etc. Also, the Rays players were just a little hotter than the Sox players when it counted.

Look at the past 5 years champs' and tell me if the best team won.

2004: Red Sox (not too bad, but Cardinals were probably more deserving)
    2005: White Sox (joke)
    2006: Cardinals (biggest joke ever, 16-18 teams were more deserving of a playoff spot than the Cards, let alone a World Series)
    2007: Red Sox (deserving)
    2008: Phillies (not the best team, but deserving of a playoff berth; Cubs were the best team in baseball)

I'd say the Cards were the best team in 2004, though the Red Sox were probably 2nd best.

The WHite Sox in 2005 should not have won, in fact they shouldn't even have won their division. Talk about lucky...that team won in large part because they had about 12 guys put together career years at the same time. Also, they were a ridiculous 35-19 in 1-run games, while the Indians were 22-36. I'd say the Cards were probably the best team in 2005 as well...

The Cardinals in 2006 might be the biggest World Series champ jokes ever? 83 wins, in by far the weakest division in baseball. This team wasn't even an average team, but they got a stroke of luck at the right time and managed to sneak through and win the World Series.. Anybody in the AL deserved to win that championship, but no way the Cardinals did. The fact that David Eckstein won World Series MVP just shows how much of a joke that postseason was.

The 2007 Red Sox actually deserved to win the Series. They won a very tough division (I would say that the Yankees were actually the 2nd best team in baseball that year; the Blue jays were also very good....)

I would say that 2008's best team would be the Cubs, though the Red Sox and Rays would have had an argument as well.

My point is that the best team doesn't always win. All the FO can really do is get you to the playoffs. Winning the World Series takes mostly luck, and partly building a team that is "suited to beat other playoff teams" (high OBP guys, high K pitchers, etc...)[/Quote]

Good post. The only thing I disagree with is that I don't think you're being fair to the 2005 White Sox. Of course it was a case of a team getting hot at the right time, but when you run the table like that losing only 1 game in the postseason, you're the deserving champion in my opinion.