1. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

It would have been nice, but the Sox never needed him. For $23 million we can fill two or three holes we actually need to fill.

Teixeira's stats are slightly better than Jason Bay's.

This is NO BIG DEAL. There are other players and the Sox will be great in 2009. No worries. Get off the bridge. It ain't worth it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

I wanted Teixeira here as much as anyone, but we didn't get him so we move on. IMO, the Yanks are now 1/3 in signings that make sense to me. They overpaid for CC and outbid themselves and overpaid for AJ when the guy hasn't been healthy his entire career.

Now, they have a hitter. Good for them.

Next.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

Agree 100% baseballdiamond.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

I agree too . Although I am sick and tired of the swooping in last minute and stealing players last Minute . F them. Here's to Hoping The Stienbrenners all choke on Candy Canes the next few days. ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

Def-Con 3 ... This makes it all the sweeter ... Use the $$ to sign Bay and Youk .. Sign another starter, I prefer Sheets but Lowe will be fine, sign Baldelli and go get us 2 catchers. I still say AJ won't stay healthy and CC is due for an injury from all the over-use.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

Time to Focus on trading for Salty ! and signing Tek.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

You're paying first class ticket prices for a 3rd place AL East team in 09!! You're Not the Royals, if you were you would be paying a hell of a lot less for tickets so a 3rd or 4th place finish would be appropriate. And don't count on Lars just yet, remember all of you who were counting on Buckholtz last year!! The Sox needed a big bat and got nothing-Hello 3rd place!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from d_marschke. Show d_marschke's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

I really found this whole thing annoying like we can't do it with out this guy, do people really believe that? I hope not. Now it does suck that he is going to the Yanks but if it was any other team, who cares.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

[Quote]You're paying first class ticket prices for a 3rd place AL East team in 09!! You're Not the Royals, if you were you would be paying a hell of a lot less for tickets so a 3rd or 4th place finish would be appropriate. And don't count on Lars just yet, remember all of you who were counting on Buckholtz last year!! The Sox needed a big bat and got nothing-Hello 3rd place!![/Quote]

Umm hello December 23,2008 ... Winter is still young.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

Sully1965-2 The best talent is gone, and so is any real shot in AL East next year and maybe beyond

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dukeos. Show Dukeos's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

[Quote]Sully1965-2 The best talent is gone, and so is any real shot in AL East next year and maybe beyond[/Quote]

[Quote]You can't tell whats going to happen in the future...[/Quote]

That's what your yankee pal Yanks2382 says and he's absolutely right.
    So, unless you're a damn good foreteller, let's wait and see.

Go Sox!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

[Quote]You're paying first class ticket prices for a 3rd place AL East team in 09!! You're Not the Royals, if you were you would be paying a hell of a lot less for tickets so a 3rd or 4th place finish would be appropriate. And don't count on Lars just yet, remember all of you who were counting on Buckholtz last year!! The Sox needed a big bat and got nothing-Hello 3rd place!![/Quote]

You're paying taxes for a stadium while the Yankees blow millions in payroll. How stupid is that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

[Quote]Sully1965-2 The best talent is gone, and so is any real shot in AL East next year and maybe beyond[/Quote]

Seriously? Don't be silly. Free agency is just getting started. The affordable deals will be made and I'm sure the Yankees aren't done either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

You have got to be kidding me, right? DOn't even try to compare the Sox to the Royals. Henry keeps his dough in his pocket and the Yankees want to win at all costs.

Period. The Sox have much more resources than they let go of. Stop being a homer and admit they just didn't man up.

[Quote]Exactly Boston fans are in a panic how would you like to be an Kansas City Royal fan the way the Yankees are throwing around money they are ruining baseball for the smaller market teams.At least the Sox have a very good chance in competing every year.But these smaller market teams cannot afford throwing that kind of money around.[/Quote]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

Save your opinions until the play happens on the field.

Make fun of Kevin Brown, Randy Johnson, Carl Pavano.

I'll make fun of Lugo, Clement, Renteria.

Why, because there is proof they were all bad signings.

You are no expert.

[Quote]I wanted Teixeira here as much as anyone, but we didn't get him so we move on. IMO, the Yanks are now 1/3 in signings that make sense to me. They overpaid for CC and outbid themselves and overpaid for AJ when the guy hasn't been healthy his entire career.

Now, they have a hitter. Good for them.

Next.[/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bossoxAl. Show bossoxAl's posts

It just DOESN'T matter!

If Tex. went to the Nationals, would all these comment be made. All we need is another SP, a catcher and a OF. I'm sure the RS will come up with something to counter plus we have some good prospects coming up. I rather root for then than root for player like the Yanks are buying.