1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

I was listening to the blowhard talk about Ellsbury not bunting with 2 outs and a runner at 2nd.� What Joe failed to realize was that Sean Casey was the runner.� He would have trouble scoring on a hit to right field or center field.� If Ellbury bunts for a hit, Casey would then be on 3rd base and score easily on a hit or a wild pitch.� Morgan went on and on about how that is not "how you play the game".� Granted, my career ended in college while Joe is in the HOF.� That said, I believe he made it a bigger deal than it needed to be.� Did anyone else catch that and do you agree with me...the rational fan, or Joe Morgan...the blowhard?� How's that for a loaded question?� Your honor, the prosecution is leading the witness...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3283346. Show user_3283346's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

I ALSO AGREE THAT THE GAME HAS PASSED OLD JOE UP. THE WHOLE DYNAMICS OF THE GAME HAS CHANGED SINCE HE WAS PLAYING. TIM MCCARVER FROM FOX ALSO, I THINK THESE GUYS JUST LOVE TO HEAR THEMSELVES TALK, AND THE WAY THEY STAMMER ABOUT JUST GOES TO SHOW THEY DONT THINK BEFORE THEY SPEAK!!

JOE WAS AN ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER ON ONE OF THE GREATEST TEAMS EVER BUT THAT WAS ALSO 25 YEARS AGO, ITS TIME FOR ESPN TO GET A GRIP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

Maybe that is the deal.� Morgan just beat the dead horse!� But, I guess he is correct in this case.� He is still a blowhard, though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

Personally, I like Morgan.� With the Extra Innings package, I've had to listen to a lot worse.� I've heard several announcers talk about fast balls exploding through the plate.� I'm not sure what that means exactly, but many have described Pap's fastball as one that explodes which is why he strikes out so many batters.�

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

Jim, there are times I get the distinct impression that Joe Morgan doesn't like the Red Sox; in fact doesn't like them at all.� Then again, maybe it is my siege mentality because I don't think Tim McCarver or Joe Buck likes us either.� Still,� I have never really gotten angry at Joe in the booth.� He is, after all, a Hall of Famer who was always a clutch performer, solid second baseman, and hit with good power.� He certainly must have learned a lot of baseball along the way so when he comes out and gives his opinion on whether my boy Jacoby should have bunted or not I can take it with a grain of salt because I coached for 30 years and am older than Joe and able to weight the pros and cons of what he says with the option of accepting or rejecting it.� In other words, I don't take what he says as gospel.� I really think he and Jon Miller make a good team on Sunday Night Baseball.Now if we want to get down to loudmouth and bloviating McCarver and the sly and sneaky Buck, well then, we have a treasure trove of criticism to hit them with.� McCarver has never learned how to shut up, talks incessantly and most of the time tells me nothing I don't already know.� Buck?� I still recall that 2004 WS and I would be willing to bet my garage that he was doing a slow burn that whole four game set when the Cardinals went down in flames.� Nothing will convince me otherwise that he wasn't rooting for all he was worth for the Redbirds.� Too bad for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolina-soxfan. Show carolina-soxfan's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

Perhaps he is referring to the fact that the ball has some�deceptive movement on it and it has a late breaking action.� I don't particularly care for Morgan as an analyst but maybe that's what he is referring to.� He drove me crazy with his analysis of hitter's swings.� Everyone has developed their own swing.� I don't think there is a perfect swing other than as we the viewers see them (Some swings look more graceful than others).� I believe that all great hitters have their own type of swing that works for them and makes them successful.� What do you think VA?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slikrick04. Show slikrick04's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

Yes, some fastballs have a break at the end which makes it seem faster, and some fastballs are loosing steam by the time it reaches the plate,�while some guys have fastballs that maintain the speed through the hitting zone. So the comparison that many people make is that it explodes through the hitting zone, when others are losing steam.���������Morgan does okay to me most of the time, but there are times when he just rambles on about the same thing for much too long. Almost like some of�the�posters here and on the Celtics board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slikrick04. Show slikrick04's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

Well, to use Yaz as an example, he changed his stance and swing at least 4 times during his career. Once he lost some of his bat speed, he had to bring his bat down closer to his side instead of way up in the air. Dewey is another who tinkered with his stance and swing a few times during his career, but I think he kept his last one for the final 8 years or so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vbredsoxaddict. Show vbredsoxaddict's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

Hey Carolina,Even though I am a huge fan of the game, I have never played baseball beyond one year of little league.� I really don't know much about the mechanics of�swings and batting stances,�etc.� I�can only go by what I hear, read, and see.� While there may not be a perfect swing, you hear announcers often say that if you were teaching a young hitter, this is the swing that you would want to model.� Manny's is one of them.� Drew is another that has a sweet swing.� I guess every hitter does develop their own type of swing.� If a batter is struggling, however, a good batting coach�will tweak a few things which can make all the difference in the world.� �

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

Joe Morgan ESPN

He was just looking something to rag on. to make himself look like some expert. . isn't the batter (especially a rookie one) getting signlas from the 1st or 3rd base coach. . to hit away. hold off or bunt? He probably got the bunt SIGN ..and wasn't his choice at all. . LEAVE THE KID ALONE JOE. . he's doing what he's told! LOL