1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Law2005 says Theo BLEW IT...100% CORRECT

THIS WAS NOT THEO WHO BLEW IT, IT WAS JOHN HENRY, HE'S THE ONE WHO CONTROLS THE MONEY AND HE'S THE ONE WHO CAME OFF CHEAP IN THE NEGOTIATIONS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Law, can you remember when the Sox won the Series last. Based on that Epstein must have gotten stupid overnight. Just calm down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Law. Keep in mind that we have Youk for atleast 2 more years and unless he hires Boras as his agent we will sign him long term regardless of the posturing.
    As for shafting Manny, were you in a coma last year. Boras and Manny spent most of the year trying to get out of him contract with the Sox.

Get some reality pills and chill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Its not Theo it is HENRY who is now becoming very cheap. The same guy who broke uo the Florida Marlins after 2007. Theo does not call the shots and I think they purposely did not get Tex but went through the motions to tell the fans that we did the best we could and came up empty just like the winter meetings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from naplessoxfan. Show naplessoxfan's posts

Law, you are wrong about your dollar amounts. It was 2 million per year. $172,000,00 vs. $180,000,000 over 8 years . The amount does not matter, even if the Red Sox offered $200,000,000 the Yankees would have come over the top with $210,000,000. Boris blew for Tex. If he could have baited the Red Sox better he could have gotten more from the Yankees. The Yankees would have paid anything to win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

[Quote]Law, you are wrong about your dollar amounts. It was 2 million per year. $172,000,00 vs. $180,000,000 over 8 years . The amount does not matter, even if the Red Sox offered $200,000,000 the Yankees would have come over the top with $210,000,000. Boris blew for Tex. If he could have baited the Red Sox better he could have gotten more from the Yankees. The Yankees would have paid anything to win.[/Quote] Absolutely correct, sir

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I really don't understand what some people want from the Sox FO.Game 7 of the ALCS last year,WORLD CHAMPIONS in 2004 and 2007.They have one of the best farm systems in Baseball,a great young pitching nucleus and you people STILL complain?It just baffles me.I've been a Sox fan since the 60's and I've seen bad things with the Sox(Bob Gibson,Bucky Dent,Aaron f'in Boone,etc)so I guess that helps me to appreciate what the Sox have been doing recently as well as preparing for the future.I have absolutely no problem with their moves.They made their mistakes but still look at the final results.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trebor. Show Trebor's posts

Law, if you had half a brain you would be an idiot. Go play with your boy toy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmai15. Show dogmai15's posts

MR. Mojo I respect your passion for the red sox, but there is something on these forums you do not understand. Law2005k, and louiefatlip are not red sox fans. The impersonate red sox fans to insult true fans, and basically get us riled up. We refer to them as "trolls". The reason why Law2005B, C, D, and so on and so forth has to keep changing his screenname, is because the moderators of these boards realize he is a troll and ban his account. True young Red Sox fans love Theo Epstein, and the rest of management because they have put together an amazing organization that is fun to watch. The money they saved on Tex will be much better worth it in the long run. Paying 180 million for a player of his caliber was just not worth it, when We could get someone like albert pujols down the line. He happens to enter free agency right as mike lowell's contract expires. I believe albert pujols for a 200-220 million contract is money much better spent then tex for 180.

DO NOT FORGET TO FEED THE TROLLS OR ELSE THEY'LL JUST STOP COMING!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Let me correct your erroneous statements. Both Paplebon and Youklis are subject to the Baisc Agreement which gives them the right to arbitration. The Sox will pay them accordingly. They know if they keep on producing they will get their payday.
    As for Manny, where have you been for the past 6 years? Manny has been pulling his juvenile stunts on annual basis. Remember after one of these episodess, Manny was put on waivers and nobody picked him up. It was only after hooking up with Boras and quitting on the team to negate his contract that he was let go.
    Fell free to jump off the bandwagon, we won't miss you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

I've had my differences with Law 2005k in the past but on this he is absolutely right. It takes a team to win and to lose, and in this case it was the team of Prune Face Henry and Guitar Boy who blew the Teixeira signings. Henry is just getting damn cheap pure and simple and Epstein seems to have fun lowballing his players and those free agents he supposed to covet. Look at the crap going on with Youkilis right now. Kevin wants long term contract but right off the bat Inepstein starts off with an insulting low ball offer. Some one here is right and someone here is wrong depending on what camp you are in but there's a way to find out which camp is right. Let's see what transpires the next two or three weeks. If Inepstein is still comotose and still hasn't made a move to upgrade the team we will all know that John Henry is going on a cheap spree and telling Red Sox fans to eat cake, in other words, we gave you two WS Titles, let that hold you for the next 20 or so years. We will find out soon enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

Mark Teixera at age 18 after Red Sox spread false info about him because he refused a $1.5 million signup fee because he wanted to go to Georgia Tech said as quoted by the Baltimore Sun, "I will never play for the Red Sox because of their behavior". So please do not blame Theo or John Henry who did not know that Texeira did not want to play for Red Sox and all along wanted to be a Yankee because of Dan Duquette's reprehensible behavior towards Mark 11 years ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

A post on the Mazz article.
    I spent my ride home tonight listening to WEEI try and spin it as not too big a deal because the Red Sox have a great line-up and still can compete. They don't need him now but down the road.. That makes me want to throw up in my mouth. The Yankees have gone out and bought up all the high priced talent while the Red Sox have done NOTHING!!!! They cite the economy as a factor.. Blah Blah Blah. They have no catcher, a third baseman that has a HUGE question mark next to him - a DH that is on the downside, a center fielder who seems lost with no Coco to back him up, a right fielder one swing away from being out the year with a bad back, and a 9 million dollar shortstop who sucks with a backup who is an overacheiver . Did I mention no utility infielder as well. We got smoked in the league championship because the hitting and pitching flamed out. What happens when this pitching staff tries to compensate for no Tek, and poor offense? They implode and 42 year-old Wakefield is not the savior. Please spare me the company line that all is well. The same team is coming back and the management wants you to drink the Kool-Aid.. Farm system may be great, but Boston is not a transitioning/rebuilding place and Theo is not Bill Belicheck. He cannot simply make something out of nothing.. We needed Texiera and now we have squat.. Lets try fourth place with the orioles holding us up..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

one thing you can be sure of is that
    the Yankees, despite their signing
    of Teixeira, will not allow Boston to
    get pujols, should he even become
    available on open market. They will
    sign him just to have him and switch
    Teixeira to another position, possibly
    the Of. The Yankees, with their
    steady revenue stream can do any-
    thing they want, and since there
    is no real punishment for frivolous
    conspicuous consumption in the
    baseball world, the Yanks rule !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

I think that the Fenway faithful will be able
    to see the writing on the wall fairly soon if
    they haven't seen it already. The Sox will
    finish 3rd this season and any future agent
    will treat the Boston organization like a
    leper colony. With a 34,000 seat, second
    rate stadium, as compared to the ones in
    Baltimore, New York, and Philly, where is
    the money going to come from?. There are
    only a limited number of luxury boxes you
    can jam into Fenway. No free agent will
    sign with the Sox because the Yanks will
    always outbid them. Get used to it. Boston
    will have to eventually build a new park and
    get a new set of owners who actually know
    baseball and have incentive to compete w. NY !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

USELESS POST # 120 FROM THE WOOD

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

[Quote]

1. So in your 'mind' its okay to lowball Youk, Pap and whomever Theo wants to screw over because they're under contract. Yeah that'll make for a fun and friendly clubhouse.

2. Keep in mind that Theo and the Sox FO went after Manny in the offseason and STARTED the feud that led to Manny's departure.

I'm not in the mood to waste a second trying to apologize and excuse away Theo's blunders...he's made too many.

[/Quote] It's high time that Henry sells this team to a group or
    syndicate that wants to compete with the Yankees/ We need an
    owner like Kraft and a manager like Belichick who can kick some
    serious butt and gain some respect. Epstein and Henry= failure !!

s

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from akman75. Show akman75's posts

[Quote]

According to Tony Mazzarotti, the deal fell through over less than 2 mil, which means the Sox were supposedly in it all the way up to 178 mil. That's like you negotiating to buy a house that is selling for 200k and losing the deal because you refused to go a dime over 199K.

A 5th grader can handle himself better in negotiations than that.

It was Theo's job as GM to make the personnel moves to put a world series contender on the field for the Red Sox. If JH stepped on his toes and blocked the deal, now would be a good time to hear that.

I'm past giving Theo a free pass. Theo didn't spare any expense in signing Gagne, Lugo, Renteria...how does he fumble the most important move he could have made in the FA pool by a couple dollars at the 11th hour?[/Quote]

It was 1-2 million per year moron. So in light of your math challenged little mind that would roughly be about 8-12 Million. Rumors had the Sox highest bid at 170 million over 8 years. So whip out that calculator next time you need help with big boy math.
    How many of these players have helped the Yankees win a series in the last 9 years??

Mussina, Giambi, Mondesi, Weaver, Karsay, Matsui, Boone, Henson, A-Rod, Matsui, Sheffield, Lofton, Vazquez, Brown, Gordon, Big Unit, Pavano, Wright, Damon, Abreu, Farnsworth, Igawa, Clemens Part II, Pettite Part II, Sexson, Nady, and Pudge
    You named three people, how about these 27?? Our front office has actually won a world series int he last 5 years. How has your front office done? NOTHING, you have a nice bill though and nothing to show. Thats like putting a bid on that 200k house at 500k just so a Boston team doesnt buy it. Thats the intelligence level of your FO. CONGRATS!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

I don't know which is worse the Yankee trolls or the band wagon jumping pink hats with their doom and gloom posts. Show a little faith in a team that came within a game of getting into the World Series.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from akman75. Show akman75's posts

Yeah MAZZ is so PRO Beantown!! PLEASE..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Law -I don't doubt there are fair weather fans that will jump off the bandwagon now, so what. I have been a Sox fan for 50 years and remember 40 plus years of futility. Naturally from my perspective, I have a lot more patience and respect for the current front office.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[Quote]

Well, there you have it folks. I'm far from alone.[/Quote]

Hitler was far from alone too,but it didn't make him right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ufcchamp. Show ufcchamp's posts

I'd say I told you so, but since I predicted this in October, what would be the point of tha law2005

This delusional, narcissistic doucheeeee' is why state funds should be set aside to sterilize hookers and the homeless..........when they mate it aint pretty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

[Quote]

George Steinbrenner just bought Fenway...he wants to put a MAJOR LEAGUE team in there.

[/Quote]

FunnyYankeeFan,

We have a couple smaller ballparks here the Stienbrenners and Boras.could rent from us
    if they don't mind Porta Potties for unruly fans like victory and Louie the lip.

If they manage to make the PS we may even allow them in our local pub :)

25. This post has been removed.