1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouieDaLipp. Show LouieDaLipp's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

A 7 million dollar raise, while Varitek, Pettitte and 80 percent of the free agents in baseball are taking pay cuts MANNY gets a raise. While the market is in a tail spin Manny gets a raise. His raise alone is as much money as you're paying Youkilis and Pedroia this year.

You're an idiot if you think his AGE is the only reason he didn't get a long term deal. Not his antics in Boston. If Manny was 28 there would have been a bidding war every bit as intense as Teixeira.

Boston bad mouths every player on their way out of town and has zero credibility around the nation. NOBODY CARES WHAT THE FOOLS IN BOSTON THINK. A player acting up because he's unhappy with the team or his contract, WHAT A BAD MAN!!! Morons!! Not an objective fan among you.

It's o.k. for Boston to take chances on problem childs, but god forbid anyone else does it. Randy Moss, Rodney Harrison, Stepon Marburry, Corey Dillon, and your very own MANNY. Who had a bad reputation when he came to Boston,...REMEMBER. Manny being Manny goes back to his Cleveland days.

Manny gets a raise while Varitek gets embarassed!

Manny gets a raise while the Boston F.O. is BEGGING for hometown discounts!!!

Let the NON MANNY years begin. Who are you going to blame now??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

Are you a moron? Every other team, including the Yankees, said no thank you. Frank McCourt is still pissed, & evidently a little delusional, he lost out on buying the Sox, so he brings in anyone who was a former player. Since Obama wants to raise taxes on the wealthy, how much of a raise was that again?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

Manny goes through all this crap to get out of Boston and gets a few million more and the same years. Was it all worth it really. LOL And don't forget the Borass cut of that raise. He will certainly take his share. I hope it works out in LA I don't really care to see anyone suffer. So good luck Manny, I hope you truely are happy because you certainly weren't in Boston. May you swat many a home run and may LA lose every game. Thanks for the memories.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

How do you figure no pay cut for Manny--he was guaranteed $40 M. from the Sox--he got $45 M. from LA minus a 15% commission to Boras plus he will have a portion deferred over the next few years.

I don't know the details, obviously, but it seems he would have made out better with the Sox. Boras was the winner it appears to me.

Does anyone know whether the agent gets paid as the player is paid or everything up front? Thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

No Pay Cut For Manny!!!!

[Quote]

How do you figure no pay cut for Manny--he was guaranteed $40 M. from the Sox--he got $45 M. from LA minus a 15% commission to Boras plus he will have a portion deferred over the next few years.

I don't know the details, obviously, but it seems he would have made out better with the Sox. Boras was the winner it appears to me.

Does anyone know whether the agent gets paid as the player is paid or everything up front? Thanks.
    [/Quote]

Either way Ramirez got less than IF he stayed in Boston!! He gets 38.25 million AFTER Boras's cut. He would've gotten 40 million for the same two years!!!