1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Not Buying the Mort Report!

Looks to me that ESPN is up to their old tricks of bashing anything Patriots, for them to say the NE gave up the #12 pick overall in favor of giving the hometown discount to Pioli is ridiculous. So far Denver has denied wanting to trade Cutler, and even if they did I doubt they were ever offering such a high pick for Cassel. I see this as ESPN spinning th facts around just to make the Pats look stupid.
    But am I nuts to ever think ESPN would ever want to bash the Pats? History states I'm not!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I mentioned that the ESPN chimps would be talking crap about a better deal and how Belichick got hosed. Not at all surprised.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

ESPN has become so sensationalist, even their better journalists have fallen into the foolishness. I can't wait to see what ex-jock hack steps out of the clown car next season to join Boomer and The Gang

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoomhitsBSanders. Show BoomhitsBSanders's posts

From what I read it wasn't that Bellicheck decided not to take the #12 pick it was that they had already agreed on the trade with the Cheifs before the Broncos and Bucs came to the table. Yes the Broncos were willing to give up the #12 pick but the trade was already done when the Cheifs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Grogan:

Agreed. Check out this article: http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/03/on
    -cassel-pats-werent-waiting.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I now offiially think something sketchy happened, and BB hooked Pioli up. Here's why:

At just after midnight, it was announced that Vrabel was traded to KC for an undisclosed pick. Basically, right at midnight the Cassel trade was underway. In fact, wasn't Vrabel already on his way to KC before midnight, when free agency started?

It's not like Pioli wouldn't have understood BB wanting to listen to other offers for 1 or 10 hours into free agency, and Vrabel would have been interesting to Denver as well.

BB didn't even want to hear what the other offers were, for whatever reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

ESPN...stupid is as stupid does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

this trade was a disaster from the start, what was the rush to trade cassel?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

d

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeseman. Show cheeseman's posts

[Quote] Grogan:

Agreed. Check out this article: http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/03/on
    [/Quote]

That was a good read.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Let's see Pats get a 34th pick they get 14 mil + 3 mil??? to use for Wilfolk and others as well as any FA. Looks OK to me.
    Why he moved fast was so that he could move fast on any FA he may want and to get his own players set.
    "He who hesitates is lost."
    BB wanted to be in the forefront not waiting 72 hours or more while people said yes or no or agreed to a trade or not.

He has the ability to do what he wants and to me that mainly means getting younger thru the draft and FA.

I see the Vrable move just like McGinnis a couple of years ago plain and simple.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote] Grogan:

[/Quote]

Nice read tex!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if thats the case,the pats were just doing pioli a favor.which they didnt owe him. no one twisted his arm to leave here.why cut your own throats.the last i read the buc,s were after cutler.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Timberwolves
    Trolls like you can believe whatever you like. I doubt that Belichick who traded Bledsoe within his own division has any fear of taking the better offer from Denver instead of the lesser offer from KC. As for ESPN getting any reliable information the Pats, There is no chance after Spygate of that happening. A far more likely circumstance is that Tampa and Detroit tried to obtain Cutler from the Broncos using Cassel as bait and Denver was not willing to pull the trigger like the Denver people say.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[Quote]this trade was a disaster from the start, what was the rush to trade cassel?[/Quote]

Love all these comments saying what's the rush.....well folks....a bird in hand....and freeing up that cap space so you can make the other moves you need to make. Lastly, do you think a team in need of a starting QB is going to wait until months down the road to indoctrinate him into their system??? People you have start thinking.