1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Prince Fielder

I dont see it, he is not good at 1B, he is really over weight (Mo Vaughn looked thin) and he had one great year and two decent years. Plus Tex cost money not players, if your gonna make a change at first get Tex.

However lets talk JJ Hardy . . . . . .Crisp and Bucholtz in a heart beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Prince Fielder

Hmmm.... You have to do that deal if it is even possible, I mean you are not giving up much and Fielder is 24 and guaranteed to hit like .275-40-110 in the middle of our lineup.

I'd be much more excited about the guy if he was right handed and 6'2" 245 instead of 5'11" 285.

Coco and Buchholz for Hardy is fine with me. I'd rather replace Buch w/ Bowden and Lowrie. We gotta have someone to trade Lugo to tho. I suggested Molina/Winn of SF, notin suggested Brandon Inge. Either works for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpoojsna. Show bpoojsna's posts

Prince Fielder

not as bad as some i've seen on here, but still a stretch and a bad idea

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccb2006. Show ccb2006's posts

Prince Fielder

That seems a little steep for a moody, overweight player who's had some decent years but cant stay away from the Twinkies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Prince Fielder

Take out that fat yahoo Lackey (Lackey?!) and put in Bowden and you may have something.

The Red Sox would be insane to trade Buchholz (and it is too much to ask Red Sox fans to SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT?). Thankfully Theo isn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tph2004. Show tph2004's posts

Prince Fielder

Hey I will give it to you for the research.

As for Fielder I dont know the guy is huge . . . . . .from what I seen he is like his Dad alot of Pop outs if he dont hit a homerun.

But maybe I am wrong, plus Fenway is not a left handed pull hitters haven, does he go the other way? I only seen him play 20 - 25 games to date.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Prince Fielder

[Quote]Hey I will give it to you for the research.

As for Fielder I dont know the guy is huge . . . . . .from what I seen he is like his Dad alot of Pop outs if he dont hit a homerun.

But maybe I am wrong, plus Fenway is not a left handed pull hitters haven, does he go the other way? I only seen him play 20 - 25 games to date.[/Quote]

In the "25 and under" crowd, Fielder really has to be considered one of the best hitters, behind only Miguel Cabrera. (Too soon to make a call on Longoria.) Last year on his "Similar Hitters Through Age 23" on baseball-reference, 5 of the 10 were Hall of Famers. Names like Gehrig, Mays and McCovey. This year, the list is less impressive, but still some noteworthy names on it, although its down to one Hall of Famer (Eddie Murray).

I think its easy to forget that Fielder is younger than Ryan Braun.

He's no defensive whiz, that is true. But he's not there to field...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Prince Fielder

The Red Sox would do that deal in a heartbeat, and the the Brewers would not do that trade at all. They would want 3 top prospects for Fielder, and this trade only includes one prospect. Won't happen. Fielder is the best hitter in the league under the age of 25.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COSTANZA. Show COSTANZA's posts

Prince Fielder

What about we trade Coco + Buchholz for Ryan Braun instead?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Prince Fielder

Fielder isn't that great, especially on defense. I also think his weight and attitude will become a growing concern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxnationwest2. Show redsoxnationwest2's posts

Prince Fielder

Check out the 2012 Line up

do you have a time machine...or a crackpipe ?!?!