1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Question for veteran posters about Tex situation.

I am not in panic mode. I actually believe the Tex will get done eventually. My questions are.......What if we DON'T get him? What is our fallback plan? Manny is obviously out of the question. Do we sit back and try to see what is out there at mid-season? What FA would fill in as that middle of order threat to help Ortiz?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think the "middle of the order threat" we need is already in place.

Jason Bay. He just needs to work a little harder on catching up to off-speed and breaking pitches.

I'd like to see either Bay/ Youkilis batting in the 3 spot /5 spot or vice -versa. And Drew or Lowell in the 6th spot. Along with Ortiz in the 4th spot. Those are 5 excellent middle of the order hitters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

sday,

You bring up the one point most of us really don't want to think about. We have few options (if any on offense) so Lowell and Papi returning to form is a must. Burrell and Dunn don't fit our plans for a fourth OF, catcher or pitcher. Penny, Lowe and Sheets I don't see helping much, especially if Justin or Clay are lost for a catcher.

If we lose out on Tex, we may need to see how the season plays out. The best possible team (when healthy) may already be in place. We could trade for Hardy or a solid offensive catcher, while using Lowrie as our new Cora.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

The Sox have that middle of the order threat. Big Papi just doesn't appreciate it. Jason Bay will likely hit 40 HRs or so next year, and there is every reason to believe he will hit .290-.300 again. That is as good as Manny had done here for a few years (better in the HR dept). If the Sox have a healthy Lowell and a healthy Papi who can return to form, then they do not really need Tex. Big need? A catcher, and if they get no Tex, then they need one who will bring an offensive upgrade to the position (I am confident that Lowrie will up his offensive output after he recovers from his wrist injury). What the Sox need most, to compete with Tampa (who is still the best in the East, IMO) is an upgrade at #4 starter. That may come from within (with Buchholz, Bowden and Masterson), but they need to play a few months to see. The Sox also need that few months to see about Lowell, Big Papi and Lowrie. What the fans need is patience and circumspection.

So, if no Tex, then Sox get an offensive upgrade for catcher and see about getting Peavy, Sheets, Smoltz and/or Penny. If none of them come on board, Sox have three youngsters to vie for the #4 spot in the rotation. By July the need (or not) to upgrade the offense or SP will be evident, and a trade or two can be made.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

I predict Texeira will end up in Baltimore. I still don't understand why RS go after hime in the first place, only to have to shuffle the line-up and possibly trade Lowell away....not a good scenario. What the RS need is a right-handed power hitter off the bench, a catcher that can hit and throw runners out, and another quality left-handed starter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

in your case yeomans....any veteran will do....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

funny how people always say what they want, and how much they're willing to spend as if their john henry or theo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patfan11394. Show patfan11394's posts

i really hope we land teixiera, but if we dont, we still have a great team to work with and alot of key players will be back from injuries. Yankees are just spending money out of their wazoo and thats not going to work as has been proven recently. I prefer homegrown talent any day over spending a ton of money on free agents. And there is good reason because pedroia, youk, paps, masterson, ells, lowrie, delcarmen..are all very good players from the farm system and have contributed to this team alot. while it would be great for us to get tex, we may not need him necessarily.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Thank you sday. By the way, is that your height and girth - 4x45?

yeah......is that bad?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

i've been working out