1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

Red Sox don't have what it takes!

Oh, sorry, mssed the title, I thought you meant the Yankees. My bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

I think your team is missing a few more pieces than ours is, if you are a yankee fan at all. You seem obsessed with the red sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan84. Show redsoxfan84's posts

So why would Theo need to make significant moves in the off-season?  I was under the impression that the team with the best record and a world title the previous year would be good enough as it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PedroPLP. Show PedroPLP's posts

Hey there 27Rings. Man, you're such a lunatic...
    Since you're making statements without any  kind of backup I'll do the same. The only difference though is that many more people will agree with me than with you.

The Red Sox arguably have the best all around team in the major leagues. Speed, Power, Pitching, Defense and Smarts are all there with the right blend of veterans and young players. They also have a lot of deph to dig from in the minor leagues.

I wont say anything else 'cause I know I'm losing my time replying to you anyway

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HHS1964. Show HHS1964's posts

Are you on drugs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hey 27 (you big dreamer, you .... 26 and holding)

Here's a good counterpoint to your - ahem - argument
    LINK: http://www.courant.com/sports/baseball/hc-domonbaseball0608.artjun08,0,6615981.story

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milltycoon. Show Milltycoon's posts

I think  what he means  is that the team as currently constituted (i.e. not including the Disabled List players) is incapable of going to the World Series this season.   So he's taking out Schilling, Daisuke and Ortiz from the team.  That is the only possible way I can imagine him saying that they lack starting pitching or a DH (the only possible way other than that 27Rings is a lunatic, a person who wandered onto the wrong team's page, an instigator who likes to deliberately say indefensible things, a 9 year old, etc.  These are also all possible.)
      In light of this absurd concession (to the best of my knowledge, no current Red Sox injury to a major player is expected to linger until October), 27Rings may at least be on the fringes of a defensible statement.  But I wouldn't say what he says even with the injuries.  The Red Sox have the deepest starting pitching in the American League, Manny is showing himself as a fine DH (not many teams' "backup DH" is a future hall of famer in a contract year), and the bullpen is not any more erratic than most of the AL contenders.
      With a healthy team, the Red Sox should again be comfortable favorites to win the pennant.  I'd put 27Rings' Yankees as no higher than the 4th most likely team to do so, and that would be assuming that the Yankees bring in some serious re-inforcement on July 31 and that they also go on a tear in August and September, as seems to be their usual m.o.  With the Yankees being their usual 53-25 after the All Star break, I still rate them 4th in the AL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

[Quote]Hey there 27Rings. Man, you're such a lunatic...
    Since you're making statements without any  kind of backup I'll do the same. The only difference though is that many more people will agree with me than with you.

The Red Sox arguably have the best all around team in the major leagues. Speed, Power, Pitching, Defense and Smarts are all there with the right blend of veterans and young players. They also have a lot of deph to dig from in the minor leagues.

I wont say anything else 'cause I know I'm losing my time replying to you anyway[/Quote]

Hi , Mr. Ricardo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillyBallgame. Show BillyBallgame's posts

Are you serious?

Theo has done an excellent job!

Go RED SOX!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillyBallgame. Show BillyBallgame's posts

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO JOSH STARTING!

three UP
    three DOWN
    pass the BALL AROUND ***

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

You suggest they maybe pull off some stupid move like the Yankees did with Joba.  That was BRILLIANT!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

hey skankee fan,
    on the 'roids' again; is giambi on the 'roids' again?
    i think he is my special friend; giambi is on the 'roids' again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWIGHTRIGHT. Show DWIGHTRIGHT's posts

hey skankee fan,

on the 'roids' again; is giambi on the 'roids' again?
    i think he is my special friend; giambi is on the 'roids' again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from detourjazz. Show detourjazz's posts

He who is in the cellar should not tell he who is in the penthouse how to run his team!

He who has NOT won a title in the last 8 years should not tell he who HAS won two how to run his team.
    GET A GRIP 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1393332. Show user_1393332's posts

Are you talking about your Yankees?  I know they suck this year, but hey you can borrow this line.......

Wait until next year!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

This is why this board needs yankee posters. You post this garbage and people believe you. LOL

Did you notice who started this thread diva? 27Rings is everybody's favorite yankee poster. Why don't you take him over to your new place?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yankee-diva. Show yankee-diva's posts

[Quote] This is why this board needs yankee posters. You post this garbage and people believe you. LOL

Did you notice who started this thread diva? 27Rings is everybody's favorite yankee poster. Why don't you take him over to your new place?[/Quote]

Yeah, I saw who started it. But that is no reason to post more garbage. LOL.......and no thanks. How come you aren't over with us? You enjoy this snail crawl?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz1. Show chazz1's posts

Apparently Diva has a post but it doesn't show up on the thread.

I called Rich the GM of BDC, surprisingly he did not know the extent of the problems on the site he sounds like a competent and interested GM.  His info can be found on the contact page at the bottom of the page . Call him , it can't hurt , the board is getting worse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[Quote]Yeah, I saw who started it. But that is no reason to post more garbage. LOL.......and no thanks. How come you aren't over with us? You enjoy this snail crawl?[/Quote]

I've been pretty busy. I'll stop by and visit from time to time (when you least expect it).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

So this is what happens to Yankee fans when there team is sitting in last place on June 10. Lets egg on the RS fans, guess life is pretty boring this summer. At least you have a all star game to look forward to.

Thought the last thing a Yankee fan would want to debate is starting rotation and bullpen. Hope Mussina can continue to be your Ace? Good luck with that. Farnsworth and Hawkins in the 8th can't wait till we play you guys again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

Unfortunately 27Rings got what the desired attention by poking RS fans.  In my experience, virtually every baseball analyst I've heard has either the Sox or (lately) the Cubs as the best team.  Of course that doesn't mean the Sox will win it all, but they appear to be among the best teams.  I never hear the Yanks mentioned, although some commentators have predicted they'll miss the playoffs.  

This is unprecedented in recent years.

Personally, I think NY has too much talent to be out of it.  I think they will heat up, but interestingly, the AL East seems much more balanced this season, as the standings indicate today.

Also, it was very un-Yankee like to split a series with KC at home, and nearly lose 3 of 4.  But, anything can happen...we aren't even half way yet. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeus142. Show zeus142's posts

27Rings is everybody's favorite yankee poster.

27 Rings has been stirring things up for quite a while.  I don't know why Red Sox fans react so intensely to his posts. It's just what he wants. Every baseball fan pretty much realizes the strengths and weaknesses of both teams. Red Sox fans also know that you really can't count the Yankees out this early in the season, despite our erratic play. My advice to the Sox fans is:  You are the reigning champions. You don't need to be so defensive. Your team looks very solid right now, in spite of the injuries. Tampa Bay is your immediate concern. But don't count us out just yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vabeachredsoxfan. Show vabeachredsoxfan's posts

[Quote]Your team looks very solid right now, in spite of the injuries. Tampa Bay is your immediate concern. But don't count us out just yet.[/Quote]

Before the season started I would never have believed that Beckett, Dice, Schilling, Clay, Lowell, and Ortiz could all serve DL stints in the first 1/3 or so of the season and that the RS would still be in first place.  Not to mention the flu bug and the other minor injuries that kept some players out here and there.  Seeing the way the youngsters have filled in, and the way the vets have stepped it up in the absence of others, I would have to say that the Sox definitely have what it takes.  That, of course, does not guarantee anything, but I have to like our chances as well as any other contenders.

Don't worry Zeus, I never count the Yankees out. 
    On a side note, I saw this morning that Strahan is retiring.  It's nice that he can go out on top.  Our football teams will be meeting on opening day.  It's too bad the defending SB champs will start off the season with a loss.   :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

It's easy to predict  any one of thirty teams as not having the stuff to win the World Series and end up being right.

Why not go out on a limb and tell us who you think will win the World Series this year?  Would it be the Yankees?

LOL! Didn't think so.

Daf.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeus142. Show zeus142's posts

[  It's too bad the defending SB champs will start off the season with a loss.   :-

Vabeach, the Giants have been in four Superbowls, and it seems the years they make it I have had little expectation for that season. The following year after the Superbowl, my expectations are high, and we've had very poor seasons. Despite a tough schedule next year, my expectations are very high for this team. Oh, well.

As for losing to the Patriots, all I can say is we've been down that road before. LOL