1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sviolet1. Show sviolet1's posts

Santana wants $140 mil from Yanks or Sox

I agree, as much as I would like to see him pitch for the Sox, that is too much money and too much risk for a pitcher. If it was just the money, no big deal, but to give up prospects and all that money, just isn't worth it. Now they are hoping we will part with Bucholtz as well. I think the Sox have handled this correctly, we aren't in a position of need so we can wait them out. I wouldn't change our offer and if we pull off the trade I wouldn't offer more then 5 years at 20-22 per. If he won't sign within 72 hours the trade is void and we all can get on with life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

that is the problem here, its not just the money, its also giving up most likely two huge prospects and then that much money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from peskypole. Show peskypole's posts

The Sox will just wait until he becomes a free agent and then atttempt to sign him them without giving up the farm, literally.

True, but then you run the risk of having the Yankees swoop in and sign him without giving up anyone, too. They've got more money than us and would surely trump any deal we offer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck45. Show chuck45's posts

Well i say walk away. to me he is not worth that.another thing Jake Peavy signs for 52 mil, to me he is in the same class as Santana.Talk about greedy,Theo please keep our prospects.The Twins are more in a bind than we are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbona. Show jbona's posts

I agree, if the Twins want Buchholz and Ellsbury they can keep Santana, thats far too much for him. I can't believe the Twins are going this route considering they have ABSOLUTELY NO NEGOTIATING POWER. Everyone knows he's going this off-season, and if they keep him for the season they'll get no ROI (return on investment). They need to deal him, and everyone knows it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyujohn. Show garyujohn's posts

Remember, that is the AGENT"S starting price....When Johann gets involved relative to playing with Ortis and the other "buddies" from the same area as well as playing for a "winner", the price will drop to a more reasonable level. But, in No Way should we give away our two top prospects for this deal. Tell MINNY that's a "Deal Bracker" and sit tight!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from onemoreguinness. Show onemoreguinness's posts

Greedy bastards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from t8tjt. Show t8tjt's posts

FUGETABOUTIT!!!!!!!!

I have been an advocate of getting Santana but not giving up Clay or Jacoby in the same deal. At that price, keep the kids and let them grow!

Let the Yanks spend that amount on one guy, they will have less to spend elsewhere and two guys (Santana and AROD) cannot to it all by themselves.

Tom

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skipper2115. Show skipper2115's posts

It's easy - Just say "NO" to the Twins- keep our young stars - and wait until Santana beomes a free agent - then let the market decide what he is worth - not his agent!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmb605. Show tmb605's posts

I would think that with the current core boston has now and with the manner in which the twins are handling these discussions, the red sox would be better off holding on to the youngsters they have. Give them a chance to show the world what they can do. Ellsbury already showed that he can bring it on for the big games, something that Arod does not seem to possess. Have so faith in the red sox farm system that appears to be able to scout these prospects and develope them into quality players. Something that seems to be forgotten from the good ole' days. Who knows, these kids could be the next superstars that every team wants to buy and boston has them now. Why trade so much potential away and spend hundreds of million dollars on one pitcher, whom seems to be showing some decline in his attributes, if you look closely. Boston has the talent to win more Division titles, American League titles and World Series, without Santana. Save some money as the saying goes, " save it for a rainy day", should boston find themselves in need of additional talent during the up coming season. Boston is a great franchise and is finally in a situation where they could be a serious contender each and every year. Let them not get too greedy..........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from atteckus. Show atteckus's posts

While I have no problem with approximately $20MM per year, and possibly giving up one major prospect, there are too many demands here for a deal. First, the Twins want Clay in addition to Jacoby - absolutely no deal there. Second, I wouldn't give a 7-year guaranteed contract to a bionic 18 year-old. There is no way this deal can be good for the Sox on an "overall" basis. I think the honorable and proper thing to do is to publicly announce that both the Twins' and Santana's demands are too rich for even the Sox, and walk away. Perhaps that will change the dynamics of what is perceived as demandable by them, and cause this stagnant deal to finally move.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjodon7. Show kjodon7's posts

There's no way to justify giving up multiple top prospects, and then shelling out $140 million all for one player. It's time for Theo to walk away from this.