1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnpats168. Show soxnpats168's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

Calm down everyone. Damn, what a bunch of babies.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

If the Sox finish in 3rd place, it won't be because they didn't get Tex.
    The only way they finish in 3rd is if they don't take the money they don't spend on him to improve dramatically in other areas. I believe they will spend wisely...IF this isn't just Henry and Theo calling Boras' bluff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roast1999. Show Roast1999's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

That's just embarassing... The report was that the Sox were offering 8 years, maybe 185 mil and they're cheap? Give me a break. That's pitiful. He hasn't signed anywhere yet, and if he goes elsewhere, guess what? The Sox have a very solid lineup, very solid rotation and a solid bullpen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

No, this is Boras calling their bluff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

$184M is a bluff? Get a brain....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

This same team won 95 games last year with many injuries and a player quitting. Tex isn't needed to win next year as long as lowell and ortiz are healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbrown76. Show cbrown76's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

We aren't going to jump into another 8 year deal... especially with a Boras client. i don't blame them. Spend money elsewhere and shore up some of our current players. Buy four or five quality players for the price of Tex. I wanted him, but I think this management knows what the hell their doing. Just Chill...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mascmen7. Show mascmen7's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

GET USED TO THE 2009 CRIPPLES CALLED THE RED SOX LED BY BIG POPUP, ONE LEGGED MIKE AND STRIKE OUT CHAMPION TEK. IT WON'T BE PRETTY AND THEY WILL BE LUCKY TO BREAK .500
    SIGN BOBBY ABREU, A GREAT ARM AND HITTER WITH POWER. AWESOME!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRDerby. Show HRDerby's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

yea he is calling his bluff alright. Hope he didnt sell this

http://graphics.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/Theo_gorilla.jpg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4of11. Show 4of11's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

I had you scrubs battling for 3rd with Tex, without him(still not desided) I am betting on 4rth.

Horrible C, Horrible SS, broken down 3B and DH and RF, weak hitting and no arm CF, good LF, 2 best players will never duplicate 08 career years, no bench, no 4 or 5th starter and avg at best bullpen. Listen Sux fans I know the truth hurts but deal with it. 1 division title in 25 years and you losers are not happy? get a life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from High_and_Tight2. Show High_and_Tight2's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

[Quote]I had you scrubs battling for 3rd with Tex, without him(still not desided) I am betting on 4rth.

Horrible C, Horrible SS, broken down 3B and DH and RF, weak hitting and no arm CF, good LF, 2 best players will never duplicate 08 career years, no bench, no 4 or 5th starter and avg at best bullpen. Listen Sux fans I know the truth hurts but deal with it. 1 division title in 25 years and you losers are not happy? get a life.[/Quote]

No way you would put money on that, so just shut up.

Another Yankee fan talking out his A-rod before any games are even played. You're a real winner pal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

Sox Brass..............you won't get a "nice try" on this one....You should have known where this was going, before getting involved. Dealing with Boros and the potential of the Yanks jumping in, you needed to go higher...the reward would have come ...Tex is that good............This is twice, Henry & team have made a mess of things....Yes I know we got the 2 championships..and we had the potential for many more...HAD!..... Remember, Ortiz was having a terrible time hitting last year, way before he hurt his wrist, and he is not getting any thinner, and Lowell most likely will not ever be what he was in 2007, after his 2008 injury....Well one thing for sure.....New York fans are laughing their asses off........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeLahoud. Show JoeLahoud's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

3rd PLACE? THAT'S THE POSITION CURRENTLY HELD BY THE SHITE STRIPERS. next question, guido.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billy13. Show billy13's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

That is ridiculous. Tex is not that good. No MVP, cant run. Plays only 1B and DH. 29 yrs old.

The sox have a business model, and they should stick to it. No panic overpays. They are doing a great job. The club is in good shape. We have added some good pen arms. We need to add a SP. That should be priority over overpaying for Tex. Let him and Manny go. We will upgrade anyway.
    I have the faith in the sox. They are proceeding well. Dont give this guy 10 yrs. Might be time to cast off tek and look at a better offensive option if we dont sign Tex? Boras wont be getting any sox money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

you guys are pathetic...

acting as if teixeira makes or brakes a team.

catering to these babies needs of making an obscence excess of money, no one needs to make that much money.

pathetic.

go sox!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

I don't think tex breaks anything in the sox "business model" - because they will make a FORTUNE over the next 5 - 7 years with a ballpark packed everynight and they have cut some serious payroll in last 6 months.

The front office has done NOTHING to improve the ball team this off season. I guess the plan is hope that the three aging pwoer hitters all rebound 100% from MAJOR injuries.

Great plan.

Off season grade is an F

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan-66. Show RedSoxFan-66's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

These posts are disgusting! Some of you shouldn't be fans of the Boston Red Sox. Taking shots at Ortiz & Lowell.

Seriously - Chill OUT!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClayS. Show ClayS's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

As a Yankees fan, I like to drop by this board now and then to hear the whining. I wish it were true that the Sox were giving up on Tex, but I'm convinced they are just playing the game with Borass. If they want him, they'll have a shot at tendering their best offer at the closing bell, and they probably have a good shot of bagging him. Let's wait and see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

What a perfect scenario for the front office. They dump Manny and his $20+ million, after two championships, saying what a bad guy he is. Then when they are pushed to go a little further in the Tex situation they walk. In the end they don't add a damn thing to their payroll and tell the fans that ticket prices for the '09 Season will not be raised. The fans, at least some of them will drink the kool aid and talk about the all the great prospects coming up from the minor league. The funny thing is they will stay be paying Major League prices to go to a game to watch a bunch of minor leaguers. It is a scam.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

[Quote]
    bosox2431
    POSTED 12/18/2008 11:47:31 PM
    The Yankees and the Rays are way better than the cheapass Red Sox.
    Please explain how the NYY and Tampa are that much better?

[/Quote]

They both have catchers on their rosters. How's that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

The Sox won't come in third place regardless. The Rays will own third place next season, I predict they don't come close to achieving what took place last season. All the really Sox need is this to win the division over the aging Yanks with or without Manny.

#1 Tex and a solid back up catcher with offense
    #2 Peavy and a solid offensive catcher

Either will get us back to the PS, if we can stay healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

[Quote]I had you scrubs battling for 3rd with Tex, without him(still not desided) I am betting on 4rth.

Horrible C, Horrible SS, broken down 3B and DH and RF, weak hitting and no arm CF, good LF, 2 best players will never duplicate 08 career years, no bench, no 4 or 5th starter and avg at best bullpen. Listen Sux fans I know the truth hurts but deal with it. 1 division title in 25 years and you losers are not happy? get a life.[/Quote]

Always good to hear the opinions of the little guys. The opinions of the 3rd place finishers is just as important as the guys actually in the playoffs.

The opinions of the idiots, otoh....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

[Quote]These posts are disgusting! Some of you shouldn't be fans of the Boston Red Sox. Taking shots at Ortiz & Lowell.

Seriously - Chill OUT!!!!!![/Quote]

Don't be too hard on Bosox2431, he gets scared easily. We were better and are better. Just leave a nightlight on for 2431 and he'll be fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

If they don't sign Tex, it means the Sox must get a quality Catcher and SS. It's about total team offensive production, not the production of a single player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Say hello to 3rd place

Just a matter of time before Law pops up saying Theo blew it.........lol........