1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Some Big name QB's getting the Bench!

Looks like Marc Bulger and Derek Andersen will be seeing the bench this sunday. With the Bye week upon the Pats, I just had to post this out there, should the Pats make move? I still say keep Cassel at QB, but Derek's Arm would be tempting with Randy Moss running deep routes.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bikerdude38. Show Bikerdude38's posts

I think that Cassel has arm enough what he needs is time enough to see everything out in front of him. Some of that will come with time as Cassel learns to read faster. However, in order for him to live long enough to do that the O line needs to do a better job of protecting him. Seldom does one come off the bench with all the speed of a starter, that come with experiance. Hopefully this occured early enough in the season that Matt and the rest of the Team will be up to speed and focused when the playoffs get here. This will certainly be an interesting season, I hope that it is one that is filled with good memories when the season is over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Do you honestly think the Pats can just snap their fingers and get Derek Anderson? Did you see the contract he signed in the off-season? Ain't gonna happen!

Said it before and will say it again... O'Connell will be the savior!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]Do you honestly think the Pats can just snap their fingers and get Derek Anderson? Did you see the contract he signed in the off-season? Ain't gonna happen!

Said it before and will say it again... O'Connell will be the savior![/Quote]

I have no doubt well get to see if O'Connell is the savior.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonnynukeleo. Show jonnynukeleo's posts

Why not jeff Garcia? I'm sure you could pick him up for a 4 rounder or so and sign him to an incentive contract. Cassell reminds me of Bledsoe holds the ball way to long he's got to get sacked often the way he plays. If you look the defence only has to cover 0-20 yard from the line of scrimmage, it dosen't take to much to figure out a 20 yard defence. Jeff would at least open things up which might make the running game more effective? just a thought

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chino4858. Show Chino4858's posts

I agree. Lets make a play for Garcia or let the rook have at it. Cassel is not going to lead this team. How can you even take him serious?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]I agree. Lets make a play for Garcia or let the rook have at it. Cassel is not going to lead this team. How can you even take him serious?[/Quote]

Cassel has been with the Pats for 4years! If he doesn't work out as expected, then the Pats need to replace whoever though he was a good backup this entire time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Because Garcia A) does not fit this system B) would cost too much for a 39 year old man and C) is not as good as many of you guys think he is.

I like Anderson and Bulger but the Patriots dont make trades like this in the season. Offseason maybe and even that is pushing it. If we wanted to do this we would have to trade away draft picks and this team does not do that, we hold draft picks up to a very high value in NE and we would not trade any of them in some illadvised mid season trade. we care too much about our draft picks to make a move like this. If we bring in a veteran QB it will be via the free agent pool not a trade. We should all know how we do things around here by now and the Pats simply do not make these kinds of moves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]Do you honestly think the Pats can just snap their fingers and get Derek Anderson? Did you see the contract he signed in the off-season? Ain't gonna happen!

Said it before and will say it again... O'Connell will be the savior![/Quote] delux-its obvious your an o-connel fan.nothing wrong with that,but this year he is saveing no one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

unfortunately it does seem true that the Pats don't trade during the season.... if no qb in the last couple days (the perfect time for procuring one) than none this year, i strongly suspect.

but it seems wrong... unless BB and all think we can make the playoffs as presently constituted. wrong, because we have too good a team to just take a year off for lack of a good qb. a wasted year or not... we shall soon see

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonnynukeleo. Show jonnynukeleo's posts

who cares if he's 39 years old it's not like we are going to offer him a long term contract, so I guess you say cassell fits the system where did you get your information that garcia would not? and I don't think it would cost the pats much more than a 4 rounder Garcia wants out and Gruden hates him but I guess we won't do it because he can't find Moss, Welker, Falk,Gaffnee, or Watson give me a break the guy can still play and who the hell can say what the pats will do. Just when you think you have them figured out they do something totally different

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

how abotu the fact that garcia is now and has always been a west coast offense QB, do that Pats run a west coast offense? nope, have we ever? nope, will we ever? Nope. Garcia is a good QB and I like him but he does not make sense for this team which is why you dont hear any media people bringing this up only fans who think they know more then they do.

A 4th rounder? you have to be kidding me, for one Garcia is not worth a 4th round pick and even if he was the Pats dont make trades like this! They value draft picks higher then anyting why dont you try reading a f*cking book or something cause everything you read on Belicheck or the pats from "Patriots Reign" to "The Education of a Coach teh Bill Belicheck Story" will tell you that the Pats have a drafting system and they hold draft picks very high which is why you never see us trading away picks for players unless it is a draft day trade for great value ala Randy Moss. Randy was worht a 4th rounder, Garcia is not. I will bet you money that the Pats not only wont make this trade but they wont make any trade for a QB, Cassel will play until they say he cant and then O Connel will play they will go to war with the people they have the way they have always done it. when we needed D Back badly what did we do? did we make a dumb trade for a aging CB or di we turn Troy Brown into a corner and go to war with teh people we have? There is a patriot way and making trades for players like Garcia is not the way. Where did i get my information? it is called reading, you should try it sometime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonnynukeleo. Show jonnynukeleo's posts

first of all you don't need to use profanity, I have been watching the pats since they played in Fenway park I feel I have forgotten more about sports than you'll every know and you sure are proving it. Now how many teams has Garcica played for? also it's a fact that he has been good wherever he has played. Then you say the Pats DON'T trade but in the next sentence you say Moss was well worth a 4 rounder but they don't trade they just use their draft picks like chad Jackson? must have forgot about him and the other busts they have drafted and I suppose Marony isin't heading towards the bust list and don't kid yourself or anyone else you would rather see any other back perhaps Lamont Jordan? Morris, Falk or any other back they have on their team than L.M. at 1.6 ypc No they won't trade anyone they will just dump this season in the dumpster and hope tom comes back on time and as good as new. Please try reading and making some sence before you post and swear at someone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

How about we watch the Pats' OLine start to show some promise before we wonder who's going to be under center.

From what I'm watching, the OLine needs to be the savior this season. It really doesn't matter who starts at QB, because right now the floodgates are open and there's not a QB in the league that would be productive in this situation. Vick's still in prison and Vince Young is hurt. Can anyone else name a current QB that could possibly avoid these frequent jailbreaks?