1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hwichbb. Show hwichbb's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

SSlfanatic, you must not be too well versed on Harwich. Bianco is not agreat kid, he hurt team unity and was an attitude problem. Coach was calm with kids, who else should they have beat in the SSL?? Saw all the hame games and one away- I played when Harwich was OK- this was not a great team and played well as season went on, coaching plays into getting better as seaon progresses- true?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hwichbb. Show hwichbb's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

"3 years ago i saw a kid with raw talent, this year i saw the same kid with raw talent, better but not developed the way he should have been with good coaching. the same goes with other players on the team, everyone improves, but the next step will not happen under this coach."

Were you crying when you wrote this? No clue, Harwich is not ABington or Norwell- limited amount of players and talent, the Cape for hoop is a different palce; im sure it is the same at a D-Y or Mashpee. Bianco has never gotten rid of the attitude issue. Throw him off, maybe. Played against DY and Mashpee and they had some kids with attitudes too, just not to that level.

SSL beats the SCC by 10 points, when is the All Star Game??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]"3 years ago i saw a kid with raw talent, this year i saw the same kid with raw talent, better but not developed the way he should have been with good coaching. the same goes with other players on the team, everyone improves, but the next step will not happen under this coach."

Were you crying when you wrote this? No clue, Harwich is not ABington or Norwell- limited amount of players and talent, the Cape for hoop is a different palce; im sure it is the same at a D-Y or Mashpee. Bianco has never gotten rid of the attitude issue. Throw him off, maybe. Played against DY and Mashpee and they had some kids with attitudes too, just not to that level.

SSL beats the SCC by 10 points, when is the All Star Game??
    [/Quote]

SSL beats the SCC by 10? u out of ur mind? ssl may have better teams overall then the scc but talent wise the scc is much much deeper. the only superstars i see in the whole league that would give anyone fits are lapointe, chambers, triant, martin, and maybe jones. triant gave everyone fits in the ssl but gnb voc-tech has a player who will make triant look like nothing( no offense to triant but he will be a d3 south tourney team pick) and that kid is billy dias. for a 6'5 big man, he can dribble, shoot and defend with the best of them. the all star game depends on who plays. when is the game? cause if wareham is anywhere close to contention, none of their players will play which then adv. ssl. i think the scc starting 5 would go as follows 1. rezendez- wareham 2. tavares-wareham 3. silva or koneski-seekonk-dr 4. pina-wareham 5. dias- gnb voc-tech. whats the starting 5 looking like for the ssl? thoughts? concerns?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0013. Show 0013's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

when and where is the allstar game anyway? anyone know?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0013. Show 0013's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

cohasset over marion by 30. anyone else play

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

any thoughts about hull vs scituate tonight?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

64 49 scituate

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

any thoughts about abington and norwell in d3? what about cohasset and hull in d4?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

seeds are up in d3

abington vs (d-r/foxboro)
    norwell@fairhaven

d4 still to come

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

hull@cohasset 1st round. hahaha what were the odds. :P

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 0013. Show 0013's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

mashpee could win a game or two in d4. they didnt have a great year but their gaurds can really get after people and can score.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Anybody got thoughts on mashpee?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Abington will have a hell of a time beating the winner of foxboro vs d-r. Koneski is money all day and will take a team effort to stop. Foxboro plays in the hock and stood well with all the teams in the conf. Time to see if abington is for real! ( I wanna see an abington vs. Wareham matchup in the final at umass boston too!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Yeah i posted on the sectional site that i think u mite see mashpee in the semis against cathedral. what do u guys think. Old Colony is the weakest #2 in the state tournament. They are not a great team. i think they lost to sturgis. Unless dover sherborn is any good i think mashpee wins a couple games as much as i hate to say it, then they will they play those perennial powerehouses from cathedral

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hwichbb. Show hwichbb's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Hmmmmm, I wonder why Bianco did not make it?? If he did not make it, hope the message to him is clear.
    Mashpee's guards are good, big guys are very, very average, but if they play like they did against Harwich, they may go places.
    Good luck to all SSL teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slimsmitty1602. Show slimsmitty1602's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Any thoughts on the games tonight?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaypills. Show jaypills's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Nice win for Hull last nite. well done. The Pirates will be severely tested by Millis on Saturday at Hull. Lets see if they get it done against this tri valley team. And oh by the way, Cohasset u guys blew it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chucker8t2. Show chucker8t2's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

number 22 is dan shea a junior who was the starting halfback for the fotball team and a tough sob, I agree the ref's let them play and I would say it was too huls advantage dan did a great job on martin and was the difference

tryant was a non factor and they still came away with a win so you have to give credit to the coach. He went with a line up of all juniors and tryant a lot of people were skeptikal , but hey it was a great move. I think it will be different with millis they are an unknown team to us, I hope Q has the plan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaypills. Show jaypills's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Abington 42 Fairhaven 39. Ur rite im so sorry. Was anyone athe game. Was curious to find out how chambers and lapointe played against the tuff D. Someone mentioned they made a comeback and i was wondering how much they got down and what happened at the end of the game on that last possesion if it was only a 3 point ballgame.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pat35. Show Pat35's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]Abington 42 Fairhaven 39. Ur rite im so sorry. Was anyone athe game. Was curious to find out how chambers and lapointe played against the tuff D. Someone mentioned they made a comeback and i was wondering how much they got down and what happened at the end of the game on that last possesion if it was only a 3 point ballgame.[/Quote] Abington was down at 8 in the second quarter following a Kristian Lapointe technical foul. Lapointe didn't look himself, missing a breakaway layup as well as a few non-characteristic turnovers, but he wasn't the only one on Abington with those problems. Chambers was quiet early on, probably being held to only 5 points on 6 or 7 shots in the first half, but in the fourth quarter he hit a three point shot to put them up 36 to 35. Don't remember the exact sequence of plays, but I believe a Fairhaven player missed a shot, but got fouled with under twenty seconds left, missed both free throws, and rebound went to Chambers who called a timeout. Abington brought the ball down court where Chris Tighe got fouled and made both of his free throws, putting them ahead 42-39. Fairhaven drove down and missed their three point shot, fouled an Abington player who missed both shots, but there was three seconds left at that point, and Fairhaven missed their desperation half court heave.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

thanks for the rundown pat. sounds like an interesting ending to that game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Mashpee 48 Dover-Sherborn 46. Mashpee gets Cathedral in semis who beat up Nantucket today 72-54

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

Was anybody at the hull millis game.? Never heard what happened

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chucker8t2. Show chucker8t2's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

[Quote]Was anybody at the hull millis game.? Never heard what happened[/Quote]It was pretty tight for the 1st half Hyman and the big guy were really not on they missed a bunch of lay ups and hull again pound the ball inside triant , dan shea , pari and pickering all played well triant had too have 15 rebs. pickering hit some big 3's to pull away and pari was the leader. the 18 point margine was accurate and I think that millis just had no answer for triant and couldn't get anything going in the 2nd half. Anyone have a take on westport vs hull. I am not familiar with westport at all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from captjay31. Show captjay31's posts

SSL Basketball 08-09

yeah thanks chucker i have no idea really about westport but i think they are pretty good from what ppl said . Dont know how that game matches up