1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodzits. Show rodzits's posts

Teixeira survey:What do you think?

b-pay the coin he's the best players out there and we need him,ww don't no what's up with lowell and ortiz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodzits. Show rodzits's posts

b-pay the coin he's the best players out there and we need him,ww don't no what's up with lowell and ortiz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

d. none of the above.

The sox have more pressing needs such as a #4 SP, catcher(s) and 4th OF. Let someone else overpay for Tex. The Sox have the MLB ready prospects and money to acquire via a trade a big bat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brarrell. Show brarrell's posts

Even if Sox get him for what they have offered (assuming they have put a proposal together), he still is getting more than they need to spend on a gold-glove OPS guy they already have! I say lower the ludicrous offer, say he'd be lucky to play for such a franchise, see what he thinks, and move on until he comes knocking.

Make some of the moves Marylandfan mentioned while Tex is making up his mind, before all the other FA's or trading partners disappear. If he goes elsewhere, thus is life and life is thus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phineasgage. Show phineasgage's posts

We do not NEED him. We currently have a Gold Glove winner at 1B.

We WANT him.

That's a big difference, which Scott Boras is finding out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlowPuffs. Show SlowPuffs's posts

[Quote]d. none of the above.

The sox have more pressing needs such as a #4 SP, catcher(s) and 4th OF. Let someone else overpay for Tex. The Sox have the MLB ready prospects and money to acquire via a trade a big bat.
    [/Quote]

As well concentrate on signing Youk and extending Bay's contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from papifan111. Show papifan111's posts

C. Theo knows what he's doing and so do the rest of the owners, they aren't dumb relax and let things work.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMIK326. Show BMIK326's posts

signing jason bay to extension should not trump signing tex tex could have put us over the top last year, jason bay did not lead us to the world series, if henry lets tex walk to the yankees it will be a big blow this offense is not good enough without another power hitter and lowell or youk is not that power hitter, its time for henry to man up and get it done with tex

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

over 22 million per year NO. otherwise YES

and if the Yanks get him---Salary Cap Here We Come, and that would benefit us much more than Yanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlowPuffs. Show SlowPuffs's posts

[Quote]signing jason bay to extension should not trump signing tex tex could have put us over the top last year, jason bay did not lead us to the world series, if henry lets tex walk to the yankees it will be a big blow this offense is not good enough without another power hitter and lowell or youk is not that power hitter, its time for henry to man up and get it done with tex[/Quote]

Winning a WS depends on many things... good-great players, etc.,.. but it can go down the toilet with an injury or two, ie Lowell, Papi, Beckett. If these three had been healthy, it may have been a different story... Putting all the eggs in "one basket" is not a good approach... look at A-Rod.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Even if Sox get him for what they have offered (assuming they have put a proposal together), he still is getting more than they need to spend on a gold-glove OPS guy they already have! I say lower the ludicrous offer, say he'd be lucky to play for such a franchise, see what he thinks, and move on until he comes knocking.

D... As In Ditto !!

GO SOX 2009 !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

The Sox should be in great shape regardless whether we sign Tex if Lowell and Papi rebound well. Obviously our management don't feel they can or will if we are going after Tex. With Tex, good health, a solid catcher, maybe Lowe or Smoltz and a replacement for Crisp we are the team to beat.

Without Tex, we have money to burn and prospects other teams want. I think Theo will concentrate more on finding a better all round catcher, or possibly looking at a guy like Hardy for more offense. The same can be said about possibly trying to convince a guy like Peavy to play for Boston over another mediocre arm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

C-My guess is that within 3-4 days, Boras blinks and accepts our offer. And if he'd rather take the money to play for a last place team, then perhaps he isn't the player we want.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Ho-hum....290/25-30HR/100RBI. Yeah, we have a few of those. He doesn't replace Ramirez, simply put. What has Texiera won? (How dod it work out for the LAA?)

Do the Sox really need a first baseman? (No.) So, why the big money on a ho-hummer? Can we say that Texiera is a winner? Does he make other players better, or has he simply put up numbers based on opportunities that he individually took advantage of? He got lots of playing time in Texas and took advantage of it, but he's not a superstar.

The Sox are simply chasing what is percieved as the biggest fish in the pond. (They haven't been successful in this regard.) What position do the Sox need to take care of, firstly (no pun intended)? Perhaps, they should do some better long-term planning and stop creating log-jams at positions that are filled; signing players to exhorbitant contracts (e.g. Lugo, Renteria)?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from badgealbert. Show badgealbert's posts

ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TEX MUST BE EITHER A NUT OR A YANKEE FAN. A NUT OR YANKEE FAN ONE AND THE SAME ANYWAY

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSFever. Show PSFever's posts

I think the primary purpose for the meeting in Texas was for Henry to call Boras out on what he may be looking for to sign Tex, or which teams may be serious. None of us should believe any reports that came out of that meeting. Reporters and Writers will twist anything they want to make a story, while others just jump on the bandwagon without any facts at all. Then there are guys like Ken Rosenthal, who like to suggest who his favorite team (The Yankees) should sign more than any writer out there.

The Yankees have always been interested in Tex, who wouldn't with that kind of money to burn? I just don't think Tex want's to play there. I still think the Angels or Sox get Tex. I would bet the Yankees still throw some insane option at Tex before all is said and done. Look what the Yankees did to help lure CC over by giving him a 9.5 mil signing bonus without even pitching a game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[Quote]We do not NEED him. We currently have a Gold Glove winner at 1B.

We WANT him.

That's a big difference, which Scott Boras is finding out.[/Quote]

That depends on how you view the void left by Manny's bat. I don't believe that Bay or Youk fills that void and that is where the need factor comes in for the Sox. Plus, is Lowell going to be recovered this year? Youk could be needed at third again and Teixeira at first could be necessary to replace him unless you're satisfied with a utility guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRJB1. Show CRJB1's posts

My belief is that its a ploy by Boras. If there is a better offer than the rumored 8 yr/184 million, why the hesitation in Tex taking it? I think he's trying to get the Sox to ante up and the Sox know better than to bid against themselves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

I would say pass on Texiera, and let Scott Boras eat some crow. He has misread this off season badly, his market for Manny is almost zilch, the market for Derek Lowe is bottoming out as fast as the oil prices dropped.

Peter Gammons had an excellent article last week on if teams wait until the all-star break alot of other teams will be dumping off their higher priced players, just perfect timing for a team like the Red Sox to come in and scoop them up.

It would be nice to have Texiera he would be a nice cornestone for the franchise but the world won't come to an end if the Red Sox don't sign him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

boras has gotten teams to bid against themselves before and henry and company knows it, i still say it will take around 8 years 200 million, it's only 16 more milion over the 8 year spand and it will seperate the boys from the men on this, if you only raise your offer by a couple more million it will entice the other clubs to stick around, there' no one out there like this guy and won't be for a while, just look around and see who going to be a fa in there prime with kinda of numbers, hard to find, time to finish this, so we can finish the rest of plans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bossoxAl. Show bossoxAl's posts

d. I not sure what Theo. has in mind to pay out to other player that he feel that the team needs. A OF, another SP plus a trade for a catcher. what that will cost and money to keep Youk, lester and Pap in the near future. After that if they can afford Tex. OK.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]d. none of the above.

[/Quote]

How about - E. Common sense rules, someone has to hold the line against these outrageous salary demands. ???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

When is Hanley Ramirez eligible for free agency? To me he is the only player out there, w/ the exception of Pujols that is deserving of that type of money.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yeah...this asking point is just gross. It would be a merry Christmas indeed if Boras has to eat a lot of crow. But it doesn't usually go that way with this weasel. My guess is, Sox pony up the cash and pay it forward. Otherwise, I think Teixeira stays an Angel.